一、Vocabulary and Structure (共50分)
Directions: In this section there are 15 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE that best completes the sentence, Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
1. Among the decisions that most people make, ___A____ a house is perhaps the biggest one.
2. Don’t be ___A__ about him; he is a beginner.
3. Their basketball team had bad luck yesterday: it was their third _B___ in four matches.
4. It is human nature to be ___B_ to change because it requires us to cross into the unknown.
5. His works mirrored such positive _A___ as cheerful and kindness.
6. We must always try to _C___ the highest level of service to our customers.
7. The teacher was very popular among the students because he _D___ them as his own children.
8. When I asked the students if they’d like to have the lesson near the lake, I got a __A___ answer: “Yes!”
9. The sick child fell into sleep soon after he took the medicine---- obviously the medicine was __B___ work.
D. out of
10. The story about the country teacher and her 18 students was played __C___ and soon the