1. Barbara has many friends. She doesn’t like to be ____________(单独的).
2. When you drive, you should pay attention to the traffic ____________(标志).
3. “Life is like going on a long ____________(旅行).”my grandma used to say to me.
4. Many school hold ___________(一些) festivals of music or sports every year.
5. Project Hope needs lots of ___________(志愿者).
6. Tommy found a backpack, and he was trying to find the ___________(主人).
7. During the summer vacation, they did lots of volunteer work to ___________(筹集) money for charity(慈善).
8. When Uncle Bob heard the good news, his heart was full of ___________(愉快).
9. The volunteers helped me out when I was in ___________(困难).
10. The little boy ___________(拿着)his little box anywhere he goes.
11. He did it all out of (出于) ___________(善良).
12. The math teacher explained(解释)the problem carefully, and he _________(理解).
13. The only thing that never ___________(改变) is“___________(改变)”itself.
14. The healthy people can hardly understand what it’s like to be ___________(有残疾的).
15. A car needs ___________(轮子) to run on the road.
16. The ___________(失明) girl can take care of herself.
17. The ___________(聋的) children communicate in sign language.
18. I can ___________(想像) the scene clearly in my mind.
1. Uncle Sam repaired his TV by himself. (改为同义句)
Uncle Sam __________ __________ his TV __________ __________ ___________.
2. The boy is similar to his father. (同上)
The boy __________ __________ his father.
3. After I give it the orders, the dog does them right away. (变为同义句)
Hearing my orders, the dog does them __________ __________.
4. How clever of you to work out the difficult problem.(同上)
__________ __________ clever __________ you to work out the difficult problem. 5. We needed to come up with some ideas. (改为否定句)
We __________ __________ __________ come up with __________ ideas.
1. Even though he was disabled, he can do many things _______ swimming, writing and reading.
B. for example
C. that is
2. Why are you so _______ in such a book? I don’t think it is _______.
A. interesting, interested
B. interesting, interesting
C. interested, interesting
D. interested, interested
3. She _______ by finding me a specially trained dog, which actually _______.
A. helped me up; cheered me up
B. helped me out; cheered me up
C. helped me up; cheered me out
D. helped me out; cheered me out
4. –What are you doing, Uncle Wang?
--I’m sorting out old books and I’ll _______ to kids in the west of China.
A. give them up
B. give them away
C. give them off
D. give them in
5. Our maths teacher will give us only 5 minutes _______ this problem.
A. find out
B. work out
C. to give out
D. to work out
6. It was a difficult time for the quake-hit victims in Ya’an, but they didn’t _______ hope.
A. give up
B. give off
C. give in
D. give out
7. –Long time no see. I think you _______ a lot.
--Yes. I used to be quiet, but now I’m outgoing.
A. will change
B. were changing
C. are changed
D. have changed
8. –My aunt goes to climb mountains every Sunday.
--Oh? But she _______ hate climbing mountains.
A. used to
B. was used to
C. is used to
9. He wants to have his TV _______.
C. to repair
10. The heavy snow didn’t _______ the international airlines.
A. pay attention to
B. add to
C. make a difference to
D. keep to