1. New Year coming, I have many friends to _______ I am going to send post cards.
I will go to the countryside to see my grandparents, with ______ I will spend the whole summer vacation.
2. The person I want to talk about with you is Tu Youyou, the one ______ won the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 2015.
Those _____ are often late for class should be warned first. If they promise to be punctual next time, we should believe it.
Anyone _____ is quick-minded should also be careful with their handwriting, because beautiful handwriting can invisibly increase your scores.
【要点】定语从句关系代词that和who中，能和指“人”的不定代词（anyone, someone, those 等）连用的为______。
3. The school shop, _____customers are mainly students, is closed for the holidays.
I don’t want to put up for the night in this small inn, _______ windows are shabby and it’s too cold to live there.
4. I refuse to accept the blame for something ______ was someone else’s fault.
He is a social boy. Anything ______ happens surrounding him can easily distract his concentration. He really needs to calm down.
5. The first place _____ they visited in Guilin was Elephant Trunk Hill, and they think it fascinating.
The only part of the meal _____ I really liked was the dessert. I don’t like the soup, because it was too salty.
Shine once said jokingly, “He is the last man _____ I want to marry in the world”.
6. They will never forget the things and persons _____ they have seen or heard of during their long journey.
7. He is the only person to _______ I can turn for help when I am in trouble. I know he will come and help.
Mr. Anderson was absent from the meeting. Does anybody know the reason for _____ he didn’t attend the meeting?
8. There are some occasions _____ you need to wear suits to take part in some social activities, such as weddings and parties.
There are some times ______ I feel depressed, but in general I am an outgoing boy.
9. Such machines _____are used in our workshop are made in China. It is expensive to import machines abroad.
【要点】限定性定语从句中，中心词前面有“such, so, as, the same”修饰时，关系代词选择_____。
10. ____ we all know, he is a diligent student. He knows where he is and where he should go. He prepared well enough, and succeeded in passing the test, ______ we expected.
11. Opposite is St. Paul’s Church, _______ you can hear some lovely music.
This is the mountain village _______ I visited last year and it has changed beyond recognition.
12. I will never forget the day _______ my father returned from the US and I am happy that he can send me to school every morning. He will miss the days ____ he spent there.
13. He is an ill-mannered man and I don’t like the way _____ he speak to me.
My mother is very strict, and I admire her for the way ______ her parents treat her.
14. He has a lot of friends, none of _____ will offer help when he is in trouble. Rather, I have just two friends, and both of _____ will come to my assistance when necessary. Two is enough.
15. His head soon spread out of the window, from ______ he saw nothing but trees.
He spent 2 hours climbing to the top of the mountain, from ______ he could see a beautiful scene.
He began to practise the piano at 6, since ______ his talent for it has become more and more evident.
【要点】少数情景下，会出现“from where”“since when”的现象，建议单独记忆。
16. Tom is the only one of the engineers who ________ (be) able to come up with the solution.
Justin Bieber is one of the singers who _________(impress) me a lot.
1.Maybe you have a habit _______ is driving your family crazy.
2.Tibet is such a place _________ all the people across the world are dreaming of visiting.
3.Many young people, most of _______ were well-educated, headed for remote regions to chase their dreams.
4.The books on the desk, _______ covers are shiny, are prizes for us.
5.But my connection with pandas goes back to my days on a TV show in the mid-1980s, _______ I was the first Western TV reporter permitted to film a special unite caring for pandas rescued from starvation in the wild.
6.The next day, my brother and I went to the beach _______ we watched some people play volleyball.
7.When harvest came around, he was already selling herbs, vegetables and cotton in the market ______ people from the towns met regularly.
8.We will put off the picnic in the park until next week, _______ the weather may be better.
9.I am looking for my glasses, and without _______ I can’t watch TV clearly.
10.Scientists have advanced many theories about why human beings cry tears, but none of _____ has been proved.
11.The children, all of which had played the whole day long, were worn out.(改错)
1.那些学习成绩优秀的学生往往能很好地管理自己的时间，而且擅长写学习日志。（those who, academic performance, not only, but also, organize their time, keep a study journal）
___________________________________________________________________________ 2.既然金钱如此重要，我们往往认为有钱的人很重要。（since, consider, those who, possess, to be very important）
___________________________________________________________________________ 3.我深深的爱着我的校园，在这里到处可见和蔼的老师、友好的同学和多种多样的野生动植物。（fall in deep love with, where, diverse wildlife）
___________________________________________________________________________ IV. 定语从句和生活
Life in high school is busy. Everybody seems to have endless homework to finish. To get a good academic performance, it is strongly recommended that you should learn to organize your time well. Those that just finish the exercises without enough thinking seem to find it difficult to make great progress. Rather, you can definitely improve very fast if you use your time efficiently. Focus on the things are important and necessary and you can build more and more confidence.
1.Peter danced and sang all evening. People used to think Peter was quiet.
2.The two traffic accidents happened on the same morning. Then there was a heavy fog.
3.He went on a bus tour with a group of people. Most of them had never travelled before.
4.Sharon gave me a picture for my birthday. She had painted it especially for me.
5.When I went on a tour around China, I saw many historical sites. It was very exciting.
1. It’s true ______the college will take in more new students.
I’m writing to tell you ______my uncle Li Ming is going to your city for a conference. The end result is ______we feel like we can’t focus or that we’re focused on the wr ong things.
2.His question is______ they can be friends, because their personalities are totally different. He hasn’t made the decision ______ he will go there tomorrow because he is too busy recently.
3. It was never clear ______ the man hadn’t reported the accident sooner.
Just relax! The plane will definitely set off. But ______the delayed flight will take off depends on the weather.
Scientists study ______ human brains work to make computers. Therefore, they function similarly.
Grandma pointed to the hospital and said, “That’s______ I was born.”
4. It is necessary ______we should learn all the words by heart.
It is known to all______ Taiwan is only part of China.
It is a pity______ I missed the party held last night.
It suddenly occurred to me______ I knew how to solve that problem.
5. Our school is quite different from______it was before.
______matters most in learning English is enough practice.
This is______I am interested in.
6. I don’t know ______ to leave or not.
Everything depends on ______ it is fine tomorrow.
I am not sure______ he will come here .
7. It is still under discussion ______the old bus station should be replaced with a modern hotel or not.
______we will succeed is still a question, because our opponents are also strong.
8. I hate it ______we can’t discuss things openly.
I really appreciate it ______ you can do me this favor.
I don’t like it______ you get angry.
She won’t like it ______ you arrive late.
You may depend on it______ she will go with you.
9. We consider it possible ______he is ill because he has asked for two days’ leave.
I feel it a pity ______she can’t come. We could have gone for a picnic together.
He made it clear______ he objected to the plan and suggested that we should make some necessary adjustments.
【要点】一些及物动词如：think/ believe/ consider/ feel等引导宾语从句时，宾语可以后置，用____做形式宾语。
10. The reason ______he can be admitted into a key university is ______she works harder than others.
He does not like to rely on others to help him. That’s ______he can do it by himself.
【要点】“The reason why ... is”结构中后用_______而不用because。
11.It is already getting dark. I doubt ______he will come back on time.
He can arrange his time very well. I don’t doubt______ he can finish the task on time.
He is patient, persistent, and intelligent. I have no doubt______ he will succeed.
12. My advice is that you______(think) it over before you make a decision.
His suggestion is that we ______(do)our work more carefully.
His demand was that the system______.(adjust)
13.______he will come and help us is certain, as he is always such a reliable person.
He said______ the book was very interesting and that all the children liked to read it.
The way ______he told me is very practical.
【要点】that 在名词性从句中只起连接作用没有任何含义，而在定语从句中要充当句子成分，如：_______/_______/________ 等。
14. He is very difficult to get along with. He always thinks ______he says is right.
Hi, everybody. There will be a class get-together this weekend. ______comes will be welcomed.
It’s dinner time and restaurants are occupied. We’ll eat at ______ restaurant has a free table.
Trust me and I’ll stand by you ______happens.
【要点】whatever表示“不论什么都……”，相当于anything that，常用来引导______从句和_____从句，在从句中可用作主语、宾语或定语; whoever表示“不论谁都……”，相当于__________，常用来引导主语从句和宾语从句; whichever表示“不论哪个都……”；whatever, whoever, whichever除了用于引导名词性从句外，还可以引导状语从句，分别相当于____________,_____________,____________。
1. I can’t decide ____________ dictionary I should buy.
2. That’s ____________ he refused my invitation.
3. I am very interested in __________ he has improved his pronunciation in such a short time.
4. ____________ we need is more time.
5. The fact ____________ she had not said anything at the meeting surprised everybody.
6. ____________ and ____________ they will meet has not been decided yet.
7. Please tell me ____________ you are waiting for.
8. Is that ____________ you are looking for?
9. Would you please tell me ____________ the nearest post office is?
10. I don’t know ____________ he will agree to the plan or not.
11. The question is ___________ the film is worth seeing.
12. Do you doubt ________ I believe you ?
13. This museum is not _______ it was ten years ago.
14. The reason for his success is ________ he works hard.
15. She dresses well, but the trouble is ______ the clothes she is wearing don’t go with each other very well.
16. The suggestion ______ students should learn some practical knowledge is worth considering.
17. It depends on _______ we have enough time.
18. You have no idea _________ anxious I have been for her safety.
19. Now we can see __________ a serious problem the population is.
20. I want to buy some stamps. Can you tell me _______ there’s a post office near here?
21. There’s some doubt _________ she will be able to repay the money on time.
22. My radio doesn’t work. I don’t know ________ is the trouble.
23. _______ he doesn’t like them is very clear.
24. Choosing the right dictionary depends on _______ you want use it for.
25. The fire destroyed ________ was in the building.
___________________________________________________________________________ IV. 名词性从句和生活
I don’t know 1._______you have noticed that some students don’t want to walk to school.
2._______can be seen every day that their parents drive them to school. But nowadays, what we should realize is
3._______ the air is seriously polluted. Do you know
4._______we can do about it? I think
5._______important that we should take action right now. Here I have a suggestion that we
6. _______ (ride) on our bikes to school!
7._______we can do it will not only have significant benefits for our health, but also help improve our environment. Whether we will have a better environment depends on
8._______we can do for ourselves and for nature.
1.The earth is one of the sun’s planets, _____ the moon is our satellite.
Tomorrow is Sunday. You can have a rest at home ______ you can go to the cinema.
He found it increasingly difficult to read, ________ his eyesight was beginning to fail.
2.—I wonder how much you charge for your services.—
—The first two are free _______ the third costs $30.
The number of people invited was fifty, ________ a number of them were absent for different reasons.
3. One Friday, we were packing to leave for a weekend away _______ my daughter heard cries for help.
We were about to start _______ it began to rain.
He was on the point of leaving _______ someone knocked at the door.
she had just finished her homework _______ her mother asked her to practice playing the piano yesterday.
4. Please don’t talk so loud _________ others are working.
__________ I was walking down the street, I came across an old friend of mine.
_________ I lived there,I used to go to the seashore on Sundays.
_______ time goes on, it’s getting warmer and warmer.
【要点】when, while, as三者区别：三者引导时间状语从句时，只能和进行时态连用的是________; 既可以和进行时，又可以和过去时连用的是________; 可以翻译成“随着......”的是_________。
5. Find ways to practise your children often, _________ you’ll find they will open their hearts to you.
Hurry up, _________ you’ll be late for school.
One more hour and I ________(be) able to get my housework finished.
Work hard at English in a proper way, __________ you will find it not hard to study.
【要点】本句型为：祈使句+适当连词（and, but, or, otherwise）+陈述句。其中陈述句常用________时态。
6. Hot ____________ the night air was, we slept deeply because we were so tired after the long journey.
Child ________ he is, he knows to help other.
Much ______ I like Paris, I couldn’t live there.
7.____________ regular exercise is very important, it’s never a good idea to exercise too close to bedtime.
_______ my mother loves me very much, she is very strict with me.
8. No matter _______ busy you are, you should set aside half an hour to take exercise.
=___________ busy you are, you should set aside half an hour to take exercise.
No matter _________ happened, he would not mind it.
=____________ happened, he would not mind it.
No matter who you are, you must keep the law.
=___________ you are, you must keep the law.
【要点】在以上例句中，no matter +疑问词/-ever类词均引导_________状语从句。
9.Just make yourself at home and eat ____________ you like.
___________ is on duty today should clean the blackboard.
We will eat in a restaurant this weekend. And I make an agreement that ___________arrives last will pay the bill.
10. We had sailed four days and four nights ______ we saw land.
Jason was too weak. We hadn’t run a mile _______ he felt tired.
It will be half a year ________ I come back, during which time you have to take good care of yourself.
I have to say good bye now, but I believe that it won’t be long before we meet again.
11. I _________(write) home four times since I came here.
She __________(work) in this factory since she left school.
It ________(be) one year since I began to smoke.
It ________(be) one year since I smoked.
12. I had hardly got home ________ it began to rain.
_________ had I got home when it began to rain.
We had no sooner arrived at the station _______ the train left.
No _______ had we arrived at the station than the train left.
要点：表示“一…就…”的常见搭配有：...no sooner...________...和...hardly/scarcely...______。结构中主句的谓语动词应用__________时态，而than与when引导的从句的谓语动词应用___________时态。当no sooner和hardly/scarcely提到句首时，其所在的主句应用________语序。
13. Every/Each time when I was in trouble, he would come to help me out.(改错)
Next time when you come, do remember to bring your son here.(改错)
The last time when she saw James, he was lying in bed.(改错)
【要点】Every time, each time, next time, the last time, any time等名词短语可以“充当”连词，引导时间状语从句。请记住，一个从句用______个引导词即可！
14. I’ll speak slowly so ______ you can unde rstand me.
In order _______ we might see the sunrise, we started for the peak early.
【要点】in order that, so that意为“以便…；为了…”引导________状语从句。
15. I graduated from Cambridge University _______ I was 22 years old.
I graduated from Cambridge University last summer, ______ I was 22 years old.
China is now at a stage of accelerated industrialization and urbanization ______ the contradiction between economic growth and environmental protection is particularly
16. _________ there is a will, there is a way.
There is never peace where men are _________(greed).
【要点】where还可以引导条件状语从句,其语法功能相当于连词短语on condition that, as long as等。
17. We will have a picnic in the park this Sunday ______ it rains or it’s very cold.
You’ll fail the exam ________ you study hard(=if you don’t study hard).
18. The boy hid himself behind the tree for fear _______ his father might see him.
Mary didn’t want to get out of bed for fear _______ she might wake her baby up.
【要点】for fear _______表示担心某事会发生。
19. It’s cloudy outside. Take your raincoat in case it ________(rain).(=it should rain).
It was cloudy outside. He took an umbrella in case of _________(rain).
20. We turned up the radio, so that everyone _______(hear) the news.
He _______(work) hard at his lessons, so that he gained high grades in the exams.
He worked hard at his lessons so ______ he could gain high grades in the exams.
【要点】so that既可以引导______状语从句,又可以引导________状语从句,引导目的状语从句中常会有情态动词can, could, may, might, will, would等,而引导结果状语从句中一般没有情态动词,且前面有逗号隔开。
21. Mike is _______ an honest worker that we all believe in him.
=Mike is _______ honest a worker that we all believe in him.
He earned so few money that he couldn’t support his family. (改错)
________ clever a student was he that he was able to work out all the difficult questions. 【要点】such...that../so...that...区别：so+形容词/副词；such+名词结构。此时，恰当断句很重要。
22. The old man asked Lucy to move to another chair ______ he wanted to sit next to his wife.
________ everyone is here, let’s begin our meeting.
______ he didn’t know much English, he looked up the word in t he dictionary.
—Why didn’t you answer my phone just now?
—________ I was cooking in the kitchen and it was too noisy.
23. The plan has been made. You just do ______ you are told to.
Take a rest now and leave the table ______ it is. I will do the cleaning later.
24. Jack wasn’t saying anything but the teacher smiled at him as if he ______(do) something very clever.
The old lady treats the boy as if he ______(be) her own son.
I feel uneasy and I feel as if I have a fever.
【要点】As if/as though引导方式状语从句，一般用______语气，但如果从句中所陈述的情况很可能实现，也可用________语气。
30. He doesn’t run ____ fast as Jack(does).
Your pen writes ______ smoothly as mine.
【要点】as…as; not so/as…as表示同程度级的比较。
1. Count, but never stop_______ you find the tenth.
2. There are several reasons for sleep. We sleep ________ we need to dream.
3. ________ there are no conclusive evidence, most people thought he was guilty.
4. More and more people are willing to shop online to get what they want, and I am one of them. I just can’t help buying things _______ I need them or not.
5. __________ we are satisfied with only a few rules we have memorized, we are not really learning the language.
6. ________ he has decided to come to see you, when do you think he will come?
7. Allow children space to voice their opinions even ______they are different from yours.
8. Mother often reminds me that the best thing one can do _______ it is raining is to let it rain.
9. Actually, the London Olympic park is built ________ there used to be a poor are called East London.
10. Any measure of an ad’s performance is entirely pointless _______it could be viewed by a person.
1. I hope you’ll soon feel calm or carry on to achieve your goal.
2. Not only did we take a break from our heavy school work, and also we learned how to
3. communicate with each other.
4. When I was on the platform, and I was so nervous that much sweat was on my forehead.
5. Success, to a great extent, can be influenced by luck, and this is not to say luck is an accident.
6. One Monday afternoon, we were playing basketball in the playground while I suddenly slipped and fell over.
7. When we got there, the firefighters welcomed us but led us into an exhibition hall.
8. I have an American friend, Marianne, she lives alone but has a pet dog, sparky.
9. Though you’re interested in it, you can buy it via the Internet.
My classmate Michael studied very hard 1. ________ he went to senior school. Every day he worked 2. _______everyone else in my class left the classroom. He said he wouldn’t stop trying 3. ________he got satisfying scores in his studies. Hard 4.________ he tried, he made little progress. But he didn’t lose heart at all 5.______ he believed as long as he persisted he would succeed one day. 6. ________time went by, he made improvements in his studies and he was admitted to a university, 7. ________ we had very good time. When we s tood 8._______ we used to play and study, we couldn’t help thinking of our happy old days. We believed we would never forget each other, 9._________ we would go or whatever we would do.
1. I don’t think Shijiazhuang is a very comf ortable place to live in. It ______ be very hot here in summer.
It is forbidden to drink before driving, because accidents _______ happen to any drunken driver.
The World Wide Web is sometimes jokingly called the World Wide Wait because it ______ be very slow.
2. He ______ be our manager. He has gone to Beijing.
The news ______ be true. The authorities have denied the rumor.
3. —I don’t really like James. Why did you invite him?
—Don’t worry. He __________not come. He said he wasn’t certain what his plans were. Someone _________ have used my umbrella yesterday. I found it wet.
We __________ go to the cinema tonight, but we are not sure yet.
4. If you _____ go, at least wait until the storm is over.
—_______ you make so much noise, Jimmy? Your little sister is still sleeping.
—Sorry, mom. I’ll try not to.
5. That car is my property; you ________ use it without my permission.
You _____ park your car here. It is a blind track.
6. If you work hard, you _______ have a long holiday.
You _______ fail if you don’t work hard.
You _______ not leave your post.
You _______ be punished for what you have done.
According to the school rules, boys ________ not wear long hair.
7. I am sorry that he ________ be so impolite.
We ______ be strict with ourselves. In that way, we can make greater progress.
8. You ______ have washed all those clothes! We have a washing machine to do that sort of thing.
Plants _______ light in order to live.
There is a growing _______ for new housing in many rural areas.
【要点】need既可做实义动词（+ to do）用,又可做情态动词（+ do,多用于否定句疑问句条件句中）用。当然还可以做名词，表示需求、需要。
9. How dare he ________ (take) my bicycle without even asking!
Most people hate Harry but they don’t dare ________ (say) so.
10. He ought ______ be here on time---he started early enough.
You ought not ________ (be) late for such an important meeting.
11. We should ____________ (study) last night, but we went to the concert instead .
I was really anxious about you. You shouldn’t ____________ (leave) home without a word. It was not his fault. You oughtn’t to ____________ (blame) him yesterday.
【要点】表示对过去情况的推测时，要用情态动词+have done的形式，should have done=ought to have done表示“______________________”，否定为shouldn’t have done=oughtn’t to have done。其他情态动词+have done的形式建议自行总结。
12. It is necessary that everybody _______ take water with them, because it is a long march. It is suggested that children not _________ (leave) alone at home.
It is a pity that he ________ (miss) such a gold chance.
【要点】It is desired/ suggested/ requested/ proposed/ ordered/.../necessary/ important/ natural/ strange/ essential/.../ a pity/ a shame/...+ that从句，从句中的谓语动词用_____+______, _____可以省略。
13. If I _________(see) him then, I would have been very happy.
If I had had time yesterday, I would __________ (go) with you.
If I _______ you , I shouldn’t quarrel with him.
If I had time now, I would __________ (go) with you.
If I ________(see) him tomorrow, I would be very happy.
If I had time tomorrow, I would __________ (go) with you.
If you ____________(ask) him yesterday, you would know what to do now.
If I _________(follow) his advice then, I wouldn’t be in trouble now.
如果主句与从句的动作发生在不同的时间, 这时主从句谓语动词的虚拟语气形式因时间不同而不同, 这叫做混合虚拟条件句。
14. If I had seen him then, I would have been very happy.=_______ I seen him then, I would have been very happy.
If I should have time, I would go with you.=______ I have time, I would go with you.
If I were to have time tomorrow, I would go with you.=_______(be) I to have time tomorrow, I would go with you.
【要点】在if虚拟条件句中如果出现were, had, should可省去if，将主语与这些词倒装。
15. ________ your help yesterday, I couldn’t have done it well.
________ you, I would never know him.
But ______ your cooperat ion, we wouldn’t have done the work so well.
But ______ the leadership of the Party, we could not be living a happy life today.
I am busy now, _________ I would do you the favor!
I was busy with my report in the company yesterday, _______ I would not have left you alone at home.
【要点】without, but for, otherwise引起的短语或句子常暗含着含蓄条件，称之为暗含虚拟。可将相应表达转化成if条件句的表达，判断后面陈述与何时事实相反，做相应的虚拟变化。
16. I wish I _________(be) a bird.
I wish I _________(visit) the white House when I was in the states.
I wish I _________(meet)you tomorrow at the party.
【要点】wish后的宾语从句：与现在事实不一致，主语＋过去时；与过去事实不一致，主语＋had＋过去分词；未来不大可能实现的愿望，主语＋would/could/might＋原形。17. His look suggests that something bad_______________ (happen) to him.
He suggested that we ____________ (take) some extra money in case of emergency.
18. The driver insisted that he ________ (drive) beyond the speed limit, and he insisted that he _______________ ( set) free.
19. I would rather he ________ (visit) us tomorrow.
I would rather he ________ (visit) us today.
I would rather he ________ (visit) us yesterday.
20. If only he could come tomorrow!
If only I ________(know) the answer before the exam yesterday!
If only I _______ (have) a cold drink with me now.
【要点】if only “要是......就好了”后接从句的虚拟变化同wish宾语从句的虚拟.
21. It’s time that you ________(go) to school.
It’s high time we ________(take) action now.
1.We often hear that children wish they ________(be) grown-ups, and that old people wish to be young.
2.She would be much healthier now ________ she not burdened herself with that much pressure from work when young.
3.The old lady insisted that the young man __________(steal) her wallet and that he shouldn’t be sent to the police station.
4.It is required by law that a driving test ________(take) before a man gets a license.
5.The nationwide smog serves as a constant reminder, including that it’s hig h time we
________ (reflect) on ourselves.
6.Liza _______ well not want to go on the trip--- she hates traveling.
7.If I _________(catch) the morning train, he would not have been late for the meeting.
8.—Where are the children? The dinner is going to be completely ruined.
—I wish they ________(be) not always late.
9.We would rather our daughter ________ (stay) at home with us, but it is her choice, and she is not a child any longer.
10.The look in his eyes suggested that he _________(be) angry.
___________________________________________________________________________ 2.要是我当初听从老师的建议就好了。（if only）
___________________________________________________________________________ IV. 单句改错
1. I think I would have enjoy the movie we went to last night even more if I had read the book before seeing it.
2. If only I have read the books on reading list before I attended the lecture.
3. If I was you, I would run faster.
4. If she worked hard enough, she would have passed the English exam.
5. I knew nothing about the film. If I knew about it, I will tell you.
6. If it were not rain tomorrow, they might go to the Great Wall.
7. If you asked him yesterday, you would know what to do now.
8. If it were not for the fact that she couldn’t sing, I would invite her to the party.
9. She was very busy yesterday, otherwise she would come to the meeting.
10. How I wish I can pay a visit to Beijing.
11. She insists that they must give her a receipt.
12. I would rather you pay me now.
13. It’s high time that we go to bed.
14. When a pencil is partly in a glass of water, it looks as if it is broken.
1. The water in the lake is unfit to ____________(drink).
The room is expensive to _____________(居住)。
I find him difficult __________________(相处).
2. She isn’t old enough __________ (walk) to school by herself.
The hall is too small ___________ (hold) all the guest.
3. He hurried to the station, ________ (find) the train had left.
He lifted a stone only __________ (have) it dropped on his own feet.
We waited three hours only______________ (tell) to come again the next day.
4. __________________ (finish) my homework, I went to bed early.
_________________ (read) carefully the document, he signed it.
__________________ (keep) in the fridge for two hours, the food has gone bad.
5. The trainer appeared, _______________ (follow) by six little dogs.
When __________ (ask) what had happened, he lowered his head.
_____________ (frighten) by the tiger, the girl didn't dare to sleep alone.
6.________________ (absorb) in his work, he neglected food and sleep.
________________ (absorb) himself in a book, he didn’t hear her call.
【要点】表示“专注于。。。”两个搭配：absorb oneself in…=be absorbed in….;因此，其作状语时也会出现两种形式：_________(absorb) oneself in…,主句。___________(absorb) in …,主句。
7. His wife died, _______________ (leave) him three children.
A strong earthquake happened in the city last week, ___________ (kill) many people.
【要点】doing和to do都能表示结果状语。其中，________表示“自然出现”的结果。8. ______________ (consider) he’s only been learning English a year, he speaks it very well. ______________ (judge) from her looks, she seemed to be tired.
9._____________ (tell) the truth, I don't agree to your plan.
_______________ (begin) with, I'll make a plan for my study.
【要点】动词不定式可以做插入语，如______(tell) the truth, ____(begin) with, ____(conclude)等。
10. _____________ (give) the present conditions, I think she's done rather well.
_____________ (compare) with Tom, John is a hard worker.
11. He walked into the room silently to avoid waking up the__________ (sleep) baby . There are 3000 students ___________ (study) in this school now.
The flowers _______（smell）sweet in the botanic garden attract the visitors to the beauty of
12. Our class went on an _______________ (organize) trip last Monday.
The meeting _____________________ (hold) yesterday was very important.
Subway Line 4，(put) into use in September 2009，has made traveling in Beijing easier．
13. The meeting _______________ (hold) now is of great importance.
The house ____________________ (repair) now is our library.
【要点】done 和being done 做后置定语：其中_______做后置定语时，表示动作“已经被完成”；其中__________做后置定语时，表示动作“正在被进行”。
14. He has a nice pen to ___________ (用来写).
The next train _____________ (arrive) was from New York.
【要点】doing, done, to do都能定语：__________做定语表示“动作即将发生”。注意所给动词是不及物动词时，要补上适当______。
15. The meeting _______________ (hold) tomorrow is important.
The airport ______________ (complete) next year will help promote tourism in this area.
His first book ____________________ (publish) next month is based on a true story. 【要点】to do 和to be done 做后置定语的区别：________表示“某动作即将被做”, 即含有被动意义。
16. I suggest _________________ (bring) the meeting to an end.
I can't imagine my ________________ (marry) a girl of that sort.
Tom does not mind _____________________ (visit) even if he is studying.
【要点】几个常用doing做宾语的动词。其中，doing, being done都可以做宾语，需要按照逻辑关系进行选择。
17. He admitted _______________ (take) the money but promised never to do it again.
You should practice ________________ (play) the piano regularly.
He advised __________________ (read) the letter carefully before answering it.
18. They were unwilling to risk _____________________ (bomb) their own troops.
Why do you keep ___________________ (look) at me like this?
Nonsmokers should avoid ____________________ (be) in smoke-filled rooms
19. The boy narrowly escaped _______________ (run) over by the car.
We are considering _______________ (build) a library here.
Do you think you can finish ________________ (read) the novel within the week?
12.I don't know the professor ___________ (speak) at the meeting tomorrow.
13.He told us about his trip in an ___________ (excite) voice.
14.____________ (consider) his age, the little boy reads quite well.
4. The club, ________ (found) 25 years ago, is holding a party for past and present members.
5.The Town Hall ______________ (complete) in the 1800’s was the most distinguished
building at that time.
6.Peter received a letter just now _________ (say) his grandma would come to see him soon.
7.____________ (judge) from the appearance, it is very peaceful, but in fact, a war will break out soon.
8. The flowers his friend gave him will die unless ___________ (water) every day.
9.He hurried to the booking office only______________ (tell) that all the tickets had been sold out.
10.Children, when ________ (accompany）by their parents, are allowed to enter the stadium.
11.___________ (absorb) in painting, John didn’t notice evening approaching.
12.___________ (find) the course very difficult, she decided to move to a lower level.
13.(found) in the early 20th century, the school keeps on inspiring children’s love of art.
http://m.wendangku.net/doc/15908d33bb1aa8114431b90d6c85ec3a87c28bd4.htmlura was away in Paris for over a week. When she got home, there was a pile of
mail_______ (wait) for her.
15.The airport ____________ (complete ) next year will help promote tourism in this area.
16.This machine is very easy (operate). Anybody can learn to use it in a
17.He got up late and hurried to his office, ____________ (leave) the breakfast untouched.
18.All the staff in our company are considering __________ (go) to the city centre for the fashion show.
19.More highways have been built in China, (make) it much easier for people
to travel from one place to another.
1.石家庄是一个大城市，位于河北省中部。（the middle of , located in, Hebei Province, big city）
___________________________________________________________________________ 2.我们都被老师的话所感动，决心更加努力学习。（determined, touched, teacher’s words, work harder）
___________________________________________________________________________ 3.考虑到你的处境，我给你提出以下建议。（as follows, give you some advice; considering your situation,）
___________________________________________________________________________ 4.你们在11月12日报纸上为一岗位做广告招聘，我在此写信申请。（position, apply for, advertised in the newspaper of November 12, am writing to, ）
___________________________________________________________________________ IV. 非谓语动词和生活
1. Shake her head, she said, “It isn’t a good time to do that, dear.”
2. Don’t burn the falling leaves on the ground.
3. Though warning of the danger, they still went walking.
4. Give more time, the slow learners would have done better.
5. One can’t avoid to make mistakes.
6. I sat before the desk until after mid-night, absorb in writing
7. Last night, there were millions of people watched the opening ceremony live on TV.
8. It rained heavily in the south, caused serious flooding in several provinces.
9. On receiving a phone call from his wife said she had a fall, Mr. Gorden immediately rushed home from his office.
10. I like getting up very early in summer. The morning air is so good to be breathed.
1.Shijiazhuang is a big city, located in the middle of Hebei Province
2.Touched by the teacher’s words, we are determined to work harder.
3.Conside ring your situation, I’ll give you some advice as follows.
4.I’m writing to apply for the position advertised in the newspaper of November 12.
1. Because of being late, I missed_______________(take) the flight.
He insisted on ______________(walk) me to the station to see me off.
【要点】错过做某事：miss_____________ sth. ; 坚持做某事：insist on ___________sth.
2. It’s time I got down to ____________________(think) about my future.
We objected to ______________________(leave) him alone.
I’m looking forward to _______________(see) you again.
【要点】get down to/ object to /look forward to _______________(do)sth;
3. I wish _________________(find) some pen friends for my students.
I hope __________________(do) more for my parents and society in the future.
He decided __________________(become) a writer at fourteen.
4. She refused _________________(accept) my apology.
The college principal promised _______________(look) into the matter.
When his mother came in, he pretended ___________________(do) his homework.
We managed _______________(get) to the airport in time.
假装要做某事：pretend _____________sth.; 假装正在做某事：pretend____________sth. 假装做过某事：pretend_______________sth.
5. Jenny and I plan _________________(travel) abroad this summer holiday.
It’s important to find out why you faile d ________________(achieve) your goal.
6. Would you like _______________(talk) with me?
I feel like _________________(go) out for a picnic.
【要点】would like_______________sth.; feel like______________sth.
7. I remember ________________(meet) her at a party once.
Remember _________________(turn) off the light before you leave.
He didn’t regret _____(say) what he did but felt that he could have expressed it differently.
I regret _____________(tell) that you didn’t pass the examination.
I shall never forget ____________(watch) the sunrise over the sea---it was unforgettable. He is very busy and often forgets _________________(think) about his diets and exercise. Having a well-paid job doesn’t mean _________________(give) up your interests.
I have been meaning ______________(ask) you if you want to come for a meal next week. 【要点】记得/忘记去做某事remember/forget___________sth.; 记得/忘记做过某事：remember/forget ____________sth.; 遗憾地（说/告诉…）（事情还没做）regret ___________ say/tell….; 后悔做过某事：regret____________ sth.; 打算做某事：mean _____________sth.; 意味着做某事：mean_____________sth.
8. No matter how bad the weather is, he never stops________________(run).
Uncertain about how to fix them, he stopped ________________(think) carefully.
That’s all for reading. Let’s go on _________________(write).
In spite of the rain, they went on __________________(play) tennis.
Bob tried hard ________________(learn)cooking, but the meals he prepared were terrible. John isn’t here. Try ______________(phone) his home number.