文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 新编大学英语1课后翻译

新编大学英语1课后翻译

新编大学英语1课后翻译
新编大学英语1课后翻译

1.我累了,昨晚我不该那么晚睡觉。

I'm tired. I should not have gone to bed so late last night.

2.我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔一起出去喝一杯。

I don't/didn't know Bob very well, but we go/went out for an occasional drink together.

3.我们应该到火车站接她。

We are supposed to meet her at the train station.

4.你可以清楚地看到有人快要淹死了,而你却没有采取行动救他们。

You could clearly see people drowning, but/and yet you took no action to save them.

5.包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天的时间可以用来买圣诞礼物。

Including weekends, there are only twelve more days to buy Christmas presents.

6.如果不立即采取行动,许多野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡。

Without immediate action, many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger.

7.除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作。

You won't get the job unless you have got the experience.

8.我把大部分的时间花在研究中美文化差异上了。

Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American cultures.

9.这句话的意思极清楚,绝不会引起误解。

The statement/sentence is so clear that it can't cause any misunderstanding.

10.他希望能够给予她比现在更多的帮助。

He wishes he could give her more help than what he does now .

11.穿上外套,否则你会感冒的。

Put on your coat,or you will catch a cold .

12.他的收藏品增加了一张毕加索的画。

She has added a picture of Picasso to her collection.

13.我没意识到以前曾来过这儿。

I am not aware of ever having been here before.

14.如果你继续对每个人这么粗鲁,你很快会发现自己什么朋友都没有了

You will soon find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everybody.

15.房间里热极了,请把窗户打开。

It’s far too hot in the room, open the window, please!

16.半夜里那嘈杂声把我们弄醒了。

The noise woke us up in the middle of the night.

17.他不应该对我说的话表示生气,那仅仅是个玩笑而已。

He should have been angry at what I said. It was nothing more than a joke.

18.我们邀请了所有朋友去野餐,但是由于下雨只来了其中的5位。

We invited all our friends to the picnic but it rained and only five of them showed up. 19.她视婚姻为严肃的事。

She views marriage as a serious matter.

20.令我失望的是,这部电影并不像我期望的那么好。

To my disappointment,the movie didn’t live up to my expectations.

21.我过去常去看电影,但现在再也没有时间了。

I used to go to the cinema/movies a lot,but I never have the time now.

22.两个工人互相合作修理破裂的管子。

The two workers cooperated with each other to fix the broken pipe.

23.这是一种残忍的做法,应该马上停止。

This is a cruel practice which should be stopped immediately.

24.你的工作哪方面最困难,哪方面最有益?

What aspect of your job/work is(the)most difficult,and what aspect is(the)most rewarding?

25.有些人认为他很粗鲁,但情况并非如此。

Some people think he is rude,but that’s not the case.

26.我会尽我所能帮忙,但我所能做的也有限。

I’ll help as much as I can,but there is a limit to what I can do.

27.她的努力工作使她得到了一大笔奖金。

Her hard work resulted in a big bonus for her.

28.孩子们正在观看飞机起飞和着陆。

Children were watching the planes take off and load.

29.我总是一上船就晕船。

As soon as I’m on board a ship I always feel sick.

30.博物馆向公众开放的第一天,总共有20000人前来参观。

A total of 20000 people visited the museum on the first day when it was open to the

public.

31.委员会由科学家和工程师组成。

The committee consists of scientists and engineers.

32.工作还没有完成,我不回家。

I wouldn’t dare to go home with the job unfinished.

33.我们正在考虑卖房子

We are considering selling the house.

34.我建议他先等一会儿,然后再做决定。

I suggest he wait a while before he makes an decisions.

35.明天约翰很可能会来参加聚会。

John is very likely to come to the party tomorrow.

36.我们想知道她不接受这份工作的原因。

We’d like to know the reason why she didn’t accept the job.

37.你本来不应该再回到那幢还在燃烧的大楼,你有可能会被严重烧伤的。

You shouldn’t have gone back t the burning building, you might have been badly/seriously burnt.

38.我从来没有想过会有问题。

It/The thought had never crossed my mind that there might be a problem.

新编大学英语1翻译答案

一、 1、当我知道详细情况时,我意识到我不该在办公室发脾气。 When I knew the details ,I realized that I shouldn’t have lost the temper at the office. 2、我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔出去喝一杯。 I don’t know Bob very well ,but we go out for a drink occasionally. 3、会议应该在周二召开,但我们不得不推迟。 The meeting is supposed to be held on Tuesday, but we have to put it off. 4、我国政府采取行动使那个国家的所以中国人回到了祖国。 Our government took action to get all the Chinese back to homeland in that country. 5、包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天时间可以用来买圣诞礼物。 Including the weekend ,there is only 12days to buy Charismas presents. 6、如不立即采取行动,许多野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡。 Without taking action immediately ,many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger. 三、 1、除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作。 You won’t got this job unless you have got the experience. 2、我把大部分时间都花在研究中美文化差异上了。 Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American culture. 3、这句话意思很清楚,绝不会引起误会。 This sentence is so clear that it can’t cause any misunderstanding. 4、他希望能给予她比现在更多的帮助。 He hopes he could give her more help than he does. 5、要记得邀请她来参加生日晚会,不然她会抱怨的。 Remember to invite her to the birthday party ,or she would complain. 6、主任说,你必须把购置设备的2500美元加到成本中去。 The Director said ,you have to add 2500 dollars for equipment purchase to the cost. 7、了解自己的长处、弱点以及所处的环境很重要。 It’s important to be aware of your strengths, weaknesses and the environment you are in. 8、如果你继续对大家这么粗鲁,不久你就会发现自己什么朋友都没有了。 You will find yourself without any friends at all if you keep on being so rude to everyone. 四、 1、做出贡献的人太多了,无法一一提及。 The individuals who have contributed are far too many to mention. 2、半夜里,嘈杂声把我们吵醒了。 The noise woke us up in the middle of the night. 3、他不应该对我说的话感到生气,那仅仅是个玩笑而已。 He shouldn’t have been angry at what I said, it was nothing more than a joke. 4、我们邀请了所以的朋友去野餐,但是由于下雨只来了其中5位。 We invited all our friends to the picnic ,but it rained and only 5 of them showed up. 5、婚姻被视为一件严肃的事。 Marriage is viewed as a serious matter. 6、令我失望的是,这部电影并不像我期待得那么好。 To my disappointment ,the movie didn’t live up to my expectations. 七、

新视野大学英语第三版第一册Units1-4课文翻译

目录 Unit1-奔向更加光明的未来 (1) Unit2-儿时百宝箱,老大归家梦 (2) Unit3-互联网时代的大学生活 (3) Unit4-我们身边的英雄 (4) Unit1-奔向更加光明的未来 1下午好!作为校长,我非常自豪地欢迎你们来到这所大学。你们所取得的成就是你们自己多年努力的结果,也是你们的父母和老师们多年努力的结果。在这所大学里,我们承诺将使你们学有所成。 2在欢迎你们到来的这一刻,我想起自己高中毕业时的情景,还有妈妈为我和爸爸拍的合影。妈妈吩咐我们:“姿势自然点。"等一等,爸爸说,“把我递给他闹钟的情景拍下来。“在大学期间,那个闹钟每天早晨叫醒我。至今它还放在我办公室的桌子上。 3让我来告诉你们一些你们未必预料得到的事情。你们将会怀念以前的生活习惯,怀念父母曾经提醒你们要刻苦学习、取得佳绩。你们可能因为高中生活终于结束而喜极而泣,你们的父母也可能因为终于不用再给你们洗衣服而喜极而泣!但是要记住:未来是建立在过去扎实的基础上的。 4对你们而言,接下来的四年将会是无与伦比的一段时光。在这里,你们拥有丰富的资源:有来自全国各地的有趣的学生,有学识渊博又充满爱心的老师,有综合性图书馆,有完备的运动设施,还有针对不同兴趣的学生社团一一从文科社团到理科社团、到社区服务等等。你们将自由地探索、学习新科目。你们要学着习惯点灯熬油,学着结交充满魅力的人,学着去追求新的爱好。我想鼓励你们充分利用这一特殊的经历,并用你们的干劲和热情去收获这一机会所带来的丰硕成果。 5有这么多课程可供选择,你可能会不知所措。你不可能选修所有的课程,但是要尽可能体验更多的课程!大学里有很多事情可做可学,每件事情都会为你提供不同视角来审视世界。如果我只能给你们一条选课建议的话,那就是:挑战自己!不要认为你早就了解自己对什么样的领域最感兴趣。选择一些你从未接触过的领域的课程。这样,你不仅会变得更加博学,而且更有可能发现一个你未曾想到的、能成就你未来的爱好。一个绝佳的例子就是时装设计师王薇薇。她最初学的是艺术史。随着时间的推移,王薇薇把艺术史硏究和对时装的热爱结合起来,并将其转化为对设计的热情,从而使她成为全球闻名的设计师。 6 在大学里,一下子拥有这么多新鲜体驴可能不会总是令人愉快的。在你的宿舍楼里,住在你隔壁寝室的同学可能会反复播放同一首歌,令你头痛欲裂!你可能喜欢早起,而你的室友却是个夜猫子!尽管如此,你和你的室友仍然可能成为最要好的朋友。如果有些新的经历让你感觉不那么舒心,不要担心。我保证快乐的经历会多于不快的经历。而且我保证几乎所有这些经历都会给你带来宝贵的经验教训l,从而使你的生活更加丰富多彩。所以,带着热切的目光和欢乐的心情,去拥抱这些新的体验吧! 7我们相信,你们的自我发现之旅和对爱好的寻求带给你们的将不仅仅是个人的进步。我们相信,当你们成为我们的学者群体中的一员时,你们很快就会认识

大学英语精读第一册课后翻译1-8单元

1) 史密斯太太对我抱怨说,她经常发现与自己十六岁的女儿简直无法沟通。 Mrs. Smith complained to me that she often found it simply impossible to communicate with her 16-year-old daughter. 2) 我坚信,阅读简写的 (simplified) 英文小说是扩大我们词汇量的一种轻松愉快的方法。 I firmly believe that reading simplified English novels is an easy and enjoyable way of enlarging our vocabulary. 3) 我认为我们在保护环境不受污染 (pollution) 方面还做得不够。 I don’t think we’re doing enough to protect our environment from pollution. 4) 除了每周写作文外,我们的英语老师还给我们布置了八本书在暑假里阅读。 In addition to/Apart from writing compositions on a weekly basis, our English teacher assigned us eight books to read during the summer vacation. 5) 我们从可靠的消息来源获悉下学期一位以英语为母语的人将要教我们英语口语。 We’ve learned from reliable sources that a native English speaker is going to teach us spoken English next term/semester. 6) 经常看英语电影不仅会提高你的听力,而且还会帮助你培养说的技能。 Seeing English movies on a regular basis will not only improve your ear, but will also help you build your speaking skills. 7) 如果你们对这些学习策略有什么问题,请随便问我。我将更详细地进行讲解。 If you have any questions about these learning strategies, please feel free to ask me. And I’ll explain them in greater detail. 8) 那个加拿大女孩善于抓住每个机会讲汉语。这就是她为什么三年不到就熟练地掌握了汉语口语的原因。 The Canadian girl is good at seizing every opportunity to speak Chinese. That’s why she has gained a good command of spoken Chinese in less than three years.

新编大学英语4课文翻译(包括课后文章翻译)和答案

Reading comprehension 1略 2 BDCAC AADBB Vocabulary 1. 1) A. entertaining B. entertainment C. entertained D. entertainer 2) A. recognizable B. recognized C. recognition 3) A. tempting B. temptation C. tempt 4) A. reasoned B. reasoning C. reasonable D. reason 5) A. analyzed B. analytical C. analyst D. analysis 6) A. valuable B. valuation C. valued/values D. values 7) A. humorist B. humor C. humorous D. humorless 8) A. understandable B. understanding C. understand D. misunderstood 2. 1) a sense of responsibility 2) a sense of safety/security 3) a sense of inferiority 4) a sense of superiority 5) a sense of rhythm 6) a sense of justice 7) a sense of shame 8) a sense of helplessness 9) a sense of direction 10) a sense of urgency 3. 1) Lively behavior is normal 2) Fast cars appeal to 3) diverse arguments 4) I asked my boss for clarification 5) sensitive to light 6) Mutual encouragement 7) made fun of him 8) persists in his opinion/viewpoint 9) to be the focus/center of attention 10) we buy our tickets in advance 4. 1)certain/sure 2) involved 3) end 4) behavior 5) disciplining 6) agreed 7) individually 8) first 9) response 10) question 11) attempt 12) voice 13) directly 14) followed 15) trouble Unit 2 便笺的力量 Reading comprehension 1略 2 FFTFTFTFTTFTFT Vocabulary 1. Creating Compound Words

Unit-6-A-World-of-Mystery新编大学英语第二版第一册课文翻译

Unit 6 A World of Mystery The Bermuda Triangle [1] On 5th December 1945, Flight 19, which consisted of five US Navy planes, took off from Fort Lauderdale, Florida in fine weather. There was a total of fourteen men on board the planes. The planes were in good condition; they had the best equipment on board including compasses and radios, and they also carried life rafts. The planes could float on water for ninety seconds. One and a half hours after the take-off, a radio message from one of the planes was heard at the control tower at Fort Lauderdale. [2] "I don't know where we are." [3] After that the planes could no longer speak to the control tower, but they could speak to and hear each other, and the control tower could hear them. [4] "The magnetic compass is going crazy." [5] "We're completely lost." [6] No other messages were heard after that. Nobody else heard from the planes or saw them again. Three hundred planes and many boats searched the area, but not one trace of Flight 19 was found. Then one of the planes that was sent to look for them also disappeared completely. [7] These planes had disappeared in a very mysterious part of the world in the western Atlantic Ocean where lots of strange events have taken place. The mystery started long before 1945, and since that year many other ships and planes have also disappeared in this area. It is called the Bermuda Triangle. It is a large, triangular area of the ocean with the island of Bermuda at its northern tip. [8] Planes and ships disappear in other parts of the world, but there are more disappearances in the Triangle than in other areas. For years now scientists and others have been puzzled by this mystery. There have been many attempts to explain why people, planes and ships disappear in such high numbers here . [9] One writer, John Spencer, believes that the ships and planes have been carried off from the sea and sky by flying saucers or UFOs from another planet. Since there are millions of other planets in the universe, Spencer believes there must be other intelligent creatures somewhere in the universe. These creatures are interested in collecting humans and their equipment so that they can examine them carefully. [10] Another theory is that the geography of the area is responsible for the disappearances of the ships and planes. Bermuda lies on an earthquake belt. Underwater earthquakes result in large waves appearing suddenly. These waves are so big that they can break a ship into pieces. In the air, a similar thing can happen to airplanes because of

翻译大学英语第一册全部内容

第一册Book1Unit1~Unit10 翻译答案 Unit1 翻译 1) 史密斯太太对我抱怨说,她经常发现与自己十六岁的女儿简直无法沟通。 Mrs. Smith complained to me that she often found it simply impossible to communicate with her 16-year-old daughter. 2) 我坚信,阅读简写的(simplified) 英文小说是扩大我们词汇量的一种轻松愉快的方法。 I firmly believe that reading simplified English novels is an easy and enjoyable way of enlarging our vocabulary. 3) 我认为我们在保护环境不受污染(pollution) 方面还做得不够。 I don’t think we’re doing enough to protect our environment from pollution. 4) 除了每周写作文外,我们的英语老师还给我们布置了八本书在暑假里阅读。 In addition to/Apart from writing compositions on a weekly basis, our English teacher assigned us eight books to read during the summer vacation. 5) 我们从可靠的消息来源获悉下学期一位以英语为母语的人将要教我们英语口语。 We’ve learned from reliable sources that a native English speaker is going to te ach us spoken English next term/semester. 6) 经常看英语电影不仅会提高你的听力,而且还会帮助你培养说的技能。 Seeing English movies on a regular basis will not only improve your ear, but will also help you build your speaking skills. 7) 如果你们对这些学习策略有什么问题,请随便问我。我将更详细地进行讲解。 If you have any q uestions about these learning strategies, please feel free to ask me. And I’ll explain them in greater detail. 8) 那个加拿大女孩善于抓住每个机会讲汉语。这就是她为什么三年不到就熟练地掌握了汉语口语的原因。 The Canadian girl is good at seizing every opportunity to speak Chinese. That’s why she has gained a good command of spoken Chinese in less than three years. Unit2 翻译 1) 幸好附近有家医院,我们立刻把他送到了那里。 Fortunately there was a hospital nearby and we took him there at once. 2) 胜利登上乔治岛(George Island) 后,船长向指挥部(the headquarters) 发了一份无线电报。 After succeeding in landing on George Island, the captain sent a radio message to the headquarters. 3) 他决心继续他的实验,不过这一次他将用另一种方法来做。 He is determined to continue his experiment but this time he'll do it another way. 4) 她在读这部小说时,不禁想起了她在农村度过的那五年。 When she read the novel, she couldn't help thinking of the five years she had spent in the countryside. 5) 玛丽觉得单靠自己的力量执行她的计划是困难的。 Mary thought it difficult to carry out her plan all by herself. 6) 我们认为他不能在一刻钟内走完那段距离,但他却成功地做到了这一点。 We didn't think he could cover the distance in a quarter of an hour, but he succeeded in doing it. 7) 甚至在他的医生告诉他患有肺癌之后,奇切斯特仍不肯放弃环球航行的宿愿。

全新版大学英语_综合教程1_课后翻译与答案

《全新版大学英语综合教程1 课后翻译及答案》Unit 1 Growing Up 为自己而写 ——拉塞尔·贝克 从孩提时代,我还住在贝尔维尔时,我的脑子里就断断续续地转着当作家的念头,但直等到我高中三年级,这一想法才有了实现的可能。在这之前,我对所有跟英文课沾边的事都感到腻味。我觉得英文语法枯燥难懂。我痛恨那些长而乏味的段落写作,老师读着受累,我写着痛苦。弗利格尔先生接我们的高三英文课时,我就准备着在这门最最单调乏味的课上再熬上沉闷的一年。弗利格尔先生在学生中以其说话干巴和激励学生无术而出名。据说他拘谨刻板,完全落后于时代。我看他有六七十岁了,古板之极。他戴着古板的毫无装饰的眼镜,微微卷曲的头发剪得笔齐,梳得纹丝不乱。他身穿古板的套装,领带端端正正地顶着白衬衣的领扣。他长着古板的尖下巴,古板的直鼻梁,说起话来一本正经,字斟句酌,彬彬有礼,活脱脱一个滑稽的老古董。 我作好准备,打算在弗利格尔先生的班上一无所获地混上一年,不少日子过去了,还真不出所料。后半学期我们学写随笔小品文。弗利格尔先生发下一张家庭作业纸,出了不少题目供我们选择。像"暑假二三事"那样傻乎乎的题目倒是一个也没有,但绝大多数一样乏味。我把作文题带回家,一直没写,直到要交作业的前一天晚上。我躺在沙发上,最终不得不面对这一讨厌的功课,便从笔记本里抽出作文题目单粗粗一看。我的目光落在"吃意大利细面条的艺术"这个题目上。

这个题目在我脑海里唤起了一连串不同寻常的图像。贝尔维尔之夜的清晰的回忆如潮水一般涌来,当时,我们大家一起围坐在晚餐桌旁——艾伦舅舅、我母亲、查理舅舅、多丽丝、哈尔舅舅——帕特舅妈晚饭做的是意大利细面条。那时意大利细面条还是很少听说的异国食品。多丽丝和我都还从来没吃过,在座的大人也是经验不足,没有一个吃起来得心应手的。艾伦舅舅家诙谐有趣的场景全都重现在我的脑海中,我回想起来,当晚我们笑作一团,争论着该如何地把面条从盘子上送到嘴里才算合乎礼仪。 突然我就想描述那一切,描述当时那种温馨美好的气氛,但我把它写下来仅仅是想自得其乐,而不是为弗利格尔先生而写。那是我想重新捕捉并珍藏在心中的一个时刻。我想重温那个夜晚的愉快。然而,照我希望的那样去写,就会违反我在学校里学的正式作文的种种法则,弗利格尔先生也肯定会打它一个不及格。没关系。等我为自己写好了之后,我可以再为弗利格尔先生写点什么别的东西。 等我写完时已是半夜时分,再没时间为弗利格尔先生写一篇循规蹈矩、像模像样的文章了。第二天上午,我别无选择,只好把我为自己而写的贝尔维尔晚餐的故事交了上去。两天后弗利格尔先生发还批改过的作文,他把别人的都发了,就是没有我的。我正准备着遵命一放学就去弗利格尔先生那儿挨训,却看见他从桌上拿起我的作文,敲了敲桌子让大家注意听。 "好了,孩子们,"他说。"我要给你们念一篇小品文。文章的题目是: 吃意大利细面条的艺术。"

Unit 7 The Joy of Travel新编大学英语第二版第三册课文翻译

Unit 7 The Joy of Travel Transformative Travel Twenty-five years ago I felt like a wreck. Although I was just 23, my life already seemed over. The future appeared as much like a wasteland as the emptiness I could see while looking back to the past. I felt lost, without choices, without hope. I was stuck in a job I hated and trapped in an engagement with a woman I didn't love. At the time, both commitments seemed like a good idea, but I suppose it was the fantasy of being a successful, married businessman that appealed to me far more than the reality. I decided to take a class just for the entertainment value. It happened to be an introductory counseling course, one that involved personal sharing in the group. We were challenged to make commitments publicly about things we would like to change in our lives, and in a moment of pure impulsiveness, I declared that by the next class meeting I was going to quit my job and end my engagement. A few days later I found myself unemployed and unattached, excited by the freedom, yet terrified about what to do next. I needed some kind of transition from my old life to a new one, a sort of ritual that would help me to transform myself from one person into another. So I did something just as impulsive as my previous actions: I booked a trip for a week in Aruba. In spite of what others might have thought, I was not running away from something but to something. I wanted a clean break, and I knew I needed to get away from my usual environment and influences so as to think clearly about where I was headed. Once settled into my room on the little island of Aruba, I began my process of self-change. I really could have been anywhere as long as nobody could reach me by phone and I had the peace and quiet to think about what I wanted to do. I spent the mornings going for long walks on the beach, the afternoons sitting under my favorite tree, reading books and listening to tapes. Probably most important of all, I forced myself to get out of my room and go to meet people. Ordinarily shy, I now decided that I was someone who was perfectly capable of having a conversation with anyone I chose. Since nobody knew the "real" me, the way I had always been, I felt free to be completely different. It took me almost a year to pay off that trip, but I am convinced that my single week in Aruba was worth three years in therapy. That trip started a number of processes that helped me to transform myself. This is how I did it: I created a mindset that made me ready for change. I expected that big things were

《新编大学英语》第一册课后翻译练习参考答案

Book 1 Translation Exercises Unit 1 Translation 1) 我累了。昨晚我不该那么晚睡觉。(should not + 动词完成式) 2) 我和鲍勃不是很熟,不过我们偶尔一起出去喝一杯。(occasional) 3) 我们应该到火车站接她。(be supposed to) 4) 你可以清楚地看到有人快要淹死, 而你却没有采取行动救他们。(drown, take action) 5) 包括周末在内,仅仅还有12天时间可以用来买圣诞礼物。(including) 6) 如果不立即采取行动,许多种野生动物就会因饥饿而死亡。(without, hunger) I’m tired. I shouldn’t have gone to bed so late last night. I don’t/didn’t know Bob very well, but we go/went out for an occasional drink together. We’re supposed to meet her at the train station. You could clearly see people drowning, but/and yet you took no action to save them. Including weekends, there are only twelve more days to buy Christmas presents. Without immediate action, many kinds of wild animals would die from hunger. Unit 2 Translation 1) 那首歌总是使她回想起在芝加哥度过的那个夜晚。(remind…of…) 2) 街角处刚巧有一位警察,我便向他问路。(happen to, corner) 3) 由于天气恶劣,今天所有去纽约的航班都延误了。(delay) 4) 谁有责任谁就必须赔偿损失。(whoever, responsible) 5) 我找不到我的支票簿。我准是把它留在家里了。(checkbook, must have) 6) 到足球比赛快开始时,暴风雨已经停了。(by the time) That song always reminded her of the night spent in Chicago. There happened to be a policeman on the corner, so I asked him the way. All flights to New York today are/were delayed because of the bad weather. Whoever is responsible will have to pay for the damage. I can’t find my checkbook. I must have left it at home. By the time the football match was going to start, the storm had already stopped. Unit 3 Translation 1) 除非你有经验,否则你得不到这份工作。(unless) 2) 我把大部分时间花在研究中美文化的差异上了。(spend) 3) 这句话意思极清楚,决不会引起误解。(so…that) 4) 他希望能够给予她比现在更多的帮助。(more than) 5) 穿上外套,否则你会感冒的。(or) 6) 她的收藏品中增加了一张毕加索(Picasso)的画。(add…to…) 7) 我没意识到以前曾来过这儿。(be aware of) 8) 如果你继续对每个人这么粗鲁,你很快就会发现自己什么朋友都没有了。(find oneself without) 1)You won’t get the job unless you’ve got the experience. 2) Most of my time is spent studying the differences between Chinese and American culture. The statement/sentence is so clear that it can’t cause any misunderstanding. He wishes that he could give her more help than he does. She has added a Picasso to his collection.

新视野大学英语读写教程第三版第一册课文翻译

Unit1奔向更加光明的未来 1 下午好!作为校长,我非常自豪地欢迎你们来到这所大学。你们所取得的成就是你们自己多年努力的结果,也是你们的父母和老师们多年努力的结果。在这所大学里,我们承诺 将使你们学有所成。 2 在欢迎你们到来的这一刻,我想起自己高中毕业时的情景,还有妈妈为我和爸爸拍的合影。妈妈吩咐我们:“姿势自然点。” “等一等 , ”爸爸说,“把我递给他闹钟的情景拍下来。” 在大学期间,那个闹钟每天早晨叫醒我。至今它还放在我办公室的桌子上。 3 让我来告诉你们, 一些你们未必预料得到的事情。你们将会怀念以前的生活习惯,怀念父母曾经提醒你们要刻苦学习、取得佳绩。你们可能因为高中生活终于结束而喜极而泣,你 们的父母也可能因为终于不用再给你们洗衣服而喜极而泣!但是要记住:未来是建立在过 去扎实的基础上的。 4 对你们而言,接下来的四年将会是无与伦比的一段时光。在这里,你们拥有丰富的资源:有来自全国各地的有趣的学生,有学识渊博又充满爱心的老师,有综合性图书馆,有完备的运动设施,还有针对不同兴趣的学生社团——从文科社团到理科社团、到社区服务等等。你们将自由地探索、学习新科目。你们要学着习惯点灯熬油,学着结交充满魅力的人,学着 去追求新的爱好。我想鼓励你们充分利用这一特殊的经历,并用你们的干劲和热情去收获 这一机会所带来的丰硕成果。 5 有这么多课程可供选择,你可能会不知所措。你不可能选修所有的课程,但是要尽可能 体验更多的课程!大学里有很多事情可做可学,每件事情都会为你提供不同视角来审视世 界。如果我只能给你们一条选课建议的话,那就是:挑战自己!不要认为你早就了解自己对什么样的领域最感兴趣。选择一些你从未接触过的领域的课程。这样,你不仅会变得更加博学,而且更有可能发现一个你未曾想到的、能成就你未来的爱好。一个绝佳的例子就是时装设计师王薇薇,她最初学的是艺术史。随着时间的推移,王薇薇把艺术史研究和对时装的热爱结合起来,并将其转化为对设计的热情,从而使她成为全球闻名的设计师。 6 在大学里,一下子拥有这么多新鲜体验可能不会总是令人愉快的。在你的宿舍楼里,住在你 隔壁寝室的同学可能会反复播放同一首歌,令你头痛欲裂!你可能喜欢早起,而你的室友 却是个夜猫子!尽管如此,你和你的室友仍然可能成为最要好的朋友。如果有些新的经历让你感觉不那么舒心,不要担心。我保证快乐的经历会多于不快的经历。而且我保证几乎所有这些经历都会给你带来宝贵的经验教训,从而使你的生活更加丰富多彩。所以,带着热切的目光和欢乐的心情,勇敢向前去拥抱这些新的体验吧! 7 我们相信,你们的自我发现之旅和对爱好的寻求带给你们的将不仅仅是个人的进步。我们相信,当你们成为我们的学者群体中的一员时,你们很快就会认识到,大学不仅提供大量自我充实的机会,同时也带来了责任。一位智者说过:“教育代代相传,它就是社会的灵魂。”你们是你们家庭辛勤劳动成果的传承者,也是无数前辈辛勤劳动成果的传承者。他们积累了知识,并把知识传递给你们,而这些知识正是你们取得成功所必需的。现在轮到你们了。你们会获取什么样的知识?你们会发现什么样的兴趣爱好?你们怎样做才能为你们的子孙后代创造一个强大昌盛的未来? 8 我们很高兴能为你们人生旅途中这一重大阶段开启大门。我们很高兴你们将获得许多机会,也很高兴你们将作为社区、国家乃至世界的公民承担起应有的责任。欢迎你们!

新视野大学英语1课文翻译

新视野大学英语1课文翻译 1下午好!作为校长,我非常自豪地欢迎你们来到这所大学。你们所取得的成就是你们自己多年努力的结果,也是你们的父母和老师们多年努力的结果。在这所大学里,我们承诺将使你们学有所成。 2在欢迎你们到来的这一刻,我想起自己高中毕业时的情景,还有妈妈为我和爸爸拍的合影。妈妈吩咐我们:“姿势自然点。”“等一等,”爸爸说,“把我递给他闹钟的情景拍下来。”在大学期间,那个闹钟每天早晨叫醒我。至今它还放在我办公室的桌子上。 3让我来告诉你们一些你们未必预料得到的事情。你们将会怀念以前的生活习惯,怀念父母曾经提醒你们要刻苦学习、取得佳绩。你们可能因为高中生活终于结束而喜极而泣,你们的父母也可能因为终于不用再给你们洗衣服而喜极而泣!但是要记住:未来是建立在过去扎实的基础上的。 4对你们而言,接下来的四年将会是无与伦比的一段时光。在这里,你们拥有丰富的资源:有来自全国各地的有趣的学生,有学识渊博又充满爱心的老师,有综合性图书馆,有完备的运动设施,还有针对不同兴趣的学生社团——从文科社团到理科社团、到社区服务等等。你们将自由地探索、学习新科目。你们要学着习惯点灯熬油,学着结交充满魅力的人,学着去追求新的爱好。我想鼓励你们充分利用这一特殊的经历,并用你们的干劲和热情去收获这一机会所带来的丰硕成果。 5有这么多课程可供选择,你可能会不知所措。你不可能选修所有的课程,但是要尽可能体验更多的课程!大学里有很多事情可做可学,每件事情都会为你提供不同视角来审视世界。如果我只能给你们一条选课建议的话,那就是:挑战自己!不要认为你早就了解自己对什么样的领域最感兴趣。选择一些你从未接触过的领域的课程。这样,你不仅会变得更加博学,而且更有可能发现一个你未曾想到的、能成就你未来的爱好。一个绝佳的例子就是时装设计师王薇薇,她最初学的是艺术史。随着时间的推移,王薇薇把艺术史研究和对时装的热爱结合起来,并将其转化为对设计的热情,从而使她成为全球闻名的设计师。 6在大学里,一下子拥有这么多新鲜体验可能不会总是令人愉快的。在你的宿舍楼里,住在你隔壁寝室的同学可能会反复播放同一首歌,令你头痛欲裂!你可能喜欢早起,而你的室友却是个夜猫子!尽管如此,你和你的室友仍然可能成

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档