1. Where has Timmy been for his summer holiday?
2. Which Disney character does Simon like best?
A. B. C.
3. What type of book does the girl want to borrow?
A. B. C.
4. How did the boy’s mother go to school when she was young?
A. B. C.
5. What does the man think of the book?
6. Why does the woman do with the computer after work?
A. To watch films.
B. To play games.
C. To search information.
7. How soon will the train start off?
A. In 15 minutes.
B. In 50 minutes.
C. In 25 minutes.
8. When is the best time to visit Chicago?
A. All year around.
B. Spring and summer.
C. Spring, summer and autumn.
9. What do we know about Tom?
A. He always gets nervous.
B. He is a great speaker.
C. He hasn't prepared well.
10. Where are they talking?
A. On the playground.
B. At the museum.
C. In the bookstore.
11. What’s the news about?
A. A new company.
B. A new computer.
C. A new job.
12. How often does Peter use computer for his work?
A. Once a day.
B. Twice a week.
C. Five times a week.
14. A. comfortable B. interesting C. easy
15. A. large port B. deep harbor C. beautiful beaches
16. Who is Stephen Hawking?
A. A biology scientist.
B. A physics scientist.
C. A chemistry scientist.
17. What is he well- known on?
A. Space and life.
B. Life and growth.
C. Space and time.
18. When did he become sick?
A. At the age of 23
B. At the age of 30
C. At the age of 20
19. How did he communicate with others?
A. By drawing pictures.
B. By writing words.
C. With the help of a computer.
20. Which description is not right?
A. A brief History of time is his first book.
B. He hasn’t been to China during his life.
C. He died when he was very young.
21. You can click on ______icon to take _______ online trip to European countries.
A. an; an
B. an; the
C. the; an
D. the; a
22. Because of the snowstorm, the students________ stay at home instead of going to school.
D. have to
23. — Ben shows a great interest in drawing.
— Yes, he often reads the books about __________.
24. The train to Beijing will leave at 8:30. We should reach the railway station ________.
A. on time
B. in a time
C. at times
D. at a time
25. — Shall we watch the Indian film The secret superstar this night?
— OK, I have read the __________ online and most say it’s a good one.
26. Travelling can make you relaxed, _________, you can learn a lot in it.
C. soon D .moreover
27. I __________ you for a long time, Where _____________?
A. haven’t seen; have you gone
B. haven’t seen; have you been
C. didn’t see; have you been
D. didn’t see; have you gone
28. It’s said that the old couple ___________ for fifty years.
B. got married
C. has got married
D. has been married
29. — Have you ______ read the book Flags of our fathers
— No, it’s so meaningful that I haven’t finished reading up it, _______.
A. already; recently
B. just; ever
C. ever; yet
D. never; yet
30. — Would you mind my________ here?
—________. If you do that, you will be fined.
A. to smoke; OK
B. smoking; Certainly not
C. smoking; Better not
D. to smoke; Good idea
31. Lily used to _______a bus to the company, but now she is used to ________there.
A. take; drive
B. taking; driving
C. take; driving
D. taking; drive
32. — We will have a Reading Week this term.
— Good idea. I think you need to decide _______ because a quiet place is important for reading.
A. what to read
B. who to read with
C. when to read
D. where to read
33. The Stylistic Park _______ a football field, some basketball courts and other sports places.
A. is made in
B. is made from
C. is made by
D. is made up of
34. Which following sentences is the Opinion?
A. J.K. Rowling is one of the greatest writers in the world.
B. Harry Potter series has been translated into about 70 languages.
C. J.K.Rowling got the idea of the story on the train trip to London
D. There are 7 books in the series of the story.
35. — Thanks for telling so much about your school! — ___________
A. It’s my pleasure
B. I’m glad you like it
C. With pleasure
D. You needn’t to say like that
One day when I was five years old, my mother was washing the dishes in the kitchen. I was telling her about a new girl at school, and she looked up at me and said, “36 are your two best fri ends?”
I was not 37 what to say, “Um--- Julie and May.”
My mother 38 washing the dish and asked me, “Well, what about Kate and Cindy?”
“But they’re my 39 ”
“Yes, but they can 40 be your best friends. Friends may come and 41 , but your
si sters will always be there for you.”
At that time I felt 42 . How could my two sisters be my closest friends? We fought all the time over toys, food, and what to 43 on TV. How could my sisters be my best friends? They weren’t even the same age as me. We all had our own 44 at school. But my mother never let us 45 that sisters are lifelong friends. Like all mothers, she wanted to give us a great gift 46 let us know how lucky we were. She let us play together and always punished us in the same way, too.
We didn’t always 47 well and fought just like any other sisters. Now twenty years have 48 . We realize that our mother is 49 . Today I share things with my sisters that I don’t 50 with anyone else.
36 A. What B. Who C. Where D. Which
37 A. sure B. able C. sorry D. afraid
38 A. began B. stopped C. suggested D. practised
39 A. sisters B. brothers C. friends D. classmates
40 A. ever B. never C. already D. still
41 A. go B. stay C. live D. follow
42 A. sad B. strange C. relaxed D. great
43 A. do B. play C. listen D. watch
44 A. coaches B. teachers C. students D. friends
45 A. think B. know C. remember D. forget
46 A. and B. but C. so D. or
47 A. get off B. get down C. get along D. get together
48 A. wasted B. lost C. passed D. finished
49 A. tired B. right C. wrong D. dead
50 .A. help B. share C. make D. care
Macao lies on the western side of the Pearl River Delta, bordering Guangdong province to the
51. What can you see now when you are at the Ruins of St. Paul?
A. a church
B. a college
C. a tower
D. a front stairway
52. What is the egg tart?
A. A kind of Portuguese food.
B. A kind of Chinese food.
C. A kind of food with only western taste.
D. A kind of Macao traditional food.
53. Which of the following is TURE?
A. You can’t gamble money in Macao.
B. Macao was ruled by China all the time.
C. The Ruins of St. Paul was burned down in a big fire.
D. You can experience the highest bungee jump in the world there.
A mouth is one part of the body, and we use our mouths for many things. In the English
lang uage, there are many expressions using the word “mouth”. But some of them are not so nice.
Sometimes, we say something to a friend or a family member. Later we regret (后悔) because it hu rts that person’s feelings. Or we tell the person something we didn’t m ean to tell. The speaker might say, “I really put my foot in my mouth this time.”