1. Project sponsors have the GREATEST influence on the scope, quality, time, and cost of the project during the: A
A. Concept phase.
B. Development phase.
C. Execution phase.
D. Close-down phase.
2. In the initiation phase of your project, it is apparent that different departments of the client’s company hold different views on project structure and project deliverables. What is the best action for you? B
A. Ask the client when they will finalize their requirements.
B. Work with leaderships from each department to collaboratively engineer a mutually acceptable solution.
C. Make sure the terms and conditions of the contract are clear.
D. List the consequences of changes in th e contract’s requirements section.
3. Complex projects, involving cross-disciplinary efforts, are MOST effectively managed by:
A. Multiple lead project managers.
B. A functional organization.
C. A strong matrix organization.
D. A strong traditional manager.
4. It is critical for your company to offer its products on the Internet to increase its market share. The company has no previous experience in this area, but it believes that knowledge is needed rapidly. As you have shown an interest in the Internet, you are asked to start planning for this project. What is the FIRST step to take as you begin planning?
A. Identify the risks.
B. Plan the scope.
C. Establish a resource plan.
D. Complete a cost and schedule estimate.
5. Major difficulties arise when multiple projects need to be managed in the functional organizational structure because of—
A. The level of authority of the project manager
B. Conflicts over the relative priorities of different projects in competition for limited resources
C. Project team members who are focused on their functional specialty rather than on the project
D. The need for the project manager to use interpersonal skills to resolve conflicts informally
6. A KEY activity in closing out a project is to:
C x [B]
A. Disseminate status reports and risk assessment.
B. Disseminate information to formalize project competition.
C. Monitor the specific project results to determine if they comply with relevant quality standards.
D. Transfer all the project records to the project owners.
7. The terms strong, balanced and weak matrix when applied to matrix structure in project organization refer to:
A. Ability of the organization to achieve its goal
B. Degree to which team members bond together
C. Physical proximity of project team members to one another and to project manager
D. Degree of authority the project manager over team resources
8. You are performing administrative closure for the project execution phase of the project. Upon completion of this step, you will have project archives, formal acceptance, and –-
A. Project reports.
B. Lessons learned.
C. Performance measurement documentation.
D. Statement of work updates.
9. During project execution, a project team delivers a project deliverable to the customer. However, the customer neither acknowledges the deliverable nor says if it is acceptable, although
an approval is required. What is the BEST thing to do?
A. Continue with the project.
B. Document the situation.
C. Contact management for help.
D. Call a meeting of the team.
10. A project should be terminated for all of the following reasons except:
A. Lack of team synergy necessary to achieve top quality.
B. The project no longer meets the company’s object ives.
C. The resources are not available to complete project activities.
D. Project funding has been significantly reduced.
11. The project is completed and the final deliverable has been sent to the customer, but the customer refuses to give final acceptance of the project. It is MOST important for the project manager to:
A．Inform management of the situation.
B．Ask the team for assistance.
C．Document the situation.
D．Initiate legal proceedings.
12. The previous project manager for your project managed it without much project organization. There is a lack of management control and no clearing defined project deliverables. Which of the following would be the BEST choice for getting your project better organized?
A．Adopt a life cycle approach to the project.
B．Develop lessons learned for each phase.
C．Develop specific work plans for each work package.
D．Develop a description of the product of the project.
13. An advisor to a new project manager tells the project manager to create lessons learned at the end of a project. What does a lessons learned include?
A．Variances and their causes
B．Reports from the customer
C．Reports from management
D．All the plans used in the project
14. You are considering creating a project management office (PMO)at your firm and have solicited the opinions of some of the senior management in your company. The first representative recommends that the PMO should manage all projects in the firm. The second believes that the PMO should handle large projects budgeted over a defined dollar amount. The third thinks a PMO should simply provide support to the department project managers. What should you do?
A．Go with the first representative’s opinion because a project management office is intended to be a central repository for all project information and management of all projects.
B ．Go with the second representative’s opinion because it is not practical f or the project management office to manage all projects. The most important projects should be managed by a focused group of trained project professionals.
C．Get other opinions from the representatives’ employees.
D．Begin the process of gaining authority and formal approval for implementing all three choices. 你决定在公司内组建项目管理办公室（PMO），你征求了部分公司高级管理层的意见。第一位代表认为，PMO 应该管理公司所有的项目，第二位认为PMO 应该管理预算在一定金
15. You are trying to help project managers in your organization understand the project management process groups and the project management process. Many of them are confusing the project life cycle with the project management process. Which of the following identifies the DIFFERENCE between these two?
A．The project life cycle is created based on the top level of the work breakdown structure. B．The project management process is longer.
C．The project management process only applies to some projects.
D．The project life cycle describes what you need to do to complete the work.
16. A project manager measures the project against the project management plan to determine if the project is in control. Which of the following could also be done during the monitoring and controlling process group?
C．Implement quality assurance procedures
17. You have been working on a nine-month project for six months. The project is ahead of schedule when one of the functional managers tells you that the resources committed to the project are no longer available. After checking further, you discover that the company has just started another project and is using the resources committed to your project. You believe that the new project is not critical, but the project manager is the son of a board member. What is the BEST course of action in this situation?
A．Determine when resources will become available.
B．Ask the project management office to formally prioritize the projects.
C．Use the reserve to hire contractors to complete the work.
D．Negotiate a new schedule with the other project manager.
你正在管理为期9 个月的项目，目前已经历经6 个月了。项目进度提前。此时职能经理告诉你，项目上某一资源不能再继续使用。后来你发现，公司开始了另一新项目，且使用了之前你项目上的资源。你认为新项目并没有你所管理的项目重要，但项目经理是管理委员会成员的儿子。此时，你最应该采取哪项措施？
18. When is the earliest time administrative closure should be completed?
A．At the end of each project phase.
B．At the end of the project
C．Whenever a deliverable is complete
D．Whenever a new project manager takes over a project
19. Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate thing to do during the executing process group?
A．Reevaluate the project’s business case when a severe problem occurs.
B．Recommend updates to the project management plan.
C．Recalculate how long the project will take.
D．Determine if project controls need to be updated.
20. A new project manager is having difficulty creating a WBS with the team. To alleviate this situation, the project manager should ask for help from:
B．Other project managers.
C．_______The project management office.
21. Which of the following BEST describes the major constraints on a project?
A．Scope, number of resources, and cost
B．Scope, cost, and time
C．Acope,time, cost,quality,risk,resources,and customer satisfaction
D．Time, cost, and number of changes
22. in which project management process group is the detailed project budget created?
B．Before the project management process
23. People from the business development department are the only ones completing a project. Whenever questions arise, they are passed to the heads of other departments, to the people in these departments, and then back to the business development department. This is causing delays on the project. Why might this method of communicating be happening?
A．The communications management plan is not clear.
B．There is no project charter.
C．The project is being managed in a functional organization.
D．The work breakdown structure did not show responsibilities.
24. which of the following statements BEST describes the rule that has been ignored when a project which was originally scheduled for completion in six months has been ongoing for two years?
A．Too many activities can mean the project never is completed.
B．The project needs only one project sponsor.
C．The WBS is a good way to determine project activities.
D．A project is something that is temporary.
以下哪项很准确的解释了一个计划历时6 个月的项目已经进行了2 年的原因？
25. Being told to complete the project in three months using only four resources is an example of: A
B．Earned value analysis components.
C．Benefit cost ratios.
D．Law of diminishing returns.
被告知项目要求在3 个月内完成，而且只能使用4 种资源，这是以下哪个例子？
26. A project manager in a predominantly hierarchical organization has been assigned a major project with aggressive timelines. the BEST approach for developing an initial project charter in this environment is to:
A ．Create a project charter using brainstorming sessions with potential team members and stakeholders.
B．Create and present a draft project charter to potential team members and stakeholders to solicit their input.
C．Create a project charter jointly with management for distribution to potential team members and Stake holders.
D．Create a project charter with the functional managers and present it to the sponsor for signature. 一位项目经理工作在一个组织结构层级分明的企业工作，最近被分配了一个关键项目，而且项目期限非常紧张。在这种情况下，制定初步项目章程的最佳方法为：
27. Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate thing to do during the monitoring
and controlling process group?
A．Implement recognition and reward systems.
B．Obtain sign-off of the product of the project.
C．Issue performance reports.
D．Keep everyone focused on completing the project to the charter.
28. Which of the following would be the MOST appropriate thing to do during the closing process group?
A．Work with the customer to determine acceptance criteria.
B．Collect historical information from previous projects.
C．Conform all the requirements in the project have been met.
D．Gain formal approval of the management plans.
29. The WBS and WBS dictionary are completed. the project team has begun working on
identifying risks. the sponsor contacts the project manager, requesting that the responsibility assignment matrix be issued. the project has a budget of US$100,000 and is taking place in three countries using 14 human resources. there is little risk expected for the project and the project manager has managed many projects similar to this one. what is the NEXT thing to do?
A．Understand the experience of the sponsor on similar projects.
B．Create an activity list.
C．Make sure the project scope is defined.
D．Complete risk management and issue the responsibility assignment matrix.
已经完成了工作分解结构和工作分解结构词典，项目团队正在识别风险。发起人要求项目经理发布责任分配矩阵。项目的预算为100，000 美金，且跨度3 个国家，使用14 种人力资源。项目预期风险很小，而且项目经理以前做过很多类似的项目。接下来应该怎么做？
30. Which project management process group normally takes the MOST project time and resources?