Part IListening Comprehension(15 minutes)
Directions:This part is to test your listening ability. It consists of 3 sections.
Section ADirections:This section is to test your ability to understand short dialogues. There are 5 recorded dialogues in it. After each dialogue, there is a recorded question. Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken only once. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A),B),C) and D) given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. A) A testing system. B) A monitor system.
C) A measuring system.D)A control system.
2.A) Car prices.B)Car services.
C)The company’s business.D)The company’s culture.
3. A) It’s easy to do.B)It’s challenging.
C)He can get a high pay.D)He did the same job before..
4. A) She’ll meet a friend.B)She will take a flight.
C)She will attend an interview at 5 o’clock.D)She will see a doctor before 5 o’clock.
5. A) She will report the complaint to the manager.B)The manager refused to talk to the man.
C)The manager was on a business trip.D)She will deal with the complaint.
Section B Directions:This section is to test your ability to understand short conversations. There are 2 recorded conversations in it. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions. Both the conversations and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A), B), C) and D) given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
6.A)Breakfast. B)Dinner.C) A 5-dollar gift card.D) Bus service to the airport.
7. A)His member card. B)His driven license.
C)His credit card. D)His passport.
8.A)The telephone is out of order. B) The line is busy.
C) He is at a meeting. D)He won’t be back until next Monday.
9. A) It has been canceled. B) It will arrive on time.
C) It has been delayed. D)It will arrive ahead of schedule.
10. A) Make an appointment with her. B) Talk with her about a new order.
C) Send her an email about the shipment. D) Call her back when receiving the shipment.
Growing up can be hard in ________11___________ where crime is common. That is the situation Marco Antonio Aguilar___12____ when he started at Carfield High School in Los Angeles, California. The boy hated___13_____. He says he had the _____14________, often missed classes and even got into fights. ―15______ the teachers that I receiving, knowing that they did care about me, the school did really help me.‖ Aguilar recalls.
16. How can you get information if you’re going to buy a motor bike according to the speaker?
To look in your newspaper.
17. What kind of motor bikes is advertised in the newspaper?
Different kinds of motor bikes, both new and of the motor bikes.
18. What is one of the advantages of using the advertisement on the newspaper?
It gives you the opportunity to have of the motor bikes.
19. What’s the possible problem if you buy a bike in this way?
You might have to until the motor bike is available.
20. What’s another way to find a good motor bike according to the speaker?
Another way is to look .
Part II Structure(15 minutes)
21. The guidebook for those who are going to start a business online in this country.
A) is intended B) to intend C) intends D) intending
22. Reactions to the online management system were more positive those to a paper-based version of the same system.
A) which B) as C) than D) that
23. We all recognize the necessity for people the rights of others.
A) respect B) to respect C) respecting D) respected
24. If there’s one man opinion matters more than any other’s, it’s our manager.
A) whom B) which C) who D) whose
25. my opinion, customer service here has improved but not as much as expected over the last 2 years.
A) On B) In C) For D) With
26. We are sure that we our second project by the end of the next month.
A) will have completed B) had completed C) completed D) were completing
27. The bank clerk listened carefully he could discover exactly what the client wanted.
A) in case that B) now that C) so that D) provided that
28. This dictionary is a three-thousand common word collection with samples of and spoken language.
A) writing B) wrote C) write D) written
29. He was educated at the local grammar school, after he went on to Cambridge.
A) what B) that C) which D) whom
30. If he _________ here now, he would be doing everything he could to help you.
A) were B) is C) will be D) be
Directions:There are also 5 incomplete statements here. You should fill in each blank with the proper form of the word given in the brackets. Write the word or words in the corresponding space on Answer Sheet.
31. (obvious), I met with some difficulties within the first few days of my new job.
32. I had trouble (spell) the difficult words when I first started learning French.
33. Make sure that the new equipment (install) in a safe manner.
34. As a police officer, you are trained to stay calm even in extremely (danger) situations.
35. It’s said that Abersoch is one of the ( good) beaches in the UK.
36. Don’t forget (lock) the doors when you leave your car in the parking lot.
37. Over the past few years, these companies have been able to maintain a steady (grow) in their business.
38. Your prices were (reasonable) than those of the other two companies.
39. The job increase is a (hope) sign for small and medium business that employ 90% of the US workforce.
40. While (live) in the UK, a driving license issued in your country only remains valid for up to 12 months.
Part III Reading Comprehension (40 minutes)
Direction: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 4 tasks for you to fulfill. You should read the material carefully and do the tasks as you are required.
Direction: After reading the following passage，you will find 5 questions or unfinished statements，numbered 36 to 40. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A), B), C) or D). You should make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Marketing by email is on the increase. Compared to other media, email messages are extremely cheap to send. With TV, you are spending on ad agencies and cable channels. With print ads, you are helping to keep newspapers and magazines alive. Direct mail costs more than $600 per thousand piece. With email, there are almost no costs at all. Its low cost makes email marketing become the most cost-effective (划算的) advertising method available today.
With TV, you do not know who is watching your ads. Even with direct mail, you cannot be sure that your mail has been delivered, or that anyone reads it when it gets there. With email, you know within 24 hours exactly which messages have opened, by whom, what links the openers clicked on, and what part of your messages was working. Because of electronic links, those who open your emails can do their own research: they can explore and see any of the thousands of products that you sell. They can see the colors and sizes.
They can, and they do, read ratings and reviews. They can put products in their shopping carts and buy them.
36. Email marketing has become the most cost-effective advertising method because.
A) it is of extremely low cost B) it is a new marketing method
C) it is popular with young people D) it is the best marketing method available
37. By saying ―with print ads, you are helping to keep n ewspapers and magazines alive‖ (Para. 1), the writer means that.
A) your investment is important to newspapers and magazines
B) your ads are helping newspapers and magazines survive
C) print ads are more attractive than TV and email ads
D) print matters are less expensive than emails
38. According to the passage, if you place an ad on TV, you are unable to know.
A) how often your ad is displayed B) how much your ad cost
C) when your ad is shown D) who your audience is
39. If you marketing by emailing, you can learn within a day .
A) who have opened your messages B) how old your message readers are
C) what quality your advertised product has D) how much your advertising message cost
40. What enables the email ad readers to do their own research?
A) The TV program ratings and reviews. B) The product’s color and size.
C) The electronic links. D) The shopping carts.
Directions: This task is the same as Task 1. The 5 questions or unfinished statements are numbered 41 to 45.
To make your driving experience in the United States safe and enjoyable, our company is providing you with this ―Rules of the Road‖ pamphlet. Please note, however, that this pamphlet does not represent a complete list of the motor vehicle and traffic laws of the various states. Regardless of whether or not a specific law is outlined below, it is your responsibility as the driver to follow all applicable (适合的) motor vehicle and traffic laws.
Do Not Drink and Drive!
Each state strictly prohibits Driving While Drunk.
Wear Seatbelts-It’s the Law!
Also, the use of child seats for babies and small children ( usually under age 5) is required to stay in all states. Place child seats in the back seat only.
Stay to the Right
In the United States, motor vehicles are operated on the right hand side of the road. Be extremely careful to stay to the right at all times- especially if you are from a left-hand drive country.
Obey the Speed Limit
In most states, the maximum highway speed is 65 miles per hour (mph) in rural areas and 55 mph in urban (市区的) areas. Speed limits on secondary roads and in cities and towns are usually significantly lower, generally 30 mph and even lower in school zones.
Stop for School Buses
Traffic approaching in both directions must stop for a school bus while its red lights are flashing. 41. The purpose of the ― Rules of the Road‖ pamphlet is to.
A) provide a full list of traffic laws and regulations in the US
B) help drivers to enjoy safe and pleasant driving in the US
C) tell drivers to avoid dangerous roads in various states
D) show drivers the different road signs in all the states
42. If you travel with a child under the age 5, you should.
A) put him in a child seat B) carry him in your arm
C) have him sit beside you D) fasten him in the front seat
43. What does a driver form a left-hand drive country need to do while driving in the US?
A) Stick to his driving practice. B) Apply for a new driving license.
C) Take a special retraining course. D) Keep to the right side all the time.
44. The speed limit set for school zones is.
A) 65 miles per hour B) 55 miles per hour
C) lower than 30 miles per hour D) higher than 30 miles per hour
45. When a school bus flashes its red lights,.
A) people should cross the street quickly B) approaching vehicles must stop
C) all vehicles must slow down D) police should be called in
Directions: Read the following passage. After reading it, you are required to complete the outline
below it (No.46 to No. 50). You should write down your answers briefly (in no more than three words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Our company, ―UK London Chauffeur‖ based in NW London is conveniently loc ated for all of the London airports as well as Central London. We have been operating since 2002. We provide a pre-booked private car hire service door to door for all occa sions.
As UK London Chauffeur is a family-owned business, we feel we are able to off er a service with a personal touch that is sometimes lacking with a larger company.
High quality customer service is a must at UK London Chauffeur. Our drivers ar e always well presented in a suit and tie, and excellent time keepers and our vehicles a re always kept clean, neat, and tidy.
Our objective is to be at your service from arrival to departure, getting you to yo ur destination on time in a safe manner. UK London Chauffeur has grown in the past years due to our good customer service. We look forward to serving you to your satisf action.
Directions:The following is a list of special terms about real estate （房地产）. After reading it,
you are required to find the items equivalent to those given in Chinese in the table bel ow. Then you
should put the corresponding letters in brackets on the Answer Sheet, numbered 51 thr ough 55.
A—floor area B—title document
C—land use certificate D—commercial/residential complex
E—land use fee F—land use term
G—planning approval H—reconstruction of old area
I—public utilities J—urban planning
K—state-owed land L—the Municipal Land Administration Bureau
M—construction project N—housing residences
O—go through the formalities P—land efficiency
Directions: The following is a letter. After reading it, you should give brief answers to the 5 questions ( No. 56 to No. 60 ) that follows. The answers ( in no more than 3 wor ds) should be written after the corresponding numbers on the Answer Sheet.
Dear Ms. Phillips,
I’m writing to you apply for the position you advertise on Monster. com for a qua lity control
manager. As you will see in my resume, I have the experience to fill this position.
For the past ten years, I have been working in the information technology depart ment at Hopewell Industries where I have been a software developer, project manager, and manager of QC Testing. My experience has ranged form managing teams of prog rammers to creating test plans, running tests, and managing testers.
Recently, Hopewell Industries decided to outsource the IT function to IBM. Whil e I am sad to leave the company, I am looking forward to a new assignment with fresh faces and new projects. I have heard abut APS Software in various trade journals and would be very interested in becoming part of your team. APS is well known for qualit y products, and I am excited about the possibility of becoming a part of your success s tory. I hope you’ll give me an opportunity to discuss my qualification and experience.
I can be reached at (214)555-5555after 6 p.m.
Thank you very much for your consideration for this position.
56. What is the position Alice Grassley applies for?
The position of a.
57. In what department has Alice Grassley been working at Hopewell Industries?
58. Why does Alice Grassley want to leave Hopewell Industries?
Hopewell Industries has decided to outsource the IT function to.
59. Where has Alice Grassley learned about APS Software?
60. What can you learn about APS Software?
It’s well known for its.
Translation (25 minutes)
Directions: This part, numbered 61through 65, is to test your ability to translate Engli sh into Chinese. After each of the sentences numbered 61 through 64, you will read fo ur choices of suggested translation. You should choose the best translation and mark t he corresponding letter on your Answer Sheet. And for the paragraph numbered 65, w rite your translation in the corresponding space on the Translation/Composition Sheet
61. All orders, placed directly or via our representatives between now and July 1, will be honored
at our previous prices.
62. Due to the increase in the price of fuel, we will limit our free delivery service to any orders over $200.
63. You are allowed to carry-on item and one personal item on most flights, and they are both subject to size restriction.
64. Your landlord is allowed to increase the rent by any amount as long as the increase is not for an illegal reason.
65. Most of us have too many things to do in our life. Since time cannot be created, we need to make choices and make a plan. Planning is the key to relieving the stress of too little time. Plans can be made for long-term or short-term goals. Start by making daily plans. A daily plan involves two things. First, list the things you must do today, and then write down the things. Most of your time should be spent on these things.
Part V Writing(25 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You are required t o write an Email according to the following information given in Chinese. Remember to do the task on the Translation/Composition Sheet
1-5 DCBAD 6-10 ADBDD
11. local 12. second-hand 13. a check 14. wait a while 15. online
16-20 ACBDB 21-25 ACDCA
26. obviously 27. spelling 28. is installed 29. dangerous 30. best
31. to lock 32. growth 33. more reasonable 34. hopeful 35. living
36-40 ABDAC 41-45 BADCB
46. 2002 47. personal touch 48. high quality 49. time keepers 50. neat and tidy
51.E, Q 52. K, N 53. H, G 54. P, A 55. C, I
56. quality control manager
57. information technology department
59. trade journals
60. quality products
Practical English Test for Colleges
Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension (25 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your listening ability. It consists of 4 sections.
Directions: This section is to test your ability to give proper responses. There are 7 recorded questions in it. After each question, there is a pause. The questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
You will hear:
You will read: A. I’m not sure. B. You’re right
C. Yes, certainly.
D. That’s interesting
From the question we learn that the speaker is asking the listener to leave a message. Therefore, C. Yes, certainly is the correct answer. You should mark C on the answer Sheet.
Now the test will begin.
1. A) You are late. B) My pleasure. C) Fine. Thanks. D) Go ahead, please.
2. A) I’m John Smith. B) Thank you. C) Not too bad D) It’s over there.
3. A) Pass it to me, please. B) Yes, of course. C) This way, please . D) Don’t worry
4. A) All right. B) Not at all. C) I’m fine. D) It doesn’t matter.
5. A) Here you are B) Thank you for coming.
C) It’s too late. D) Yes, once a month.
6. A) Never mind. B) Mind your steps. C) Sure. D) Don’t mention it.
7. A) Long time no see. B) Here it is. C) Coffee, please. D) No problem. Section B
Directions: This section is to test your ability to understand short dialogues. There are 7 recorded dialogues in it. After each dialogue, there is a recorded question. Both the dialogues and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper.Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
Now listen to the dialogue.
8. A) He missed the bus. B) He got to the wrong place.
C) He forgot the time. D) He was sick.
9. A) By a gift card. B) By cheque.
C) In cash. D) By credit card.
10. A) The man’s foreign language ability. B) The man’s education background.
C) The man’s communication skill. D) The man’s work experience.
11. A) She doesn’t like her job. B) She has changed her job.
C) She is retired. D) She has quit her job.
12. A) From its advertisement. B) From its website.
C) From its newspaper. D) From its sales people.
13. A) In a hospital. B) In a hotel.
C) In a restaurant . D) In a supermarket.
14. A) Today . B) Next Monday.
C) Tomorrow. D) This Friday.
Directions:In this section, there are 2 recorded conversations. After each conversation, there are some recorded questions. Both the conversations and questions will be spoken two times. When you hear a question, you should decide on the correct answer from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D given in your test paper. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. Now listen to the conversations.
15. A) Meet a friend. . B) Visit a patient.
C) See a doctor. D) Look for a dentist.
16. A) He’s caught cold. . B) He’s got a headache.
C) He’s got his leg broken. D) He’s got a fever.
17. A) Mrs. Green. . B) Mrs. Smith.
C) Mr. Kale. D) Mr. Black.
18. A) On Friday. . B) On Wednesday.
C) On Thursday. D) On Monday.
19. A) Write a letter. . B) Arrange the meeting.
C) Send an email. D) Pass a message.
Directions:In this section you will hear a recorded short passage. The passage is printed in the test paper, but with some words or phrases missing. The passage will be read three times. During the second reading, you are required to put the missing words or phrases on the Answer Sheet in order of the numbered blanks according to what you hear. The third reading is for you to check your writing. Now the passage will begin.
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Thank you very much for coming to our conference this afternoon. I’m Henry Johnson, the 20 of Smart Toys. Now, I’d like to introduce you to a completely 21 of toy manufacture. Firstly, I’ll talk about the market research which led to the 22 of this product. Then I’ll explain the production and our sales plan. Finally, I’ll make some suggestions so that you can make this product a 23 . We are confident this new product will sell well in the 24 . At the end of my speech, we’ll have a
Part Ⅱ Vocabulary and Structure (10 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to construct correct and meaningful sentences. It consists of 2 sections.
Directions: In this section, there are 10 incomplete sentences. You are required to complete each one by deciding on the most appropriate word or words from the 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.25. I am very happy to declare that this year’s sales target ahead of time.
A) achieved B) has achieved C) has been achieved D) had been achieved
26. The new traffic rules will become from the first day of 2016.
A) comfortable B) excellent C) challenging D) effective
27. The news quickly spread throughout the campus he won the first prize in the
A) which B) what C) that D) who
28. The delivery of the goods was because of the snow storm.
A) worked out B) put off C) turned on D) taken in
29. When , the project will help to greatly improve the environment in the community.
A) finished B) to finish C) finishing D) finish
30. The task will not be fulfilled we get help from the other departments.
A) if B) unless C) since D) when
31. Vitamin B enables the body to full use of the food taken in.
A) make B) reach C) put D) bring
32. These construction workers are required to participate the safety training program.
A) at B) with C) in D) to
33. We’ll send the memo in advance all people can have enough time to get prepared.
A) in case B) so that C) as if D) ever since
34. Congratulations on the great you’ve made since last year.
A) progress B) measure C) appointment D) sense
Directions: There are 5 incomplete statements here. You should fill in each blank with the proper form of the word given in brackets. Write the word or words in the corresponding space on the Answer Sheet.35. It is hard (guess) what comments the manager will make on the design.
36. Payment can (make) online from your checking or savings account.
37. This type of loan is (frequent) used for this purpose.
38. It is possible that we reach a long-term (agree) with the company.
39. I must admit that the situation is (difficult) than I thought it would be.
Part Ⅲ Reading Comprehension (35 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your reading ability. There are 5 tasks for you to fulfill. You should read the reading materials carefully and do the tasks as you are instructed.
Directions:After reading the following passage, you will find 5 questions or unfinished statements, numbered 40 to 44. For each question or statement there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Then you should mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
It is important for us to know how to stay safe while traveling in foreign countries. We’ve all heard the stories of travelers having their wallets(钱包) stolen or finding themselves in the wrong part of the town. So you have to be more careful than usual, when traveling abroad.
Remember to carry a small amount of cash and a copy of your ID with you at all times. There is no need to bring large amounts of cash with you. When shopping, use your credit card instead. Keep your wallet in your front pocket so that there is no way someone's hand could get in there without your noticing it.
Travel with a friend, business partner if possible. It is always better to travel in pairs than to go alone. Know where you’re going. Look at the map before you leave the hotel so that you know where you are going and how to get there.
Lock your valuables (贵重物品) either in the safe in your hotel room or in the main hotel safe.
Be aware of your surroundings. Look around when walking, and avoid keeping your head low.
40. When shopping abroad, you are advised to _________.
A) use online services
B) use a credit card
C) pay by check
D) pay in cash
41. To keep your wallet safe, you’d better _________________.
A) hold it in your keep it in your hand
B) leave it in the hotel safe
C) put it in your front pocket
D) keep it in your shoulder bag
42. To know where you are going, you are advised to _____________.
A) ask the police for detailed information
B) look at the map before leaving the hotel
C) always travel with your business partner
D) have a smart phone with you while traveling
43. Where should you keep your valuables while staying in a hotel?
A) In the hotel safe.
B) In your pockets
C) In your traveling bag
D) In a bedside container.
44. Which of the following can be the title for the passage?
A) How to Ask Ways While Traveling
B) How to Shop in a Foreign Country
C) Protect Your Personal Information
D) Stay safe While Traveling Abroad
Directions:The following is a notice. After reading it, you will find 3 questions or unfinished sentences numbered 45 to 47. For each question or statements there are 4 choices marked A),B), C) and D). Youshould make the correct choice and mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
45. To apply for a position advertised, you should ____________.
make a phone call to the organization
45．To apply for a position advertised, you should ______________.
A) make a phone call to the organization B) visit the organization in person
C) send your resume online D) sign up for registration
46. When they are selected, the right person will be _________.
A) shown around the company B) provided with training
C) given a welcome party D) sent to work abroad.
47. Job candidates are advised to be dressed professionally as they are likely to ___________.
A) sign a job contract B) give a presentation
C) help the disabled people D) attend an interview on site
Directions: Read the following passage. After reading it, you should complete the information by filling in the blanks marked 48 to 52 (in no more than 3 words)in the table below. You should write your answers on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Chevron is one off the world’s leading energy companies. Our highly skilled global workforce consists of about 64,500 employees, including more than 3,200 service station employees.
In 2013, Chevron’s average net production was nearly 2.6 million oil-equivalent barrels(桶) per day. About 75% of that production occurred outside the United States. Chevron had a global production of 1.96 million barrels of oil per day at the end of 2013.
We care about the environment and are proud of the many ways in which our employees work to safeguard(保护) it. Our efforts to improve on our safe work environment continue to pay off. We recognize that the world needs all the energy we can develop, in every potential form.
Directions: The following is a list of column titles used on a company’s website. After reading it, you are required to find the items equivalent to those given in Chinese in the table below. Then you should mark the corresponding letter in order of the numbered blanks. 53 through 57 on the Answer Sheet.
A ------- Our Business
B ------- Our Customers
C ------- Customer Training
D -------- About Us
E -------- Career Development
F -------- Select Region
G -------- Contract Information
H -------- Site Map
I -------- Privacy Statement
K -------- Company History
L -------- Campus Recruiting
M -------- Career Guide
N --------News Conference
O -------- Social Media
P -------- Personal Investing
Q-------- Financial Reporting
Directions: Read the following letter. After reading it, you are required to complete the answers that follow the questions (No. 58 to No. 62). You should write your answers(in no more than 3 words) on the Answer Sheet correspondingly.
Please join me in welcoming Jim Johnson as our newest team member. Jim has become the General Manager since March 4. He will be in charge of a new project that can take our business to the national level.
Jim used to be the Vice President in ABC Company for the years. In that position, he looked for opportunities for improvement, made suggestions and helped make decisions.
There will be a staff lunch in the meeting room at 12:30 on March 6. Please come and introduce yourselves. Pizza and soft drinks will be provided. If you can’t attend, stop by Jim’s office any time next week. He will be in the new office on the second floor.
John Davis CEO
58. Who has joined the Company?
59. What was his position in ABC Company?
60. What will the staff members do at the lunch party?
They will meet the new General Manager and________________________ themselves.
61. If one can’t come to the lunch party, what might they do?
They might visit the General Manager at his office any time _______________.
62. Where is Jim Johnson’s new office?
It’s on ____________________________.
Part Ⅳ Translation（25 minutes）
Directions: This part, numbered 63 to 67, is to test your ability to translate English into Chinese. Each of the four sentences (No.63 to No.66) is followed by three choices of suggested
translation marked A, B, and C. Make the best choice and write the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center. And then write your translation of the paragraph (No.67) in the corresponding space on the Translation/Composition Sheet.
63. The VIP customers can take advantage of discounted room rates on a ―first-come,
64. As the world’s largest retailer, Walmart naturally wants to provide its consumers with a
wide range of products.
65. http://m.wendangku.net/doc/fe4766106fdb6f1aff00bed5b9f3f90f76c64d26.html offers easy-to-understand information to help you decide what car to buy and how much to pay.
66. According to a recent survey, there is demand for medical assistants in different areas of medicine.
67. As an international company, ABC Company has been in business for over 50 years. Finding
b within the company can lead you to new heights in your career, as there is room to be promoted to higher positions. These jobs can be the perfect fit for you if you are looking for
b within a growing company.
PartⅤWriting (25 minutes)
Directions: This part is to test your ability to do practical writing. You are required tocomplete a MEMO according to the following information given in Chinese. Remember to do your writing on the Translation/ Composition Sheet.
Words for reference:
Part Ⅰ Listening Comprehension
【解析】本题询问“一切最近怎么样？”A. 你迟到了。B. 愿效劳。C. 很好，谢谢。D. 请继续。只有C符合。
【解析】本题考查对一般疑问句的回答。一般疑问句用yes或no来回答，因此B. Yes, of course正确，符合题意。A. 请递给我。C.这边请。D. 别担心。
【解析】―先生，请您在这儿签名。‖A. 可以。B. 不客气。C. 我很好。D. 没关系。综上，正确答案为A。
【解析】询问是否经常出差。属于一般疑问句，yes-no回答。A. 给你。B. 感谢来访。C.太晚了。D.是的，每月一次。
【解析】put through to是打电话用语，表示“接通某人”。A. 没关系。B. 小心脚下。C. 当