文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 傲慢与偏见(Pride and Prejudice)中英文对照

傲慢与偏见(Pride and Prejudice)中英文对照

傲慢与偏见 Pride and Prejudice BBC版本 中英文剧本3

Lizzy! Jane!
丽西,瑾

What do you think? Mr Collins has made an offer of marriage to Charlotte Lucas!
你们说呢? 科林斯先生 跟夏洛蒂洛克斯求婚了

She's accepted him!
她也接受了

Charlotte?
夏洛蒂?

Engaged to Mr Collins?
跟科林斯先生订婚?

Impossible!

不可能

The fireplace in the great room at Rosings would be much larger than that.

罗新斯园 大房里的壁炉还大得多


A fireplace of truly prodigious dimensions.
尺寸真正惊人的…

好大

But why should you be surprised, my dear Lizzy?

你为什么要惊讶呢? 亲爱的丽西

Do you think it incredible that Mr Collins could procure any woman's good opinion,

你认为科林斯先生 不可能得到女人的垂青吗?


because he didn't succeed with you?
就因为他向你求婚失败?

Charlotte, I didn't mean...

夏洛蒂,我不是这个意思


I Was surprised.
我很惊讶

Charlotte, if Mr Collins has been so fortunate as to secure your affections,

可是夏洛蒂,若科林斯先生 有幸获得你的感情


I'm delighted for you both.
我替你们两人高兴

I see what you are feeling.

我知道你的感受

I'm not romantic, you know.

你知道我不是个浪漫的人

I never was. I ask only a comfortable home.

从来就不是

我只要求一个舒适的家

And, considering Mr Collins' character and situation in life,

以科林斯先生的个性和地位

I'm convinced my chance of happiness with him is as fair as most who enter the marriage state.

相信我跟他结婚 会跟大多夫妻一样幸福


(COLLINS): My dear Charlotte!
亲爱的夏洛蒂

Cousin Elizabeth, you can see before you the happiest of men!

伊丽莎柏表妹 我现在是世上最幸福的男人


Jane, it was such a humiliating spectacle!
瑾,真是太可耻了

She knows she's marrying one of the stupidest men in England.

她明知道嫁的是 全英国最愚蠢的男人

I never believed her capable of that.

我没想到她会做这种事

Lizzy, you do not make allowances for differences of situation and temper.

丽西,你不懂得体谅 别人不同的环境和性情


Our cousin Mr Collins is not the cleverest of men, perhaps, but he is respectable.
我们的科林斯表哥

也许不是最聪明的人 但是个正派人

He is not vicious, and as far as fortune goes, it's an eligible match.

他不是坏人

就财产而言 他也是适合的对象


是很适合
Very eligible! You wouldn't think of marrying a man like that, simply to secure your own comfort.

你绝不会为了保障生活舒适 就嫁给那样的人吧?


我不会,可是,丽西 不是每个人都一样的
No, but Lizzy, not everyone is the same.


Dear Jane!
亲爱的瑾

I doubt that you will have to make a

choice

我想你不会需要考虑 为爱而嫁或为物质条件而嫁

between marrying for love and marrying for more material considerations.


Though you may, perhaps?
虽然你可能会?

(THERE IS A KNOCK ON THE DOOR)


- This came just now from Netherfield, ma'am. - Thank you.
尼德斐园刚送来的,小姐 谢谢


It's from Caroline Bingley.
是卡洛琳宾莱写来的

She writes...

她说他们所有人现在已经 离开尼德斐园前往伦敦

..that the whole party will have left Netherfield by now, for London.


And without any intention of coming back again.
而且不打算再回来


(MISS BINGLEY): Charles first thought that his business in London Would only take a feW days,
我哥哥查尔斯

本来以为伦敦的事 几天就可能办完


but We're certain that this cannot be so.
但我们确定这是不可能的

I am convinced that When Charles gets to toWn, he Will be in no hurry to leave it again.

我相信查尔斯到了伦敦 不会忙着离开


I do not pretend to regret anything I shall leave in Hertfordshire, my dearest friend,
亲爱的朋友,我不会假装 赫特福郡有什么值得留恋的


except your society.
除了和你作伴的时光

Mr Darcy, of course, is impatient to see his sister.

达西先生当然急着想见妹妹

And to confess the truth, I'm scarcely less eager to meet her again,

老实说我跟他一样急着见她


因为我希望以后她会是…
from the hope I dare to entertain of her being hereafter... my sister.

我的妹妹

Am I Wrong, my dearest Jane,

我这么想不对吗? 亲爱的瑾


我衷心渴望这一件 会让许多人都幸福的事
in indulging the hope of an event Which Would secure the happiness of so many?


Is it not clear enough?
这还不够清楚吗?

Caroline Bingley believes her brother is indifferent to me and she means to put me on my guard.

卡洛琳宾莱 相信她哥哥对我漠不关心

还好心来让我提高警觉

- Can there be any other opinion on the subject? - Yes, there can!

丽西 这事还能有第二种解释吗?

当然有


宾莱小姐看出她哥哥爱上你 但她要他娶达西小姐
Miss Bingley sees that her brother is in love with you, and she wants him to marry Miss Darcy.


She hopes to keep him in town and persuade you that he does not care about you.
希望把他留在伦敦 让你相信他不喜欢你


真的,瑾
Indeed, Jane, you ought to believe me.

你应该相信我

No one who has seen you and Bingley together can doubt his affection.

看过你和宾莱先生在一起 就不可能怀疑他对你的感情


我不相信卡洛琳会存心骗我
I cannot believe Caroline is capable of wilful deceit.

All I can hope for is that she is deceived herself.

我只希望她这是自欺欺人


你务必要相信她是被蒙蔽了
Believe her

to be deceived, by all means,

but she can hardly convince a man so much in love that he's in love with someone else instead!

但她无法说服坠入情网的人 相信自己爱的是别人


If Bingley is not back by your side and dining at Longbourn within two weeks,
若宾莱先生两周内 没回你身边到龙柏园晚餐


I shall be very much surprised.
我可会大吃一惊呢


I don't envy Charlotte in the slightest! Fancy marrying a clergyman!
我丝毫不嫉妒夏洛蒂洛克斯

没想到她会想嫁给牧师


他每天晚上会对着她讲道
- He'll read from Fordyce's sermons every night. - Before they go to bed!

然后才上床

Look at that hideous cloth! It would do very well for Mary.

看这块难看的料子 你不觉得很适合梅莉吗?


Look! There's Denny and Carter.
看,丹尼和卡特


还有威卡
- And Wickham! - I suppose you'll keep him all to yourself again?

我想你又要霸占威卡了吧 丽西

她当然会啦 她对人家一往情深

- Of course. She's violently in love with him! - For heaven's sake, lower your voice.

凯蒂,拜托你小声点

Good afternoon to you, Ladies!

午安,各位小姐

How fortunate! We were going to Longbourn in search of you.

遇到各位真走运 我们正想走到龙柏园找你们

We came into town in search of you!

我们是到镇上来找你们的


We hoped we would see you at the Netherfield ball.
我们本来希望 在尼德斐园的舞会见到你


很遗憾失去和你共舞的机会
I was very sorry to lose the pleasure of dancing with you.


但命运似乎…
But fate, it would seem...


不,我必须对你坦白
No. With you I must be entirely open. I decided that it would be wrong for me to be there.

我认为我不应该去

I found that I had better not meet with Mr Darcy.

我在舞会举行前夕 觉得还是不见达西先生的好

Scenes might arise unpleasant to more than myself.

免得到时场面让其他人尴尬

I understand and admire your forbearance.

我很了解 也很佩服你的宽宏大量

Not that it would give me a moment's concern to see Mr Darcy publicly set down,

我不是担心 达西先生当众丢脸

不过在宾莱先生家里

but in Mr Bingley's house... It would grieve me to see him embarrassed and discomfited.

看到他尴尬为难,我会难过

And through him, your sister.

他难过令姐也会难过

Yes.

是的

- I hear Mr Collins is engaged to be married. - Yes, to my good friend Charlotte Lucas.

我听说令表兄 科林斯先生要结婚了

对 娶我的好友夏洛蒂洛克斯

I had thought that his intentions tended in another direction.

我以为他喜欢的是另一个人


Perhaps they did, but they took a little turn, to everybody's satisfaction.
可能是的,但他移情别恋 结局令大家都满意


And reli

ef.
也松了口气

I hope that you will stay and take tea with us.

希望你留下和我们喝茶

I should like to introduce you to my mother and father.

我希望 把你介绍给家父母认识


谢谢
Thank you.


Denny!
丹尼


Oh, young George Wickham is such a charming young man, is he not, my dear?
乔治威卡这青年真讨人喜欢 不是吗,亲爱的?


What? Oh, indeed he is.
什么?的确


他真好心,滔滔不绝地 诉说他的不幸来娱乐我们
It was very good of him to entertain us so eloquently with stories about his misfortunes.


有这么多故事听 谁还要看小说?
With such narratives to hand, who would read novels?


但我相信达西先生 确实对他非常残忍,爸爸
But I believe he has been treated contemptibly by Mr Darcy, father.


I dare say he has. Though Darcy may be no more of a black-hearted villain
我想是的,丽西 虽然达西先生的黑心恶行

不过是有钱人的一贯作风

than your average rich man, used to his own way.

It behoves us all to take very careful thought

我们批评别人之前 最好还是三思而后行

before pronouncing an adverse judgement on any of our fellow men.


Lord!
天啊

I feel very sorry for poor Mr Wickham.

我很替可怜的威卡先生难过

And so becoming in his regimentals!

他穿军服真好看

I remember the time when I liked a red coat myself well enough.

记得当年 我也很喜欢看红外套


And I do still in my heart.
现在我心里还是很喜欢


用不着这样笑,丽西小姐
And there's no need to smile like that, Miss Lizzy!


虽然威卡先生很喜欢你 我相信你不配得到他的情意
Though Mr Wickham has taken a fancy to you, I'm sure you've done nothing to deserve it,


after your dealings with Mr Collins! Well, it is all in vain, it will all come to nothing!
毕竟你曾经 对科林斯先生这么无情

不过这到头来都是一场空

The poor young man! If only he had five or six thousand a year,

可怜的年轻人 若他一年有5,6千磅收入

我乐意 把任何一个女儿嫁给他

I'd be happy to see him marry any of the girls!

But nothing turns out the way it should.

但一切都事与愿违


我们都寄予厚望的宾莱先生
And now Mr Bingley, of whom we all had such expectations, is gone off forever!

再也不会回来了


什么?
What?

I've heard again from Caroline Bingley.

我又收到卡洛琳宾莱的信


现在他们很确定 会在伦敦过冬
It's now definite that they will stay in town for the whole winter.


我不敢相信
I cannot believe it.


这是真的
It is true.

Come now, Jane, take comfort.

好了,瑾,别难过


除了嫁人 姑娘家最喜欢偶尔为情所困
Next to being married, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.


什么时候轮到你

,丽西?
When is it your turn, Lizzy? You can't be long outdone by Jane,

你受不了老是输给瑾吧


美乐顿有不少军官 足够伤尽每个小姑娘的心
when here are officers enough in Meryton to disappoint all the young ladies in the country.

就让威卡先生当你的情人吧

Let Wickham be your man. He's a pleasant fellow. He would jilt you creditably.

他是个讨人喜欢的家伙 会狠狠抛弃你的


谢谢 差一点的人我也满意了
Thank you, sir, but a less agreeable man would do. We must not all expect Jane's good fortune.

我们不能指望像瑾那样好命


的确 但你也应该感到安慰
True, but it is a comfort to think... that whatever of that kind may befall you,

一旦这种事发生到你头上 你有个热心的母亲

you have an affectionate mother who will always make the most of it.

会拼命替你撮合

I don't know what will become of us all, indeed I do not!

不知道我们将来怎么办? 我真的不知道


And I cannot bear to think of Charlotte Lucas being mistress of this house!
我不敢想像夏洛蒂洛克斯 当这屋子的女主人


我得被迫让位给她
That I should be forced to make way for her, and see her take my place!

眼睁睁看她代替我的位置

My dear, don't give way to such gloomy thoughts. Let us hope for better things.

亲爱的,别这么悲观

我们不妨乐观一点


运气好的话 说不定我会比你长命
Let us flatter ourselves that I might outlive you.


You mustn't be anxious for me, Lizzy.
你千万不要替我担忧,丽西

He will be forgot,

我会忘记他的


我们也会想以前一样被遗忘
and we shall all be as we were before.


可是我会记得他是…
But, I may remember him as...


..the most amiable man of my acquaintance.
我所认识最和蔼的一个人

That is all.

仅仅如此


我无须奢望也无须害怕
I have nothing either to hope or fear...


也无须责怪于他
..and nothing to reproach him with. At least I have not had that pain.

至少我还没有那么痛苦


My dear Jane.
亲爱的瑾

你太善良了 你甜美无私宛如天使

You're too good. Your sweetness and disinterestedness are truly angelic.

别笑我,丽西 我不是笑你

- Don't tease me, Lizzy. - Indeed I do not tease you.


我真心爱的人不多 看得起的人更少
There are few people whom I really love, and even fewer of whom I think well.

对这个世界看得越多 我就越不满

The more I see of the world, the more I am dissatisfied with it.


瑾,如果你到伦敦去呢?
Jane, what if you were to go to town?

我相信卡地那舅舅和舅母

Aunt and Uncle Gardiner would gladly take you with them to Gracechurch Street after Christmas.

一定很乐意在圣诞节后 带着你回格雷斯查奇街


你为什么 要我到伦敦去

,丽西?
- Why would you have me go to London, Lizzy? - No reason.

不为什么

换换环境和社交圈罢了

A change of scene and society?


Why are you so late?
你们怎么这么晚?


我还怕你们马车翻了 或是碰上了强盗
I'm sure I feared your coach had overset itself, or you had been attacked by robbers!


Nonsense, we made good time. How do you do, Fanny?
胡说,我们一路上 都很开心,你好吗?

糟透了,爱德华,糟透了

Very ill, Edward. No one knows what I suffer with my nerves.

谁也不知道我心里多烦


但我从不抱怨
- But then I never complain. - That's the best way, Fanny. You're very good.

这样是最好的了 芬妮,你真好

- Have you brought us some presents? - I see you've not changed, Lydia.

你们带了什么给我们 带了礼物吗?

丽笛亚

你一点都没变,丽笛亚

- Why, have I not grown? - Aye, in everything but good sense.

我没长大吗? 是长大了,还是这么傻气


瑾,丽西
Lizzy!


你们进来吧
Get yourselves in, get yourselves in, for you have barely time for a change of clothes!

你们没时间换衣服了


我们今晚受邀到菲力普家
We are bidden to the Philips' this evening. I have no desire to be going here and there at night.

天知道 我晚上根本不想到处乱跑

我宁可坐在家里养养心神

I should much rather sit at home and rest my poor nerves.


# God rest ye merry gentlemen, Let nothing you dismay,

# Remember Christ our Saviour Was born on Christmas Day,

# To save us all from Satan's pow'r...

(SONG CONTINUES IN THE BACKGROUND)

Aye, poor Jane. I would not have you think I blame poor Jane at all!
可怜的瑾

你们可别以为 我有责怪瑾的意思

Who could blame poor Jane for the matter? She is the dearest girl in the world!

这件事谁能怪可怜的瑾呢

她是世上最甜美的女孩了

我跟妹妹卡地那太太说过 她已经尽力了

I was telling our dear sister, Mrs Gardiner, she did her best.


要是有可能 她早就嫁给宾莱先生了
- She would have got Bingley if she could. - She did her best, and no one could do more.

她会的她尽了力 谁也没办法比上她了


不过,弟妹,我一想到丽西
But, oh, sister, when I think about Lizzy!


一定很叫人难过,姐姐
- It must be very hard, sister. - It is very hard.

是很不好受,她本来可能 已经做了科林斯太太

- She could have been Mr Collins' wife by now! - That would have given you such comfort!

照至少还能给你一点安慰

Oh, those Lucases are such artful people indeed. They are all for what they can get!

洛克斯家一家真是狡猾

能到手的绝不放过


你们这时候来再好不过了
However, your coming just at this time is the greatest of comforts.


我们很高兴听你说 最新流行的长袖衣服

And we are very pleased to hear what you tell us about the latest fashions for long sleeves.


容我向您介绍 威卡先生,姨妈
May I present Mr Wickham to you, Aunt?


听说您是德贝夏郡人 威卡先生
I understand you come from Derbyshire, Mr Wickham.


是的,夫人
- Indeed I do, ma'am. Do you know the country? - Very well.

你对那里很熟吗?

很熟

我一生最快乐的几年 是在兰顿渡过的

I spent some of the happiest years of my life at Lambton.


那儿离我长大的地方 不到5哩
Not five miles from where I grew up, at Pemberley!

潘巴利 潘巴利

Pemberley! Surely it is the most handsome house in Derbyshire, and consequently in the world!

当然,潘巴利 是德贝夏郡最雄伟的宅院

也就是全世界最雄伟的宅院


我的看法和您相同,夫人
I see you take my view of things, ma'am.

您认识那家人吗?

- Are you acquainted with the family? - No.

不,不认识


我有幸 得老达西先生的照养长大
I had the good fortune to be the protégé of old Mr Darcy.


他是最好的人了 卡地那太太
He was the very best of men. I wish you'd known him.

真希望你认识他

4点,我打完了

And a four on yours, and I'm out! Lord, I've won again!

天啊!我又赢了


我们来跳舞吧 我好想跳舞
Let's have some dancing now. I long for a dance!


梅莉
Mary!


梅莉,弹支舞曲
Mary, play Grimstock.


Capital! Capital!
太好了


她们可不都是好姑娘吗 卡地那先生
- Fine girls, are they not, Mr Gardiner? - Indeed they are, Sir William.

没错威廉爵士


尤其是最大的两个
- The two eldest in particular, perhaps? - Indeed, indeed.

没错,我想圣詹姆士宫 也会因她们增添光彩

They would grace the court of St. James itself! But let's not forget the younger Miss Bennets!

但我们别忘了3位小贝纳小姐


她们永远都少不了舞伴
Aye, they have arms and legs enough between them,

也是英国 最傻气的3个女孩

and are three of the silliest girls in England.


你什么时候到肯特郡?
When do you go into Kent?

我们会在洛克斯居 渡过新婚之夜

We shall spend the wedding night at Lucas Lodge, and then travel to Hunsford on Friday.

然后星期五启程到亨斯佛村


你会写信给我吧,丽西?
You will write to me, Lizzy? I believe I am not likely to leave Kent for some time.

我想我暂时不能离开肯特郡

希望常收到你的来信

- I shall depend on hearing from you very often. - That you certainly shall.

放心吧 家父和梅莉亚三月会来看我

My father and Maria are to come to me in March. Lizzy, will you promise to be one of the party?

丽西 你跟他们一起来好吗?

- You will be as welcome as either of them. - Then how could I refuse?

真的,我会像 欢迎家人一样

欢迎你

那我怎能拒绝?

但你一定要保证让我一瞥 罗新斯园著名的壁炉台

But I'll only come if you guarantee me a glimpse of the famous chimney piece at Rosings Park!

我想你很难错过

That you could scarcely avoid, even if you wished to!

就算你不想看也难


夏洛蒂
(MARIA): Charlotte!


你问了她没有,夏洛蒂?
Have you asked her? Is she to come to Hunsford with us?

她要跟我们到亨斯佛村吗?

要 太好了

- Yes. - Good!

I shan't be half so frightened of Lady Catherine if you are with us, Lizzy!

有你在,我就不会 这么害怕看见德波夫人了

和威卡先生跳舞那女的是谁

Who is that girl dancing with Mr Wickham?

她叫梅莉金

Her name is Mary King. She's come to stay with her uncle in Meryton.

来美乐顿看叔叔的


她不怎么美,不是吗?
- She's not very pretty, is she? - Beauty is not the only virtue, Maria.

美丽不是唯一的优点 梅莉亚

就我所知 她刚继承一万磅的遗产

She's just inherited a fortune of 10,000 pounds, I understand.

这是不折不扣的优点

Now that is a definite virtue!


(MOTHER): It is very hard. And I feel sorry for Lizzy, because she's done little to deserve it.
不,这太叫人难过了 我很替丽西难过

虽然她也不配得到威卡的爱


威卡先生 一路追梅莉金小姐到巴内特
(LYDIA): For Wickham to pursue Miss King all the way to Barnet, just for her 10,000 pounds!

就是为了她的一万磅


我希望 有人死了留给我一万磅
(KITTY): I wish someone would die and leave me 10,000 pounds.

那每个军官 都会疯狂爱上我了

- (KITTY): Then all the officers would love me! - (MOTHER): I'm sure they would, Kitty dear.

我相信会的,凯蒂 他们一定会的


你觉得她漂亮吗,妈妈?
- (KITTY): Did you think her pretty, mamma? - No indeed, she has nothing to any of you.

老实说,她比不上你

又矮又长雀斑 可怜的威卡,他一定很痛苦

(LYDIA): A little short freckled thing! Poor Wickham. How he must be suffering.


一月12日
(JANE): January the 12th.

亲爱的丽西

My dearest Lizzy, here We continue at Gracechurch Street to be quiet and comfortable.

我们在格雷斯查奇街 继续安宁闲适度日


舅舅舅母对我极为疼惜关心
Aunt and Uncle could not be kinder or more attentive.

All I lack here, dear Lizzy, is you, to make me laugh at myself.

亲爱的丽西,我唯一欠缺的

就是没有你来让我发笑


你没忘记三星期前 姨妈要到宾莱家那一带
Three Weeks ago, When our Aunt Was going to that part of toWn,

我趁机到葛罗斯文诺街 拜访宾莱小姐

I took the opportunity of calling on Miss Bingley in Grosvenor Street.


我很急着再见卡洛琳
I Was very eager to see Caroline again. And I thought she Was glad to see me,



我以为她很高兴见到我


虽然有点意兴阑珊
though a little out of spirits. She reproached me for giving her no notice of my coming to London,

她责怪我来伦敦没通知她

and I thought it very strange that both my letters should have gone astray.

我还奇怪 我写的两封信居然都寄丢了


的确很奇怪
Very strange indeed.


我没多久就走了
My visit Was not long, as Caroline and Mrs Hurst Were going out.

因为卡洛琳和赫斯特太太 要出门

再见,贝纳小姐

Goodbye, Miss Bennet.

但她们一再保证一两天后 就到格雷斯查奇街来看我

They promised to call at Gracechurch Street in a day or tWo.


我每天早上在家等了3星期
I Waited at home every morning for three Weeks,

最后

and at length, today she came.

她今天终于来了


我知道,亲爱的丽西
I knoW, my dear Lizzy, you Will be incapable of triumphing at my expense,

你不会幸灾乐祸

我承认我完全看错了 宾莱小姐对我的情谊

When I confess I have been entirely deceived in Miss Bingley's regard for me.


她表示得很清楚 她不想见到我
She made it very evident that she took no pleasure in seeing me.


当我问候她哥哥的近况
When I asked after her brother, she made it clear that he knoWs of my being in toWn,

她明白表示 他知道我在伦敦

但正忙着陪伴 达西先生和他的妹妹

but is much engaged at present With Mr Darcy and his sister.


我只得断定
I must conclude then,

宾莱先生不再喜欢我了

that Mr Bingley noW no longer cares for me.


丽西,快来
Lizzy! Come quick! Denny and Carter are here.

丹尼和卡特来了

你猜还有谁?

And guess who else? Wickham!

是威卡


我听说你要到肯特郡
I heard you were going into Kent. I felt I could not let you go without calling to see you once.

觉得应该在你走之前 登门跟你道别

我很高兴你来了 我很怀念跟你的谈话

I'm very glad you did. I've missed our conversations.


我要恭喜你 就快跟金小姐订婚了
I hear I am to congratulate you on your forthcoming betrothal to Miss King?


我想你一定看不起我
You must despise me.

其实没有,相信我

Indeed I do not! I understand, as my younger sisters are not yet able to,

我了解一件妹妹不懂的事

年轻男子无论英俊与否 一样得为五斗米打算

that handsome young men must have something to live on, as well as the plain ones.


贝纳小姐
Miss Bennet...

我希望你相信

..I would wish you to believe me that... had circumstances been different...

如果情况不同的话

如果老达西先生没有儿子

Had old Mr Darcy never had a son.

是的

Oh, yes.

不过我妹妹梅莉常提醒我们 生命充满考验

But life is full of these trials, as my sister Mary r

eminds us daily.


我真心希望你幸福快乐
I sincerely wish you every happiness in the world.


你很宽宏大量
- You are very forbearing. - I flatter myself I am!

这不是我自夸


我想瑾会以我为荣的
I think Jane would be quite proud of me.


我希望我们俩至少…
I hope you and I, at least, will always be good friends.

可以永远当好朋友


我相信会的,威卡先生
I'm sure we shall, Mr Wickham.


丽西
(FATHER): Well, Lizzy, on pleasure bent again.

又要去找乐子了


没想过你不在时 可怜的父母会多伤心
Never a thought of what your poor parents will suffer in your absence?

爸爸,我想你知道 我不去找这乐子也无妨

It is a pleasure I could well forego, father, as I think you know.

但我再见到夏洛蒂会很开心

But I shall be happy to see Charlotte.

见你表哥科林斯先生呢? 见著名的德波夫人呢?

What of your cousin Mr Collins and the famous Lady Catherine de Bourgh?

我身为人类愚行的鉴赏家

As a connoisseur of human folly, I thought you impatient to be savouring these delights.

该认为你是 急着去品尝这些乐趣

我相信有些乐趣 是可以细水长流的

Of some delights, I believe, sir, a little goes a long way.



Yes. Well, think of me, Lizzy.

要,想我,丽西

在你或你姐姐瑾回来之前

Until you or your sister Jane return, I shall not hear two words of sense spoken together.

我不会再听到 一句有头脑的话


我会很想你的亲爱的
You'll be very much missed, my dear.


很好
Very well, very well. Go along then. Get along with you.

去吧,快滚吧


是,梅莉亚
Aye, Maria. All that land to the left of us belongs to Rosings Park.

我们左边的地方 都属于罗新斯园

全都是

All of it? Oh, Lady Catherine must be very rich indeed!

德波夫人一定很有钱

我相信是的

I believe so, I believe so! And she has many favours in her gift.

而且她乐善好施

你姐姐能很幸运能结这门亲

Your sister has made a fortunate alliance!



(SIR WILLIAM): Yes, well,

我想再转个弯就道亨斯佛村

I believe the next turn takes us on to Hunsford.


威廉爵士
Sir William! Maria!

梅莉亚

伊丽莎柏表妹

Cousin Elizabeth.

I am truly honoured to be able to welcome you to my humble abode!

各位光临寒舍真是蓬荜生辉


岳父大人 好女婿
- My dear Sir! - My dear Mr Collins!


I am deeply honoured to make a humble welcome to the Parsonage...
很荣幸能欢迎各位 驾临寒舍牧师公馆


我能在这里迎接各位…

我很高兴见到你,伊丽莎柏 我也很高兴见到你
- I am happy to see you, Elizabeth. - And I you.


不是我自夸,这楼梯
The staircase, I flatter myself, is eminently suitable for a clergyman in my pos

ition,

对我这种地位的神职人员 是在适合也不过了

既不太浅也不太陡

being neither too shallow nor too steep.

是我见过相当好用的楼梯

As serviceable a staircase as I've ever seen, sir. At St. James' Court...

在圣詹姆士宫… 可比不上罗新斯园那些楼梯

Though it is nothing to the staircases you will see at Rosings.

我说那些楼梯 是因为那里有不少楼梯

I say staircases, because there are several, and each in its way very fine.

每个都非常精致

And here, if you would permit me, cousin Elizabeth.

请容我为你服务 伊丽莎柏表妹


这间就是你在这里的卧房
This will be your bedchamber, while you are with us.


相信你会觉得非常舒适方便
And I trust you will find it comfortable and convenient.

这房间的确很宜人 看到衣柜没有,表妹?

- Indeed it is a very pleasant room. - Observe that closet, cousin Elizabeth.

你觉得怎么样?

- What do you say to that? - Well...

这可不是完全符合 实用和方便的精神?

Is it not the very essence of practicality and convenience?

这要感谢德波夫人

Lady Catherine de Bourgh herself was kind enough to suggest that these shelves be fitted.

好心向我建议把架子 装成你现在看到的样子


在衣柜装架子
Shelves in the closet... Happy thought indeed.

这倒是个好点子

她真是太好心了

She is kindness itself. Nothing is too small to be beneath her notice, is it not, my dear?

多小的事都逃不过她的眼睛

对不对亲爱的 她这位邻居非常热心

- She is a very attentive neighbour. - We dine at Rosings Park twice every week!

我们每周都到罗新斯园晚餐

她从不让我们走路回家

- And are never allowed to walk home. - That is generosity itself, is it not, Maria?

她真是太慷慨了 不是吗,梅莉亚?

夫人的马车经常让我们使用

Her ladyship's carriage is regularly ordered for us.

其实应该说是其中一辆 因为她有好几辆马车

I should say one of her ladyship's carriages, for she has several.

现在,威廉爵士

And now, Sir William, you were kind enough to express a wish to see my gardens.

您说过想看看我的花园


科林斯先生亲自照料花园 每天要花不少时间在上面
Mr Collins tends the gardens himself, and spends a good part of every day in them.


劳动必定有益身心 是的
- The exercise must be beneficial. - Oh, yes.

我鼓励他尽可能待在花园里

I encourage him to be in his garden as much as possible.


他几乎每天都要 走路到罗新斯园
- And he has to walk to Rosings nearly every day. - So often? Is that necessary?

这么频繁?

有这个必要吗? 应该没有

Perhaps not, but I confess I encourage him in that as well.

但我承认 我还是鼓励他天天去


走路

非常有益身心 的确不错
- Walking is very beneficial exercise. - Oh, indeed it is.


他在家时几乎都待在书房
When he's in the house, he is mostly in his book room,

只要德波夫人的马车驶过 他可从窗口看得一清二楚

which affords a good view of the road, whenever Lady Catherine's carriage should drive by.

而你喜欢坐在起居室 对

- And you prefer to sit in this parlour? - Yes.


经常一整天过去 我们在一起不过几分钟
So, it often happens that a whole day passes

in which we haven't spent more than a few minutes in each other's company.

这样…

I see.

我发现我很喜欢独处

I find that I can bear the solitude very cheerfully.

我发现我自己…

I find myself...

对现状很满意,丽西

..quite content with my situation, Lizzy.


亲爱的夏洛蒂,快来 怎么了,亲爱的?
- (COLLINS): Charlotte, come quickly! - (CHARLOTTE): What is it?

丽西

(MARIA): Lizzy! Lizzy!


快到餐厅来 这下可大开眼界了
Come into the dining room. There's such a sight to be seen! Make haste!

快点


看,丽西,看
Look, Lizzy, look!


就这样
Is this all? I expected the pigs had got into the garden!

我还以为 至少是猪群跑进花园来了

原来只不过是德波夫人母女

- Here's only Lady Catherine and her daughter. - No, that's old Mrs Jenkinson.

不,那是老杰金生夫人 不是德波夫人

不过她身边的是安德波小姐

- With her is Miss Anne de Bourgh! - She's rude to keep Charlotte out in this wind!

让夏洛蒂在外面吹风 真是太没礼貌了

她身体真是弱小

- What a little creature she is! - I like her appearance.

我喜欢她的模样

一脸病容,脾气又差 对,这样很好

She looks sickly and cross. Yes, she will do very well.

She'll make him a proper wife.

当他的太太最适合了

谁啊丽西

Who, Lizzy?


园丁和花匠不下于32个

注意,窗户总共有64扇呢
(COLLINS): Mark the windows.

There are 64 in all. 64!

可靠人士告诉我光是安装费 就花了6百磅之多

And I have it on good authority that the glazing alone originally cost in excess of 600 pounds!

这栋房子真是豪华地点又好

It's a very handsome building, and prettily situated, sir.

而且窗子够多

And by no means lacking in windows.


请不要觉得不自在伊丽莎柏表妹
Do not make yourself uneasy, my dear cousin, about your apparel.

德波夫人不会要求我们 像她们母女那样衣着优雅

Lady Catherine is far from requiring that elegance of dress, which becomes herself and her daughter.

她不会 因衣着简朴而看不起人

She won't think the worse of you for being simply dressed.

她喜欢用衣着彰显身分

- She likes to preserve the distinction of rank. - Thank you, Mr Collins, that is a great comfort

.

谢谢,科林斯先生 那我就放心了

你找药剂师就可以了

(LADY CATHERINE): An apothecary will serve your needs quite adequately.

记住,一定要找尼克逊 科林斯太太

Make sure it be no one but Nicholson, Mrs Collins.

要是找别人我可会很生气的

I shall be extremely angry if I hear you have gone elsewhere.

我向您保证 我绝无此意,德波夫人

- I have no intention to, Lady Catherine. - No indeed. No intention at all.

绝无此意…

那就好

Well.


你的朋友看来是位有教养的 美丽姑娘,科林斯太太
Your friend appears to be quite a genteel pretty sort of girl, Mrs Collins.

据我所知,科林斯先生 将继承她父亲的产业

Her father's estate is entailed on Mr Collins, I understand.

是的,夫人,相信我…

Yes, ma'am, and I am, believe me...

你有兄弟姐妹吗 贝纳小姐?

Do you have brothers and sisters, Miss Bennet?

有家里有五姐妹 我排行第二

- Yes, ma'am, I am the second of five sisters. - Are any of your younger sisters out?

你的妹妹都出来社交了吗?

是,夫人,全都出来社交了 全部?

- Yes, ma'am, all of them. - All?


什么?五姐妹一起出来?
What? All five out at once?


姐姐还没嫁人 妹妹就出来社交了?
The younger ones out before the older are married?


你最小的妹妹一定很小吧
Your youngest sisters must be very young?

是的,我么妹不满16岁

Yes, ma'am, my youngest is not sixteen.


这样…
Well!


她现在出来社交是嫌太小
She is full young to be out much in company.

不过,夫人,老实说 我觉得这样对妹妹太苛刻

But really, ma'am, I think it would be hard upon younger sisters,

因为姐姐不能或不打算早嫁 就剥夺她们应有的社交和娱乐

that they not have their share of society and amusement,

simply because their elder sisters have not the means or inclination to marry early.

威廉爵士,您不同意吗?

Sir William, wouldn't you agree?

这个…

- Well... - (LADY CATHERINE): Upon my word!

老实说 你这么年轻就这么有主见

You give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person!


请问你多大了?
Pray, what is your age?

我底下三个妹妹都长大了 您可别指望我透露年龄

With three younger sisters grown up, your ladyship can hardly expect me to own it.

贝纳小姐,你顶多20岁

Miss Bennet, you cannot be more than twenty, I am sure.

所以用不着隐瞒年龄

Therefore there is no need to conceal your age!

我不是21岁

I am not one and twenty.


科林斯太太
Mrs Collins, did I tell you of Lady Metcalf's calling on me yesterday

我说过麦卡夫太太昨天来 谢我送波普小姐到她那儿吗

to thank me for sending her Miss Pope? ''Lady Catherine,'' said she,

她说:“德波夫人 你真给了我一

个宝藏”

''you have given me a treasure.'' Yes!

没错


没错
Yes.


真美
It is beautiful.

我想我会和你一样 喜欢这些山林的,夏洛蒂

I could grow almost as fond of these woods and hills as you have.

丽西

Lizzy?

我们来了三星期

We have been here three weeks, and already we have dined at Rosings Park six times!

已经在罗新斯园 吃了6次晚餐

我根本没想到有会这么多次 我也没想到

- I would never have expected it to be so many! - No, nor I.

亲爱的

(COLLINS): My dear!


梅莉亚,伊丽莎柏表妹
Maria! Cousin Elizabeth!


达西先生到罗新斯园了
Mr Darcy is arrived at Rosings!

还带了他的堂哥

And with him his cousin, Colonel Fitzwilliam! The younger son of the Earl of Matlock!

菲茨威廉上校 麦洛克伯爵的么儿

这两位给了我们天大的面子

They have vouchsafed us the greatest honour. They are coming to call upon us!

要到牧师公馆来拜访我们

就是现在,科林斯太太 就是现在

- When, my dear? - Even now, Mrs Collins!


他们就紧跟在我后头,快点
They're hard upon my heels! Make haste!

我想都是因为你,丽西

This must be due to you. Mr Darcy wouldn't come so soon to wait upon me.

不然达西先生绝不会 这么快就来拜访我们

你弄错了,夏洛蒂 我知道我们对彼此都没好感

You're mistaken, for he dislikes me as much as I do him.

快点

Make haste! Make haste!


我很高兴终于能认识你 贝纳小姐
- Delighted to make your acquaintance at last! - At last, sir?

终于…

我听说很多你的事 我保证那些赞美都名符其实

I've heard much of you, and the praise hasn't been exaggerated.

我相信达西先生 对我的批评比别人都严厉

I can well believe that. Mr Darcy is my severest critic.


希望我们在此逗留期间 可以常在罗新斯园见到你
I hope we shall see you frequently at Rosings.

我喜欢活泼健谈的人

- I'm fond of lively conversation. - This you do not find at Rosings Park?

罗新斯园没有这种人吗?

我姨妈说话不少 但很少让人回答

My aunt does talk a great deal, but seldom requires a response.


我那位朋友 来肯特郡很少说话
My friend speaks hardly a word when he comes into Kent, though he's lively in other places.

虽然他在别处都很健谈

没有人弹琴,没有人唱歌

Nobody plays, nobody sings.

我想你会弹琴唱歌吧 贝纳小姐

- I believe you play and sing? - A little, and very ill.

会一点但学艺不精

- I wouldn't wish to excite your anticipation. - I'm sure you're too modest.

您不会想听的

我相信你这是谦虚

但我向你保证 任何消遣我都衷心欢迎

Any relief would be profoundly welcome.


你能否告诉我 达西先生为何老盯着我瞧
Can yo

u tell me why Mr Darcy keeps staring at me? What do you think offends him?

我说了什么冒犯他的话?


我希望你家人身体安康 多谢问候,他们都好
- I hope your family is in good health. - I thank you, yes.


家姐到伦敦3个月了 您一直没机会去看她吗?
My sister has been in town these three months. Have you not seen her?


没有
No.

还没这份荣幸

No, I have not had that pleasure.


你看 达西先生和我交情并不好
- Mr Darcy and I are not the best of friends. - I'm surprised.

听你这么说我很惊讶

为什么?

Why should you be? I always believe in first impressions,

我一向相信第一印象

凡事一旦遭他唾弃 也永世不得翻身

and his good opinion once lost, is lost forever.


所以你看这是没指望的事 不是吗,菲茨威廉上校?
So you see, it is a hopeless case, is it not, Colonel Fitzwilliam?


贝纳小姐,除非多加练习 否则你的琴艺永远难精
You will never play really well, Miss Bennet, unless you practise more.

你可以随时到罗新斯园来

(LADY CATHERINE): You may come to Rosings as often as you like,

弹杰金生太太房里的钢琴

and play on the pianoforte in Mrs Jenkinson's room.

她在那里不会打扰任何人

She would be in nobody's way in that part of the house.

谢谢夫人

Thank you, ma'am.

我看英国没几个人 比我更热爱音乐

There are few people in England, I suppose, who have more true enjoyment in music than myself.

或更懂得欣赏音乐

如果我学过

(LADY CATHERINE): Or a better taste.

琴艺应该很高超

And if I had ever learnt, I should be a true proficient.


安也一样
(LADY CATHERINE): And so would Anne.


您这样突然冒出来 是想吓我吗,达西先生?
Do you mean to frighten me, Mr Darcy, by coming in all this state to hear me?

但我不会被吓着的

别人越想吓唬我 我就越勇敢

I won't be alarmed.

My courage always rises with every attempt to intimidate me.


我知道你很喜欢口是心非
I know you find great enjoyment in professing opinions which are not your own.

你堂弟教你不要信我的话 菲茨威廉上校

Your cousin would teach you not to believe a word I say, Colonel Fitzwilliam.

他真是没风度,对不对?

- That is ungenerous of him, is it not? - It is indeed, Darcy!

没错,达西

还很不智 因为这会让我起报复之心

Impolitic too, for it provokes me to retaliate


and say somewhat of his behaviour in Hertfordshire, which may shock his relations.
说出他在赫特福郡的一些 可能吓坏他亲戚的言行

我不怕你

- I'm not afraid of you. - What can you accuse him of?

他有什么让你说的?

我很想知道 他在陌生人面前的举止

I should like to know how he behaves among strangers!

我第一次看见达西先生

是在一次舞会上

The first time I ever saw Mr Darcy was at a ball, where he danced only four dances,

他只跳了4支舞

虽然当时男士很少 不只一位女士缺少舞伴

though gentlemen were scarce, and more than one lady was in want of a partner.

我很抱歉让你难过 但事实如此

- I'm sorry, but so it was. - I can well believe it!

这倒不难相信 我不擅于向生人毛遂自荐

I fear I am ill qualified to recommend myself to strangers.


我们该问他为什么吗?
Shall we ask him why?

为什么一个有头脑 受过教育又见过世面的男人

Why a man of sense and education, who has lived in the world,

会不擅于向 陌生人毛遂自荐呢?

should be ill qualified to recommend himself to strangers?


I...

我不像有些人 天生容易和陌生人打成一片
I have not that talent which some possess, of conversing easily with strangers.


我的琴艺不如我希望的好
I do not play this instrument so well as I should wish to,

但我总认为那是我自己不好

but I have supposed that to be my own fault, because I would not take the trouble of practising!

因为我懒得练习


你说得一点都没错
You are perfectly right. You have employed your time much better.

你把时间花在更有用的地方

有幸听你弹琴的人 不会认为你有什么缺点

No one privileged of hearing you could think anything wanting.


我们都不会 在陌生人面前表现
We neither of us perform to strangers.


你们在说什么?
(LADY CATHERINE): What are you talking of? What are you telling Miss Bennet?

你跟贝纳小姐说什么 我非得知道不可

I must have my share in the conversation!

至于那女儿,体质孱弱 很少说话又无才艺

As for the daughter, she is a pale sickly creature With little conversation and no talent.


我很不想这么说女人 但事实如此
I'm sorry to be hard on any of our sex, but...

达西先生对她全无意思 对她和对别人一样不屑一顾

Mr Darcy shoWs no inclination for her, and treats her With the same indifference he shoWs everyone,

但德波夫人 显然决心招他当女婿

but Lady Catherine is determined to have him for a son-in-laW,

她可不是 轻易改变主意的女人

and she is not a Woman to be gainsaid.

(THE DOORBELL RINGS)


达西先生
Mr Darcy.


科林斯太太和梅莉亚 跟我表哥到亨斯佛村去了
Mrs Collins and Maria are just now gone into Hunsford village with my cousin.

早上家里只有我一个人

You find me all alone this morning, Mr Darcy.

请见谅我无意打扰你的清静

I beg your pardon. I would not wish to intrude upon your privacy.


我在写信 到伦敦给我姐姐瑾罢了
I was just writing a letter to my sister Jane in London.




你离开伦敦时 宾莱先生和他姐妹都好吧?
Mr Bing

ley and his sisters were well, I hope, when you left London?


好得很,多谢关心
Perfectly so, I thank you.

听说宾莱先生 不打算回尼德斐园


I understand Mr Bingley has not much idea for ever returning to Netherfield?
他以后应该不会常到那儿去

It is probable that he may spend little time there in the future.

若他不想常住,为了街坊 倒不如把那宅子退租算了

If so, it would be better for the neighbourhood that he give up the place.

只要有适合的房子可买 他很可能把那里给退了

I should not be surprised if he were to give it up, as soon as any eligible purchase offers.


这里似乎非常舒适
This seems a very comfortable house.

相信科林斯先生刚搬来时 德波夫人花了不少心思

Lady Catherine, I believe, did much to it when Mr Collins came.

我想是的

I believe she did. And she couldn't have bestowed her kindness on a more grateful recipient.

我也相信她的一番善心 找不到更懂得感激的人了


科林斯先生似乎娶到了 一位极贤慧的妻子
Mr Collins appears extremely fortunate in his choice of wife.

是的

Yes, indeed he is. Though seen in a prudential light, it is a good match for her as well.

虽然以谨慎的眼光来看

这对她也是一门好亲事


她一定很高兴 能嫁得离娘家这么近
It must be agreeable to her to live within easy distance of her family.

你说这叫近? 离了快50哩了

Easy distance? It's nearly fifty miles!

如果50哩都很好走呢 我会说这是很近的

What is fifty miles of good road? Yes, an easy distance.

远近不过是相对的说法

Near and far are relative terms. It is possible for a woman to be settled too near her family.

有人也许会觉得 这样离娘家太近了

没错

Yes, exactly.


我想你就不会希望 老是待在龙柏园附近吧
You would not wish to be always near Longbourn, I think.


我不再打扰你了
I shall trespass on your time no longer. Please convey my regards to Mrs Collins and her sister.

请代我 向科林斯太太和她妹妹致意


不,请留步
No, no, please don't trouble yourself.


贝纳小姐
- Miss Bennet! - Colonel Fitzwilliam.

菲茨威廉上校


我每年都会到园子里走走
I've been making the yearly tour of the Park. Shall we take this way together?

我们结伴同行好吗? 乐意之至

With pleasure.


你认识宾莱先生和他姐妹吗 不熟
- Do you know Mr Bingley and his sisters? - A little.

宾莱先生和蔼又有绅士风度

Bingley is a pleasant, gentleman-like man. He's a great friend of Darcy's.

他是达西先生的好友



Yes. Mr Darcy is uncommonly kind to Mr Bingley, and takes a prodigious deal of care of him.

达西先生对宾莱先生 好得不得了,又极为照顾

没错 我相信达西的确很照顾他


Yes, I believe Darcy does take care of him.

我…

I... I understand that he congratulates himself

他沾沾自喜最近全靠他劝阻 宾莱先生才没有草率结亲

on having saved Mr Bingley the inconvenience of a most imprudent marriage.


达西先生有说 他为何从中作梗吗?
Did Mr Darcy give his reasons for this interference?

据我所知 他对那位小姐很反对

I understand there were some very strong objections to the lady.

他凭什么反对?

And why was he to be the judge?

你认为他是多管闲事?

You're disposed to think his interference officious?

我不认为达西先生有权利 决定和操纵他朋友的幸福

I don't see what right Mr Darcy had to determine and direct in what way his friend was to be happy.

但就像你说的

But, as you say, we know none of the particulars.

细节我们并不清楚 可能他们双方感情不深

- Perhaps there was not much affection. - Perhaps not.

或许如此

但若是这样,我堂弟也就 没什么好炫耀了,不是吗?

But if that were the case, it lessens the honour of my cousin's triumph very sadly, don't you think?


可是贝纳小姐…你不舒服? 突然头痛
- Miss Bennet, are you unwell? - A sudden headache.


也许我今天走太多路了
Perhaps I have walked too far today.

我们抄近路回去吧

Let us take the shorter way back.


你确定,丽西?
You're sure? I would willingly stay at home with you, and brave all Lady Catherine's displeasure.

因为就算拼着冒犯德波夫人 我也宁愿在家陪你

亲爱的夏洛蒂 我求你想想…

My dear Charlotte, I beg you to consider...

我不要紧的

I shall be quite all right. It's only a headache. It will pass, and more speedily in quiet and solitude.

只是头痛,很快就没事了

而且我一个人静一静 会好得更快

我很确定 只要跟德波夫人说明原委

I am quite sure, when all the circumstances are explained to Lady Catherine,

她不会生气的

she will not be angry, for she has indeed such Christian generosity of spirit...

因为她有基督徒的慷慨精神

亲爱的,来不及了

- My dear, the time! - My dear! Why did you not say before?

亲爱的,你怎么不早说?

我数不清 夫人跟我郑重说了多少次

I cannot begin to count the occasions

on which her ladyship has impressed upon me the importance of punctuality...

我身为牧师 守时是极为重要的


(DOORBELL RINGS)

请原谅,希望你好一点了
Forgive me. I hope you are feeling better.


好多了,多谢关心
I am, thank you.


请坐
Will you not sit down?


我的挣扎都是白费的
In vain I have struggled. It will not do!


我已经无法压抑我的感情
My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.

你得让我告诉

你 我是多么热切地爱幕着你


我很清楚这样向你告白 显然是违背亲友的希望
In declaring myself thus I'm aware that I will be going expressly against the wishes of my family,

不用说也违背我的理智

my friends, and, I hardly need add, my own better judgement.

我们两家地位悬殊 结亲一定会被严厉谴责

The relative situation of our families makes any alliance between us a reprehensible connection.


我的理智也无法不这么想 但我没有办法
As a rational man I cannot but regard it as such myself, but it cannot be helped.

从我们刚认识开始 我就对你产生了…

Almost from the earliest moments, I have come to feel for you...


一份热切的爱幕和感情
..a passionate admiration and regard,


尽管不断挣扎 我的理性还是被打败了
which despite my struggles, has overcome every rational objection.


I beg you, most fervently, to relieve my suffering and consent to be my wife.
我必须热切地恳求你 解除我的痛苦,答应嫁给我


我相信碰上像这种情形 一般人都会表示感激
In such cases as these, I believe the established mode is to express a sense of obligation.


但我无法这么做
But I cannot.


我从来不曾渴求你的看重 而你这么做是心不甘情不愿
I have never desired your good opinion, and you have certainly bestowed it most unwillingly.


我很遗憾造成别人的痛苦 但我完全是无心的
I'm sorry to cause pain to anyone, but it was unconsciously done,

也希望很快会烟消云散

and I hope will be of short duration.


就是我所期望的回答?
And this is all the reply I am to expect?


我不明白 你为何如此不客气地拒绝我
I might wonder why, with so little effort at civility, I am rejected.

我也不明白 你既然想对我加以冒犯侮辱

I might wonder why, with so evident a desire to offend me,

却偏要告诉我 你喜欢我是违背你的意愿

you chose to tell me that you like me against your will, your reason, and even against your character!

违背你的理智 甚至违背你的人格

就算我不客气 这难道不是最好的理由

Was this not some excuse for incivility if I was uncivil?


我讨厌你是理所当然的
I have every reason in the world to think ill of you.

难道你以为我会接受一个 破坏我挚爱姐姐幸福的人?

What could tempt me to accept the man who has ruined the happiness of a most beloved sister?


这你能否认吗?
Can you deny that you have done it?

我不想否认

I have no wish to deny it.

我尽一切力量 把敝友和令姐拆散

I did everything in my power to separate my friend from your sister and I rejoice in my success.

而且很高兴我成功了

我对他比对我自己更好

Towards him I have been kinder than towards myself.

我对你的厌恶 不

只因为这件事

It's not merely that on which my dislike of you is founded.

之前我听到你怎样对待 威卡先生,就对你深恶痛绝

Long before, my dislike was decided when I heard Mr Wickham's story of your dealings with him.

这件事你怎么自圆其说?

- How can you defend yourself on that subject? - Such interest in that gentleman's concerns!

你对那位先生倒很关心

知道他的不幸遭遇 有谁能对他不关心?

Who that knows of his misfortunes, can help feeling an interest?

他的不幸遭遇 对,他的确是很不幸

His misfortunes! Yes, his misfortunes have been great indeed!

还有你对他的伤害

And of your infliction! You have reduced him to his present state of poverty,

你害他落得一贫如洗

还对他的不幸 加以轻视嘲笑

and yet you can treat his misfortunes with contempt and ridicule!


这就是你对我的看法
And this is your opinion of me?

这么算来 我的错还真不少

My faults by this calculation are heavy indeed.


但这些过失 本来也许能视而不见
Perhaps these offences might have been overlooked, had not your pride been hurt

全怪我坦承一直无法向你 求婚的原因,伤了你的自尊

by the confession of the scruples which long prevented my forming serious design on you.

如果我隐瞒自己的挣扎 一味讨好你就好了

Had I concealed my struggles and flattered you.

但我一向看不起作假的人

But disguise of every sort is my abhorrence.

我敢坦然说出我的想法 因为这些想法自然而正当

Nor am I ashamed of the feelings I related. They were natural.

难道你指望 我因你门第卑下而高兴

Did you expect me to rejoice in the inferiority of your connections?

沾沾自喜 能和门第悬殊的人家结亲

To congratulate myself on the hope of relations whose condition in life is so below my own?


你弄错了,达西先生
You are mistaken, Mr Darcy.

你这种表白方式 只让我不必因拒绝你而内疚

Your declaration merely spared me any concern for refusing you, had you been more gentleman-like.

因为你表现得 太没有绅士风度

不管你怎么向我求婚 我都不可能接受

You could not make me the offer of your hand in any way that would tempt me to accept it.

从一开始

From the beginning, your manners convinced me

你的言行举止就让我坚信 你为人既傲慢

of your arrogance, your conceit, and your selfish disdain for the feelings of others.

又自负

还自私地瞧不起别人的感情


我认识你不到一个月就觉得 男人死光了我也不会嫁给你
Within a month, I felt you were the last man whom I could ever marry!

你说得够多了,小姐

You've said quite enough, madam.

我已经明白了你的想法

I perfectly comprehend your feelings...


现在我只能 对自己的

相关文档