1. Most cities in the country have introduced "Clean Air
Zones" (whereby) factories and households are only allowed to burn smokeless fuel.
2. He knows that the (pursuit) of social status can consume vast amounts of his
time and effort.
3. The doctors are at a loss because so far no medicine has been found to
(inhibit) the spread of the disease.
4. We see many special education directors trying to (maintain) the quality of
their programs with much less money and much smaller staff.
5. People there are told it is their (patriotic) duty to support the national
economy by buying their own products.
6. Darwin's thinking both drew upon and (transcended) the conventional ideas of
7. In spite of all your (endeavors) , there may be times when you encounter
difficulties in the training process.
8. My advice to Mr. Stewart is to think carefully before entering into a career in
medicine, as this is a field which requires a lot of (dedication) and long working hours.
9. Most Chinese parents would prefer to choose some professions that are stable 1