一、单选题（共 40 道试题，共 80 分。）
1. Who will know how to（） the system?
2. It was unfortunate(不幸的) that my car （） on my way to the company．
A. broke down
B. broke in
C. broke out
D. broke up
3. —I never have meals in those dirty restaurants.—（）.
A. So do I.
B. So have I.
C. Nor do I.
D. Nor have I.
4. I hope you won’t be late for our date （）.
A. ahead of time
B. in time
C. in future
D. on time
5. How many （） are there in the picture?
6. The mother was filled with （）about her son’s health.
7. On formal （）, people pay more attention to manners.
8. It will only take me a minute to get your shoes repaired; it will be ready（）.
A. right away
B. by the way
C. at last
D. in that case
9. We saw a lot of （） in the fields eating grass.
A. cow and sheep
B. cows and sheep
C. cow and sheeps
D. cows and sheeps
10. It will be very （） for us to make an appointment with our friends by phone.
11. The proof （） he killed the driver while robbing the taxi was obtained by two passers-by.
12. Can you （） an insect having eight eyes and still having poor eyesight?
13. This mountain scenery is ( ) of Sichuan province.
14. I have a ( ) idea of what I want to express.
15. There is only （） ice in （） glass.
16. The children prefer camping in the mountains （） an indoor activity.
17. Seldom （） to the library during his college days.
A. he went
B. did he go
C. does he go
D. he goes
18. The children were excited （） opening their presents.
19. How many students have （） for English classes?
20. The workers’ salaries （） next month.
A. will raise
B. will be rising
C. will be raised
D. will be rised
21. Please practice （） English as much as you can.
D. to speak
22. Mr. Smith is too busy to ( ) any time except for Sunday afternoon.
23. If it snows tomorrow, we （） able to throw snowballs．
B. can be
C. will be
24. Many students were seen （） in the last exam.
A. being cheating
B. to cheat
25. My daughter likes to describe(描述) her（） dreams to me.
26. I find （） impossible for me to afford a new house at present.
27. You can achieve(实现) total （） by using heavy breathing.
28. They are ( ) to get seats for the concert even if it means standing in a queue(排队) all
29. It is expected that credit cards will eventually ( ) paper money in the future.
30. His grandson （） the company after Mr. Smith died.
A. took down
B. took over
C. took out
D. took in
31. We must work out more （） ways to solve the problem.
32. You’ll soon get used to （） in the country.
C. to live
33. The job is too （）for me to do.
34. ---May I take this book out? ---No, you （）.
B. may not
35. I do not know much about （） history of （） Japan.
36. That country claimed that its nuclear （） were safe.
37. Kate, （） your homework here tomorrow.
C. to bring
38. We should follow an （） life style now that we are both out of work.
39. The singing group （） gathered round the piano to hear the teacher play.
40. For the use of these tools, please make （） to the handbook.
二、阅读理解（共 1 道试题，共 20 分。）
Directions：There are five questions in this passage. You are required to complete each question by choosing the appropriate answer from the 4 choices marked A), B), C) and
Mrs Jones’s telephone number was 3463, and the number of the cinema in her town was 3464, so people often made a mistake when they wanted the cinema.
One evening the telephone bell rang and Mrs Jones answered it. A tired man said, “At what
time does your last film begin?”
“ I’m sorry,” said Mrs Jones, “but you have the wrong number. This is not the cinema.”
“Oh, it began twenty minutes ago,” said the man. “I’m sorry about that. Goodbye.”
Mrs Jones was very surprised, so she told her husband. Mr Jones laughed and said, “The
man’s wife wanted to go to the cinema, but he was feeling tired, so he telephoned the cinema.
His wife heard him, but she didn’t hear you. Now they will stay at home this evening, and the husband will be happy.”
1). Why do people often telephone Mrs Jones when they want the cinema?
Because she lives next door to the cinema.
Because she knows the cinema program very well.
Because her telephone number is similar to that of the cinema.
Because the telephone company’s computer goes wrong from time to time.
2). Why was Mrs Jones so surprised at a phone call one evening?
Because the call was from a stranger.
Because the man on the phone knew her name.
Because the man on the phone asked a question and then answered it himself.
Because the man on the phone invited her to the cinema.
3). According to Mr Jones, why didn’t the man on the phone want to go to the cinema?
Because he had seen the film before.
Because he was feeling very tired that evening.
Because the film wasn’t worth seeing.
Because the film had started already.
4). What do you think the man’s wife wanted to do that evening?
To stay home with her husband.
To find out when the last film started.
To go to the cinema with her husband.
To eat out with her husband and then go to the cinema.
5). What can you conclude from the story?
The man on the phone was not interested in films.
The man on the phone was rather clever.
The man’s wife was fond of films.
The telephone companies are inefficient sometimes.
单选1-5 DACCB 6-10 BDABA 11-15 AABBB 16-20 ABBBC 21-25 BACBD 26-30 CCDAB 31-35 CBAAA 36-40 BABAA