文档库 最新最全的文档下载
当前位置:文档库 › 傲慢与偏见中英对照字幕二

傲慢与偏见中英对照字幕二

傲慢与偏见中英对照字幕二
傲慢与偏见中英对照字幕二

“达西先生迫不急待地要去看看他的妹妹

"Mr Darcy is impatient to see his sister

我们也几乎同样热切地希望和她重逢

and we are scarcely less eager.

我认为乔治安娜·达西无论在容貌

I do not think Georgiana Darcy has her equal for beauty,

举止还是才艺方面都无人能及

elegance and accomplishment.

希望她以后会做我的嫂嫂”

I hope to call her hereafter my sister."

说得还不够清楚吗?

Is that not clear enough?

卡罗琳看出她哥哥爱上你

Caroline sees her brother in love with you

就把他带走,想方设法去说服他

and has taken him off to persuade him otherwise.

但是我知道她不可能想骗谁就骗谁

But I know her to be incapable of wilfully deceiving anyone.

看上去他好像真的不爱我了

It's more likely he does not love me.

他爱你。别放弃

He loves you. Do not give up.

去我们在伦敦的舅舅家

Go to our aunt and uncle's in London,

让他知道你在那,我敢肯定他会来看你的

Let it be known you are there and I am sure he will come to you. 请将我的爱赐予我的姐姐

Give my love to my sister

让我的爱不要成为她的负担,亲爱的

and try not to be a burden, dear.

可怜的吉英

Poor Jane.

然而,女孩子总是喜欢被爱

Still, a girl likes to be crossed in love now and then.

这起码可以给她一些事情去思考

It gives her something to think of

也可以使她觉得与其它同伴不同

and a sort of distinction amongst her companions.

我相信那会令她振奋起来的,爸爸

I'm sure that will cheer her up, Papa.

现在轮到你了,伊丽莎白

It's your turn now, Lizzie.

你已经拒绝了柯林斯

You've turned down Collins.

你现在是自由身了,自己成了甩别人的小姐了You're free to go off and be jilted yourself.

韦翰先生怎么样?

What about Mr Wickham?

他是一位不错的年轻人,相信也靠得住

He's a pleasant fellow and he'd do the job credibly. - 父亲... - 而且你有一个亲爱的母亲

- Father... - And you have an affectionate mother

她绝不会放弃这个机会的

who would make the most of it.

- 夏洛特!- 我亲爱的伊丽莎白

- Charlotte! - My dear Lizzie.

我来告诉你一个重要的消息

I've come here to tell you the news.

柯林斯先生和我...订婚了

Mr Collins and I are... engaged.

- 订婚了?- 是的

- Engaged? - Yes.

为了结婚的订婚?

To be married?

除此之外,还会有其他的类型的订婚么?

What other kind of engaged is there?

看在上天的份伊丽莎白,别那样看着我

For heaven's sake, Lizzie, don't look at me like that. 嫁给他和嫁给其他任何人对我来说都一样开心

I should be as happy with him as any other.

- 但是他的人十分荒谬- 噢,不要这么说

- But he's ridiculous. - Oh, hush.

并不是所有的人都能拥有浪漫

Not all of us can afford to be romantic.

他能给我一个舒适安全的家

I've been offered a comfortable home and protection. 值得我感激的已经够多了

There's a lot to be thankful for.

我已经岁了,我没有钱,也没什么前途

I'm years old. I've no money and no prospects.

我已经成了父母的包袱了

I'm already a burden to my parents.

而且,我害怕了

And I'm frightened.

所以,请不要评判我,伊丽莎白。别评判我

So don't judge me, Lizzie. Don't you dare judge me. 亲爱的夏洛特,谢谢你的来信

Dear Charlotte, thank you for your letter.

很高兴你对你的房子、家具以及舍路都满意

I'm glad the house, furniture and roads are to your taste,

也高兴得知那位凯瑟琳女士对你友好和蔼

and that Lady Catherine's behaviour is friendly and obliging.

你走了,吉英去了伦敦

What with your departure, Jane's to London

有趣的韦翰先生随民兵团去了北方

and the militia to the North with the colourful Mr Wickham,

我必须承现在我眼前的景色变得有点灰暗了

I must confess, the view from where I sit has been rather grey.

至于你的请求,根本算不上是请求

As for the favour you ask, it is no favour at all.

我会非常高兴尽早来探望你

I would be happy to visit you at your earliest convenience.

欢迎光临寒舍

Welcome to our humble abode.

为了我的健康,我的妻子鼓励我花点时间在花园里面

My wife encourages me to spend time in the garden for my health. 我想我们的客人在旅途后已经感到疲惫了

I think our guest is tired after her journey.

我计划了很多改进的方案

I plan many improvements.

我打算要去掉一些大树桩然后在走道旁种上酸橙树

I intend to throw out a bough and plant a lime walk.

说句自不量力的话

I flatter myself

任何一个年轻女士都会

that any young lady would be happy

为能成为这座房子的主妇而感到高兴的

to be the mistress of such a house.

在这里没人打扰

We shan't be disturbed here.

这间工作室是我专用的

This parlour is for my own particular use.

伊丽莎白,能打理自己的家真是件高兴的事情

Oh, Lizzie, it's such a pleasure to run my own home.

- 夏洛特,过来!- 发生什么事了?

- Charlotte, come here! - What's happened?

猪又跑了吗?噢,是凯瑟琳夫人

Has the pig escaped again? Oh, it's Lady Catherine.

过来看看,伊丽莎白

Come and see, Lizzie.

好消息

Great news.

凯瑟琳女士邀请我们去罗新斯花园

We received an invitation to Rosings from Lady Catherine. 实在太好了!

How wonderful!

千万不要为你的衣着担心

Do not make yourself uneasy about your apparel.

穿上你带来的最好的衣服就行了

Just put on the best you've brought.

凯瑟琳夫人从来都不会嫌弃简陋

Lady Catherine's never been averse to the truly humble.

全欧洲最非凡的景色之一

One of the most extraordinary sights in all of Europe.

光是玻璃窗就花了两万英镑

The glazing alone costs upwards of £.

跟着来,跟紧

Come along. Come along.

晚点我们会玩扑克牌

A little later we'll play cards.

尊贵的夫人

Your Ladyship.

德·包尔小姐

Miss de Bourgh.

那么,你是伊丽莎白·班纳特?

So, you are Elizabeth Bennet?

是的,尊贵的夫人

I am, your Ladyship.

这是我的女儿

This is my daughter.

感谢你邀请我们一同进餐

It's kind of you to ask us to dine.

单这地毯就起码要英镑

The rug alone cost upwards of £.

达西先生

Mr Darcy.

你怎么会在这里?

What are you doing here?

达西先生,没想到会有幸遇到你

Mr Darcy, I had no idea we had the honour.

伊丽莎白小姐,我是来这做客的

Miss Elizabeth, I'm a guest here.

你认识我的侄子?

You know my nephew?

是的,在赫特福德郡,我有幸遇见你的侄子

I had the pleasure of meeting your nephew in Hertfordshire.

我是费茨威廉上校你好

Colonel Fitzwilliam. How do you do?

柯林斯先生,你不能坐在你妻子的旁边

Mr Collins, you can't sit next to your wife.

换个位置,到那边去

Move. Over there.

哈维,我想你能不能给我那道鱼的菜...

Harvey, I wonder, could you get me the fish course...

我想你们一家身体都健康吧,伊丽莎白小姐?

I trust your family is in good health, Miss Elizabeth?

是的,谢谢

They are, thank you.

我大姐在伦敦,可能你在那里见过她了

My eldest sister is in London. Perhaps you saw her there.

我还未有幸能...

I haven't been fortunate enough...

你会弹钢琴吗,班纳特小姐?

Do you play the pianoforte, Miss Bennet?

只会一点点,夫人,弹得不怎么样

A little, ma'am, and very poorly.

你会绘画吗?

Do you draw?

不,一点都不会

No, not at all.

你的姐妹呢?她们会绘画吗?

Your sisters, do they draw?

没有一个会

Not one.

这倒很稀奇

That's very strange.

我猜你们是没机会学吧

I suppose you had no opportunity.

你们的母亲应该带你们去城里面投名师才对

Your mother should've taken you to town for the benefit of the masters. 我母亲是不会反对,可是我父亲讨厌城里

My mother wouldn't have minded, but my father hates town.

你们的女家庭教师走了吗?

Has your governess left you?

我们从来没有请过女家庭教师

We never had a governess.

没有女家庭教师?

No governess?

家里教养着五个女儿,却不请个女教庭教师?

Five daughters brought up at home without a governess?

我简直闻所未闻

I never heard such a thing.

你母亲亲自教育你们,一定累得如同奴隶一般

Your mother must've been a slave to your education.

凯瑟琳夫人,事实并非如此

Not at all, Lady Catherine.

你的妹妹们有没有哪一个已经出来参加社交了?

Your younger sisters, are they out in society?

- 有,太太,全都出来社交了- 全部?

- Yes, ma'am, all. - All?

什么,五个姐妹同时出来社交?真奇怪

What, all five out at once? That's very odd.

你排行第二

And you second.

姐姐还没嫁人,妹妹就出来社交?

The younger ones out before the elders are married?

你妹妹们一定还很小吧

Your youngest sisters must be very young.

是的,最小的还没到岁

Yes, my youngest is not .

如果年少的妹妹因为年长的姐姐

But it would be hard on younger sisters

没有结婚而不能进行社交活动

not to have their amusement because the elder is still unmarried.

这一点都不会增进姐妹感情

It would hardly encourage sisterly affection.

真想不到,你这么年轻,倒挺有主见啊

Upon my word, you give your opinion very decidedly for so young a person. 请问,你几岁啦?

Pray, what is your age?

我已经有了三个成人的妹妹

With three younger sisters grown up,

你老人家总不会再要我招出年纪来吧

you can hardly expect me to own to it.

过来,班纳特小姐,为我们弹奏一曲

Come, Miss Bennet, and play for us.

- 不,请饶了我吧- 音乐会使我高兴

- No, I beg you. - For music is my delight.

实际上目前在英国,没有几个人能像我一样

In fact, there are few people in England

真正欣赏音乐

who have more true enjoyment of music.

也没有人比我趣味更高

Or better natural taste.

我要是学了音乐,一定会成为一个名家

If I had ever learnt, I should've been a great proficient.

安娜要是身体好,也一定会成为一个名家的

So would Anne, if her health would've allowed her.

我不是假装谦虚,当我说我差的时候...

I'm not afflicted with false modesty, when I say I play poorly...

过来,伊丽莎白,尊贵的夫人要你弹

Come, Lizzie, her Ladyship demands it.

乔治安娜现在学得怎么样啦,达西?

How does Georgiana get along, Darcy?

- 她弹得非常好- 我希望她有常练习

- She plays very well. - I hope she practises.

卓越的技能无一例外需要持久的练习

No excellence can be acquired without constant practice.

我对柯林斯夫人说过

I've told Mrs Collins this.

虽然你没有琴,也十分欢迎你来罗新斯花园

Though you have no instrument, you're welcome to come to Rosings 在管家的房间里面弹钢琴

and play on the pianoforte in the housekeeper's room.

你在那里不会妨碍任何人

You'll be in nobody's way in that part of the house.

你这样走过来听,莫不是想吓唬我?

You mean to frighten me by coming in all your state to hear me.

尽管你妹妹的确演奏得很好,我也不怕

But I won't be alarmed, even if your sister does play so well.

就算想吓唬你,我知道是没法如愿的

I know that I cannot alarm you even should I wish it.

我的朋友在赫特福德郡表现得怎么样?

What was my friend like in Hertfordshire?

你真的想知道?

You really care to know?

我先得请你不要害怕

Prepare yourself for something very dreadful.

当我第一次见到他时,他不和任何人跳舞

The first time I saw him, he danced with nobody,

尽管男客很少

though gentlemen were scarce

当时在场的不少女客没有舞伴而闲坐一旁

and there was more than one lady without a partner.

当时舞会上除了自己人,我谁都不认识

I knew nobody beyond my own party.

舞会里是不兴请人介绍女伴的

Nobody can be introduced at a ball.

费茨威廉,过来

Fitzwilliam, I need you.

我没有那种本领

I do not have the talent

能跟新认识的人也谈笑风生

of conversing easily with people I have never met before. 也许你应该听从你姑妈的意见多练习

Perhaps you should take your aunt's advice and practise. 亲爱的吉英...

Dear Jane...

达西先生

Mr Darcy.

请,请坐

Please, do be seated.

柯林斯夫妇到村里去了

Mr and Mrs Collins have gone to the village.

这是座迷人的房子

This is a charming house.

我相信柯林斯先生初到这的时候

I believe my aunt did a great deal to it

凯瑟琳夫人一定在这上面费了好大一番心思吧

when Mr Collins first arrived.

我相信她的确费了一番心思

I believe so.

她的好心并没有白费

She could not have bestowed her kindness

因为没人能比柯林斯先生更感恩戴德了

on a more grateful subject.

- 需要为你叫一杯茶么?- 不用了,谢谢

- Shall I call for some tea? - No, thank you.

祝你愉快,伊丽莎白小姐,与你聊天很愉快

Good day, Miss Elizabeth, it's been a pleasure.

你对可怜的达西先生到底做了什么啊?

What on earth have you done to poor Mr Darcy?

我一点头绪都没有

I have no idea.

每个灵魂都需要安抚者

Every mind must have some counsellor

在悲痛中能安抚你

to whom it may apply for consolation in distress.

还有其他很多便利是别人能给予

There are many conveniences which others can supply

但是我们无法提供的

and we cannot procure.

以我的观点看来,那些便利

I have in view those objects

是需要通过交流来获得的...

which are only to be obtained through intercourse...

请原从友谊和礼节上的交流

Forgive me, through the intercourse of friendship or civility. 在那种情况下,骄傲的人主动与你接触

On such occasions, the proud man steps forth to meet you

不是出于他的诚恳

not with cordiality,

而是出于一个像对敌人般的怀疑...

but with the suspicion of one who reconnoitres an enemy... - 你打算住多久- 达西住多久我就住多久

- How long do you plan to stay? - As long as Darcy chooses. - 我得听他调遣- 看起来每个人都是如此

- I am at his disposal. - Everyone appears to be.

我不懂他为什么不还不结婚

I wonder he does not marry

结了婚不就可以有个人一辈子听他摆布了吗?

and secure a lasting convenience of that kind.

能成为达西太太,是件幸运的事

She would be a lucky woman.

真的吗?

Really?

达西是一个对同伴最忠诚的人

Darcy is a most loyal companion.

他最近才拯救了他的一个朋友

He recently came to the rescue of one of his friends.

发生了什么事?

What happened?

他把他的朋友从一门鲁莽的婚事中拯救出来

He saved him from an imprudent marriage.

那个人是谁?

Who's the man?

他最亲近的朋友,查尔斯·彬格莱

His closest friend, Charles Bingley.

达西先生有没有说,他为什么要管人家闲事?

Did Mr Darcy give a reason for this interference?

那位小姐有些条件不大够格

There were apparently strong objections to the lady.

什么条件?不富裕?

What kind of objections? Her lack of fortune?

我想是她的家庭被认为是门不当户不对的

I think it was her family that was considered unsuitable.

所以他就去拆散他们?

So he separated them?

我想是的,我就知道这些

I believe so. I know nothing else.

伊丽莎白小姐

Miss Elizabeth.

我实在没有办法撑下去了

I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.

这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨

These past months have been a torment.

我来罗新斯只是为了见你

I came to Rosings only to see you.

理智的想法和家族的期望阻挠着我

I have fought against judgement, my family's expectation,

你卑微的出身和我爵位的悬殊也令我迟疑不决

the inferiority of your birth, my rank.

但我要把这一切统统抛开,请你终结我的痛苦

I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.

- 我不明白你在说什么- 我爱你

- I don't understand. - I love you.

最真挚的爱

Most ardently.

请赐予我荣幸,接受我的手吧

Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.

先生,我感激你的挣扎

Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,

很抱歉引起你的痛苦

and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.

我完全是无心的

It was unconsciously done.

- 这就是你的回复?- 是的,先生

- Is this your reply? - Yes, sir.

- 你是在嘲笑我吗?- 不

- Are you laughing at me? - No.

你是在拒绝我?

Are you rejecting me?

我确信,你心中阶级的门槛会帮助你克服痛苦

I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it. 我能否问问,为什么我竟会遭受如此无礼的拒绝?

Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed?

那么我能否问问

I might enquire

为什么你说喜欢我是违背了你自己的理智?

why you told me you liked me against your better judgement?

若说我是无礼的

If I was uncivil,

那这就是我无礼的理由之一吧

then that is some excuse.

- 但我还有别的理由- 什么理由?

- But you know I have other reasons. - What reasons?

一个毁了我最亲爱的姐姐幸福的人

Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined 怎么会打动我的心去爱他呢?

the happiness of a most beloved sister?

你能否认你拆散了一对相爱的恋人

Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other,

让你的朋友被大家指责为朝三暮四

exposing your friend to censure for caprice

让我的姐姐被大家嘲笑为奢望空想

and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes,

让他们双方都受尽了痛苦?

involving them both in acute misery?

- 我并不否认- 你怎么能做出这样的事情?

- I do not deny it. - How could you do it?

我认为你姐姐觉得他无关紧要

I believed your sister indifferent to him.

我觉得他的爱要比她更多

I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.

那是因为她害羞!

That's because she's shy!

我说服彬格莱认为,她的感觉并不强烈

Bingley was persuaded she didn't feel strongly.

- 那都是你说的- 我这样做是为了他好

- Because you suggested it. - For his own good.

我姐姐连对我都不吐露她的心声

My sister hardly shows her true feelings to me.

我想你是担心她是看上了他的钱吧?

I suppose his fortune had some bearing?

我无意使你姐姐难堪

I wouldn't do your sister the dishonour.

- 有迹象表明... - 什么?

- It was suggested... - What was?

这门婚事明显是为了谋取利益的...

It was clear an advantageous marriage...

- 我姐姐给你那种印象?- 不!

- Did my sister give that impression? - No!

你姐姐没然而你的家人...

No. There was, however, your family...

你以为我们是为了攀高枝?

Our want of connection?

- 不,比那更甚- 怎样更甚,先生?

- No, it was more than that. - How, sir?

你母亲、你妹妹们还有你父亲有失身份的表现

The lack of propriety shown by your mother, younger sisters and your father. 请原谅我,你和你姐姐当然没有

Forgive me. You and your sister I must exclude from this.

那韦翰先生又是怎么回事?

And what about Mr Wickham?

韦翰先生?

Mr Wickham?

你对他的所作所为,又能给出什么借口?

What excuse can you give for your behaviour?

你对他倒是十分关心

You take an eager interest.

他告诉了我他的不幸遭遇

He told me of his misfortunes.

- 哦,他的确太不幸啦- 你毁了他

- Oh, they have been great. - You ruin his chances

现在还讥讽他

yet treat him with sarcasm.

这就是你对我的看法?

So this is your opinion of me?

谢谢,只怪我老老实实地

Thank you. Perhaps these offences

把我以前一误再误、迟疑不决的原因说了出来

might have been overlooked

所以伤害了你的自尊心

had not your pride been hurt

否则你也许就不会计较我得罪你的这些地方了

by my scruples about our relationship.

难道你指望我会为你那些微贱的亲戚而欢欣鼓舞吗?

I am to rejoice in the inferiority of your circumstances?

这像是个绅士说的话吗?

And those are the words of a gentleman.

你十足狂妄自大、自私自利、看不起别人

Your arrogance and conceit, your selfish disdain for the feelings of others

我早就想好了

made me realise

哪怕天下男人都死光了,我也不愿意嫁给你

you were the last man in the world I could ever marry.

请原谅,小姐,耽搁了你这么多时间

Forgive me, madam, for taking up so much of your time.

我是来给你这个的

I came to leave you this.

我不会再提起令你极度厌恶的感情

I shall not renew the sentiments which were so disgusting to you.

但请允许我把你对我的两个误会也说清楚

But if I may, I will address the two offences you have laid against me. 我父亲爱韦翰先生就像爱自己亲生儿子一样

My father loved Mr Wickham as a son.

父亲留给他一个富裕的生活

He left him a generous living.

但自从我父亲去世以后

But upon my father's death,

韦翰先生就声称他无意去受圣职

Mr Wickham announced he had no intention of taking orders.

他要了等值的财产

He demanded the value of the living,

然后把他的身家在数周内全部挥霍豪赌输光了

which he'd gambled away within weeks.

然后他就写信给我要更多的钱,遭到我的断然拒绝

He then wrote, demanding more money, which I refused.

从那以后,与他的联系就完全中断了

After which, he severed all acquaintance.

去年夏天,他回来找我们

He came back to see us last summer,

表示对我妹妹强烈爱慕

and declared passionate love for my sister,

我妹妹竟被他打动了心,答应要跟他私奔

whom he tried to persuade to elope with him.

妹妹她将会继承三万英镑的遗产

She is to inherit £.

但他得知自己从中得不到一个便士时

When it was made clear he would never receive a penny of it,

他马上就消失了

he disappeared.

无须赘言,当时的乔治安娜何等失望

I will not attempt to convey the depth of Georgiana's despair.

当时她才岁

She was years old.

至于另外一件事,关于你姐姐和彬格莱先生

As to the other matter, of your sister and Mr Bingley,

虽然我去干涉的动机不够充分

though the motives which governed me may appear insufficient,

但那是我作为他的朋友的一种义务

they were in the service of a friend.

伊丽莎白

Lizzie.

你还好么?

Are you all right?

我自己也不知道

I hardly know.

伊丽莎白,你现在能赶回来真是时候

Lizzie. How fortunate you have arrived.

你的舅舅和舅母把吉英从伦敦送回来了

Your aunt and uncle are here to deliver Jane from London. - 吉英怎样了?- 她现在在客厅

- How is Jane? - She's in the drawing room.

我已经完全忘却他了

I'm quite over him.

就算在街上和他擦肩而过,我都不会去注意

If he passed me in the street, I'd hardly notice.

伦敦充满了各种各样有趣的事物,这是真的

London is so diverting. It's true.

那里有很多消遣

There's so much to entertain.

在肯特郡,有什么消息啊?

What news from Kent?

没什么

Nothing.

起码没有什么可以让我消遣的

At least not much to entertain.

伊丽莎白,告诉妈妈!

Lizzie, tell Mama!

不要再小题大做了

Stop making such a fuss.

为什么费斯托太太不把我也邀请上?

Why didn't she ask me as well?

因为我是个更好的同伴

Because I'm better company.

- 怎么回事?- 我更合适

- What's the matter? - I've just as much right.

让我们都去吧

Let's all go.

丽迪雅被邀请去与费斯托家一同去布莱顿

Lydia's been invited to Brighton with the Forsters.

在海中沐浴将会使我更加美丽

Sea-bathing would set me up nicely.

我可以和军官们每晚一起共进晚餐

I shall dine with the officers every night.

爸爸,不要让她去

Papa, don't let her go.

丽迪雅不到公共场所之类的地方去出一出丑

Lydia will never be easy

是决不肯罢休的

until she'sexposed herself in some public place.

她这次要去出丑

And we could never expect her to do it

既不必花家里的钱又用不着家里麻烦

with so little inconvenience.

如果爸爸你不制止她

If you do not check her,

她会被挂上愚蠢的卖俏者的花名

she'll be fixed as the silliest flirt

弄得我们全家都惹人笑话的

who ever made her family ridiculous.

吉蒂也会一如既往地有样学样

And Kitty will follow, as always.

伊丽莎白,如果不让她去,我们将不得安宁

Lizzie, we shall have no peace until she goes.

原来这才是你关心的?

Is that really all you care about?

费斯托上校是个有见识的人

Colonel Forster is a sensible man.

他不会让她闯出什么祸事来的

He will keep her out of any real mischief.

她太穷,谁也不会看中她

And she's too poor to be an object of prey to anyone.

爸爸,但是这样做很危险

It's dangerous.

我肯定军官们会找到更中意的对象

I am certain the officers will find women better worth their while. 我们但愿她去了布莱顿以后

Let us hope, in fact, that her stay in Brighton

能意识到自己有多么渺小

will teach her her own insignificance.

她再坏也坏不到哪里去

At any rate, she can hardly grow any worse.

如果她真不行的话,我们就把她一辈子关在家里

If she does, we'd be obliged to lock her up for the rest of her life. 伊丽莎白,我们希望你和我们一起去

Lizzie, you're welcome to accompany us.

山顶区不同于布莱顿

The Peak District is not Brighton.

陆军军官都挺消瘦的,这可能会改变你的决定

Officers are thin on the ground which may influence your decision.

和我们一同去山区吧

Come to the Peak District with us,

伊丽莎白,去呼吸一下新鲜空气

Lizzie, and get some fresh air.

大自然的风光,人和山石岂可同日而语?

The glories of nature. What are men compared to rocks and mountains? 男人大多或傲慢或愚蠢

Men are either eaten up with arrogance or stupidity.

和蔼可亲的,必定又是没有主见

If they are amiable, they have no minds of their own.

注意你的言语,我亲爱的

Take care, my love.

你这句话充满了苦涩的味道

That savours strongly of bitterness.

在罗新斯的时候,我见到了达西先生

I saw Mr Darcy when I was at Rosings.

你为什么不告诉我?

Why did you not tell me?

他提到了彬格莱先生吗?

Did he mention Mr Bingley?

没有

No.

他一句也没提

No, he did not.

噢,人岂可与山石同日而语

Oh, what are men compared to rocks and mountains?

或者马车可以?

Or carriages that work?

我们现在具体是在那里?

Where exactly are we?

离彭伯里相当近

I think we are quite close to Pemberley.

- 达西先生的家?- 就是他

- Mr Darcy's home? - That's the fellow.

真是一个富饶的湖区我真的很想去看看

Very well-stocked lake. I've a hankering to see it.

噢,不要,我们不要去

Oh, no, let's not.

他太...

Well, he's so...

我不打算去,因为他太...他太...

I'd rather not, he's so... he's so...

- 他怎么了?- 他太富有了

- So what? - So rich.

我的天,伊丽莎白,你还真是势利啊!

By heavens, Lizzie, what a snob you are!

因为达西先生富有就反感他

Objecting to Mr Darcy because of his wealth.

可怜的他一定很无奈

The poor man can't help it.

他不会在那里的

He won't be there anyway.

这些人从来都不会呆在家里的

These great men are never at home.

跟上

Keep up.

您的主人在家的日子多吗?

Is your master much at home?

并没有我所期盼的那么多

Not as much as I would wish.

但他绝对喜欢这里

He dearly loves it here.

要是你主人结了婚,你见到他的时候就会多些

If he should marry, you might see more of him.

他与他父亲真的很像

He's a lot like his father.

我丈夫病了的时候,达西先生都忙不过来

When my husband was ill, Mr Darcy couldn't do enough. 但他马上为我安排了仆人

He just organised the servants for me.

这就是他,达西先生

This is he, Mr Darcy.

英俊的面庞

A handsome face.

伊丽莎白,这像他么?

Lizzie, is it a true likeness?

这位年轻的小姐原来跟达西先生相熟?

Does the young lady know Mr Darcy?

不太熟

Only a little.

你不觉得他是位英俊的少爷吗,小姐?

Do you not think him a handsome man, miss?

是的,很英俊

Yes.

是的,我敢说他是英俊的

Yes, I dare say he is.

这是他的妹妹,乔治安娜小姐

This is his sister, Miss Georgiana.

她成天弹琴唱歌

She sings and plays all day long.

她现在在家么?

Is she at home?

伊丽莎白小姐

Miss Elizabeth.

- 我以为你在伦敦- 不

- I thought you were in London. - No.

不,我不在伦敦

No, I'm not.

不在

No.

我们不会来的,要是知道...

We would not have come...

我提早一天回来了...

I came back a day early...

我与我的舅舅和舅母一起来的

I'm with my aunt and uncle.

你们的旅途愉快么?

And are you having a pleasant trip?

非常开心

Very pleasant.

- 我们明天就去马特洛克- 明天?

- Tomorrow we go to Matlock. - Tomorrow?

你们是住在兰顿吗?

Are you staying at Lambton?

是的,在玫瑰花冠旅馆

Yes, at the Rose and Crown.

这样啊

Yes.

非常抱歉,闯入你的家

I'm so sorry to intrude.

舅舅他们说这是对游客开放的,我自己不清楚They said the house was open for visitors. I had no idea. - 我可以送你回村庄去吗?- 不用

- May I see you back to the village? - No.

- 我非常喜欢徒步行走- 是的

- I'm very fond of walking. - Yes.

是的,我知道

Yes, I know.

再见,达西先生

Goodbye, Mr Darcy.

这边请,先生

This way, sir.

你真的不和我们一起吃饭吗?

Are you sure you wouldn't like to join us?

我们刚才才见到达西先生

We've just met Mr Darcy.

你没有告诉过我们你曾经见过他

You didn't tell us that you'd seen him.

他邀请我们与他明天一同吃顿便饭

He's asked us to dine with him tomorrow.

他是一个很有礼貌的不是吗?

He was very civil, was he not?

- 非常有礼貌- 他一点都不像你说的那样

- Very civil. - Not at all how you'd painted him.

和他吃饭?

To dine with him?

他说话的样子,让人感觉很愉快

There's something pleasant about his mouth when he speaks. 你不介意这样会延误行程吧?

You don't mind delaying our journey another day?

他特别点名要你去,见见他的妹妹

He particularly wants you to meet his sister.

他的妹妹

His sister.

伊丽莎白小姐!

Miss Elizabeth!

我的妹妹,乔治安娜

My sister, Miss Georgiana.

我哥哥给我讲了很多关于你的事情

My brother has told me so much about you,

- 我觉得我们俩就像老朋友一样- 谢谢

- I feel as if we are friends already. - Thank you.

- 钢琴真漂亮- 我哥哥给我的

- What a beautiful pianoforte. - My brother gave it to me. - 他不应该给我的- 当然应该给

- He shouldn't have. - I should have.

- 好吧- 她真容易被说服,不是么?

- Very well then. - Easily persuaded, is she not?

你哥哥曾不得不整晚听着我演奏糟糕的钢琴

He once had to put up with my playing.

- 但他说你弹得非常好- 那是他的自欺

- He says you play so well. - Then he has perjured himself. 我是说“挺好的”

I said "quite well".

是“挺好的”,不是“非常好”

"Quite well" is not "very well".

这样我就满意了

I'm satisfied.

- 嘉丁纳先生,你喜欢钓鱼吗- 非常喜欢

- Mr Gardiner, are you fond of fishing? - Very much.

今天下午你有兴趣陪我一起去湖边钓鱼吗?

Would you accompany me to the lake this afternoon?

湖边的居民已经离开很长一段时间了

Its occupants have been left in peace too long.

乐意之至

I would be delighted.

你会二重奏吗,伊丽莎白小姐?

Do you play duets, Miss Elizabeth?

- 除非迫不得已- 哥哥,你可得要强迫她

- Only when forced. - Brother, you must force her.

钓鱼棒极了,很好的同伴,小伙子真不错

Splendid fishing, good company. What a capital fellow.

太感谢你了,达西先生

Thank you so much, Mr Darcy.

你的一封信,小姐

A letter for you, madam.

噢,是来自吉英的

Oh, it's from Jane.

这真是最可怕不过的消息了

It is the most dreadful news.

丽迪雅逃走了...

Lydia has run away...

...和韦翰先生一起

...with Mr Wickham.

天知道他们去哪了

They are gone to Lord knows where.

她没钱没势,恐怕再也找不着她了

She has no money, no connections. I fear she is lost forever. 这是我的错

This is my fault.

当初我要是揭露韦翰的真面目就好了

If only I had exposed Wickham when I should.

不,这是我的错

No, this is my fault.

如果我当初告诉我妹妹就可以阻止这一切的发生

I might have prevented all this by being open with my sisters. 有人去找她了吗?

Has anything been done to recover her?

《傲慢与偏见》英文经典语句

这段精彩对白发生在雨中,伊丽莎白听说姐姐---简的婚事被破坏了,冒雨外出以发泄情绪,达西随后追出,在石亭中,达西抛开世俗向伊丽莎白表露心迹,但是伊丽莎白认为达西破坏了姐姐的婚礼,怀着怒火拒绝了达西,虽然她也同样爱着达西。 Mr Darcy: Miss Elizabeth. I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer. These past months have been a torment. I came to Rosings only to see you. I have fought against judgement, my family's expectation,the inferiority of your birth, my rank. I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony. Miss Elizabeth: I don't understand. Mr Darcy: I love you.Most ardently. Please do me the honour of accepting my hand. Miss Elizabeth: Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through, and I am very sorry to have caused you pain. It was unconsciously done. Mr Darcy: Is this your reply? Miss Elizabeth: Yes, sir. Mr Darcy: Are you laughing at me? Miss Elizabeth: No. Mr Darcy: Are you rejecting me? Miss Elizabeth: I'm sure the feelings which hindered your regard will help you overcome it. Mr Darcy: Might I ask why with so little civility I am thus repulsed? Miss Elizabeth: I might enquire why you told me you liked me against your better judgement? If I was uncivil, then that is some excuse. But you know I have other reasons. Mr Darcy: What reasons? Miss Elizabeth: Do you think anything might tempt me to accept the man who has ruined the happiness of a most beloved sister? Do you deny that you separated a young couple who loved each other, exposing your friend to censure for caprice and my sister to derision for disappointed hopes, involving them both in acute misery? Mr Darcy: I do not deny it. Miss Elizabeth: How could you do it? Mr Darcy: I believed your sister indifferent to him. I realised his attachment was deeper than hers.

傲慢与偏见摘录英文

The distance is nothing ,when one has a motive. Mrs.Bennet’s eyes sparkled with pleasure. We must trespass a litter longer on your kindness. Mrs.Bennet was profuse in her acknowledgements. I often tell my other girls they are nothing to her. That is my idea of good breading;and those persons who fancy themselves very important and never open their mouths , quiet mistake the matter. A lady’s imagination is very rapid;it jumps from admiration to love,from love to matrimony . Pride relates more to our opinion of ourselves,vanity to what we would have others think of us. He is ate up with pride. Upon my word ! Affectation of candour is common enough –one meets it everywhere.But to be candid without ostentation or design—to take the good of everybody’s character and make it still better , and say nothing of the bad—belongs to you alone Mr. Bennet was so odd a mixture of quick parts, sarcastic humor, reserve, and caprice, that the experience of three and twenty years had been insufficient to make his wife understand his character. Everything nourishes what is strong already. She had high animal spirits,and a sort of self-consequence. The day passed much as the day before had done.

傲慢与偏见读书报告(英文)

Pride and Prejudice I. Introduction Part One: About the Book. Name: Pride and Prejudice Author: Jane Austen Main characters: Mr. and Mrs. Bennet Elizabeth Bennet Mr. Darcy Mr. Bingley Jane Bennet Mary Bennet Catherine Bennet Lydia Bennet Mr. Wickham Mr. Collins Narrations: First and third person narration Time: Pride and Prejudice was first written in 1796 as First Impressions. It was rewritten (and retitled) in 1812 and published in 1813. Part Two: About the Author. Jane Austen (1775-1817) was born at Steventon rectory in Hampshire, England. Austen was the youngest daughter of the large family, with six brothers and one sister. Her father is a clergyman. When Austen was eight years old, she was sent to Oxford to be educated. Because of some accident, she returned home to continue her education. From 1785 to 1786, Austen and her sister attended the Reading Ladies Boarding School, where they studied French, spelling, needlework, music, and dancing. Forced to return home for economic reasons, Austen continued to develop her literary mind under the guidance of her father.

傲慢与偏见中英逐行对照珍藏

《傲慢与偏见》 1 The Bennets'new neighbour 1 班纳特家的新邻居 It is a truth well known to all the world that an unmarried man in possession of a large fortune must be in need of a wife.And when such a man moves into a neighbourhood,even if nothing is known about his feelings or opinions,this truth is so clear to the surrounding families,that they think of him immediately as the future husband of one or other of their daughters. 家产万贯而又尚未婚配的男人一定需要一个贤内助,这是一条世界上尽人皆知的真理。当这样一位男人搬到了附近时,这条真理在邻居们心中就显得更加清楚,他们哪怕对他的感情或意见一无所知,也会马上把他当作他们哪个女儿未来的丈夫。 ‘My dear Mr Bennet,’said Mrs Bennet to her husband one day,‘have you heard that someone is going to rent Netherfield Park at last?’ “亲爱的班纳特先生,”一天,班纳特夫人对她丈夫说,“你听说了吗?尼日斐庄园到底还是租出去了。” ‘No,Mrs Bennet,I haven't,’said her husband. “我还没听说,班纳特太太,”她丈夫说。 ‘Don't you want to know who is renting it?’cried Mrs Bennet impatiently. “难道你不想知道是谁要租吗?”班纳特太太不耐烦地嚷了起来。 ‘You want to tell me,and I don't mind listening.’ “你要想告诉我,我也不妨听听。” Mrs Bennet needed no further encouragement.‘Well,my dear,I hear that he's a very rich young man from the north of England.It seems he came to see Netherfield on Monday and was so delighted with it that he arranged to rent it at once.Of course,it is the finest house in the area,with the largest gar- dens.His servants will be here by the end of the week,and he will be arriving soon afterwards!’ 班纳特夫人不需要更多的鼓励就开腔了。“啊,亲爱的,我听说他是个阔少爷,英格兰北部人。好像是星期一来看了看尼日斐,十分喜欢,马上安排把它租了下来。当然,连宅子的花园都那么大,那确实是这一片最好的庄园。他的仆人周末到,他本人随后就到!” ‘What is his name?’asked Mr Bennet. “他叫什么名字?”班纳特先生问道。 ‘Bingley.’ “彬格莱。” ‘Is he married or single?’ “结婚了还是单身?” ‘Oh,single,my dear,of course!A single man of large for- tune—he has an income of four or five thousand pounds a year.How wonderdul for our girls!’ “啊,亲爱的,当然是单身!家产万贯的单身汉——他每年收入四五千镑呢。对咱家姑娘们来说真是再好不过了!” ‘Why?How can it affect them?’Mr Bennet asked. “为什么?这跟姑娘们有什么关系?”班纳特先生问道。 ‘My dear Mr Bennet,’she replied,‘how can you be so an- noying!You must realize I'm thinking of his marrying one of our daughters.’ “我亲爱的班纳特先生,”她回答道,“你怎么那么讨厌!你应该想到,我是在考虑他跟我们哪个姑娘结婚。”

Pride and Prejudice 傲慢与偏见 中英文双语简介

Pride and Prejudice Pride and Prejudice is a novel by Jane Austen, first published in 1813. The story follows the main character Elizabeth Bennet as she deals with issues of manners, upbringing, morality, education, and marriage in the society of the landed gentry of early 19th-century England. Elizabeth is the second of five daughters of a country gentleman living near the fictional town of Meryton in Hertfordshire, near London. Though the story is set at the turn of the 19th century, it retains a fascination for modern readers, continuing near the top of lists of 'most loved books' such as The Big Read.[1] It has become one of the most popular novels in English literature and receives considerable attention from literary scholars. Modern interest in the book has resulted in a number of dramatic adaptations and an abundance of novels and stories imitating Austen's memorable characters or themes. To date, the book has sold some 20 million copies worldwide Plot summary The narrative opens with Mr Bingley, a wealthy, charming and social young bachelor, moving into Netherfield Park in the neighbourhood of the Bennet family. Mr Bingley is soon well received, while his friend Mr Darcy makes a less favorable first impression by appearing proud and condescending at a ball that they attend (this is partly explained in that he detests dancing and is not much for light conversation). Mr Bingley singles out Elizabeth's elder sister, Jane, for particular attention, and it soon becomes apparent that they have formed an attachment to each other. By contrast, Darcy slights Elizabeth, who overhears and jokes about it despite feeling a budding resentment. On paying a visit to Mr Bingley's sister, Jane is caught in a heavy downpour, catches cold, and is forced to stay at Netherfield for several days. Elizabeth arrives to nurse her sister and is thrown into frequent company with Mr Darcy, who begins to perceive his attachment to her, but is too proud to proceed on this feeling. Mr Collins, a clergyman, pays a visit to the Bennets. Mr Bennet and Elizabeth are much amused by his obsequious veneration of his employer, the noble Lady Catherine de Bourgh, as well as by his self-important and pedantic nature. It soon becomes apparent that Mr Collins has come to Longbourn to choose a wife from among the Bennet sisters (his cousins) and Elizabeth has been singled out. At the same time, Elizabeth forms an acquaintance with Mr Wickham, a militia officer who claims to have been very seriously mistreated by Mr Darcy, despite having been a ward of Mr Darcy's father. This tale, and Elizabeth's attraction to Mr Wickham, adds fuel to her dislike of Mr Darcy. At a ball given by Mr Bingley at Netherfield, Mr Darcy becomes aware of a general expectation that Mr Bingley and Jane will marry, and the Bennet family, with the

英文版傲慢与偏见 人物剖析

When Prid e Encounters Prejudice, Everything is Different Ⅰ: Jane Austen (16 December 1775 –18 July 1817), one of the most famous novelists in Britain, was born in Hampshire. She lived in the villages throughout her life. Although there were 2 suitors, she never married. She finished her first novel when she was only 21 years old. This work’s name was First Impressions (After amending, it had a new name: Pride and Prejudice). Ⅱ: Pride and Prejudice is a humorous story of love and marriage. Mr. Bennet was an English gentleman living in Hertfordshire with his wife. He had five daughters: the beautiful Jane, the clever Elizabeth, the bookish Mary, the immature Kitty and the wild Lydia. Because of the law, after the death of Mr. Bennet, their house would be inherited by a distant cousin whom they have never met. This family's future happiness and security dependent on the 5 daughters’ marriages. One day, a rich gentleman Mr. Bingley came and rented a large house in this country. His sisters and his best friend Mr. Darcy came together. Love was soon in the air for one of the 5 sisters, while another had a prejudice against Mr. Darcy. Then they experienced many things, but at last, Mr. Bingley married the oldest sister Jane, and Elizabeth overcame the prejudice and married to Mr. Darcy. It’s a happy ending. Ⅲ: Although Mr. Song said the book report should be objective,but I had to say this book touched my heart d eeply. The women written by Jane Austen still live in our world. Some like Charlotte Lucas, they choose a marriage without love just for money and a stable life. Some like Lydia, they are so frivolous and foolish that they flatter themselves that they can do anything well. Some like Mary, they are not good-looking but think themselves are the best ones. They look down every man while they are eager for a man’s love in their hearts. Some like Jane, they are kind and beautiful, but they are also reserved and feminine。They don’t have courage to fight for the love of their own but wait here in vain. And there are also some girls like innocent Ms Darcy or like vainglorious and superficially clever Bingley sisters. Of course, some girls like Elizabeth, they are clever, gentle, open-minded, and they know their own hearts. They never give in even facing a difficult situation. They are good ladies who are worth loving and cherishing. Jane Austen’s wisdom always appeals to me, which makes me smile through the whole reading.

傲慢与偏见读书笔记英文

In this term,I read a book which named .The author is Jane Austen,.When I first knew this art work, because I watched the movie acted by Kara Knightly and so many famous stars .But this term I read the original work .And I realize the difference between them . After I briefly knew the author -Jane Austen .About her life ,her experience .I found she was an sensitive,strong in mental ,maverick and independent woman.I do really admire her.In 1775 December she birthed to this world.She has eight brothers and sisters.Her father,who had served in that area for forty years,and he also was a encyclopedic clergyman .And the same her mother ,came from an welfare family,she also had certain cultural accomplishment. Therefore, even though Jane ha dn’t go to the official school,because of the great family condition and the environment of reading books .All of those give her the chances to learn by herself and then build up the interests about writing.When she was only thirteen or fourteen years old,she stared to writing something she liked.This showed her talent about her language expression.In the1800,her father retired,and they moved to somewhere,but Jane didn’t like there.At there,Jane refused the marriage from a teenager who will inherited a larg e fortune,just because she didn’t like him.The gods throw out the questions ,we human need to find ,to choose the answers by ourselves.The answer from this problem is probably not "no" to us now. Although our hearts still have some expectation for love, we believe that love is sacred. But gradually, like wealth, background, politics, more and more things go beyond love, above all else, to our life,to our heart. In 1796 ,at 20 she met Lefroy.She fall in love with this clever young Irish lawyer. However, the pastor's family - Jane’s father wanted the son-in-law would have the financial strength in the future but at that time lefroy was a poor boy. Lefroy’s family who had six children, was also determined to marry with a wealthy family, so he was asked to retur n to Ireland. They never saw each other again. In Jane’s letter to her sister Cassandra, said: "Finally, the day has come, and I will say goodbye to Tom Lefroy. And when you get this letter, it's all over. I can't help but cry at the thought. Her unforgettable first love was forced to break up,she chose never marry for the whole life,and put the all emotions and feelings devoted to the literary creation. What make me impressively is her attitude to the people ,world,and to herself.The world and people hurt her ,break up she and her lover,make her never marry,but she still keep her mind to the world,put all her love to the literary creation,write the sweet,profound work for the people. To tell them ,among the millions of people in the world, it likes a miracle to meet someone you love who loves you as much as you do. And do not cherish this person is how ignorant and pitiful.A person may be arrogant but not vain.In most cases, pride is nothing more than what we think of ourselves ,but vanity refers to how we v alue other people’s evaluation of us. In fact, there are few people I really like. The more I look at the world, the less satisfied I am, and the more I believe that every day, I believe that all kinds of peo ple are capricious, and that the good things what appeared on the surface are untru stworthy. But then I can't tell you exactly when, where, what kind of style , what kind of talk I heard, which all of those made me fall in love with you gradually.It was

傲慢与偏见英文读后感

Reading after Pride and Prejudice Recently I have been reading a novel called Pride and Prejudice, which was written by Jane Austen. Although I haven’t finished it yet, I still have something to write. The writer, Jane Austen, was an English woman. She was born in Steventon, Hampshine, where her father was a rector. She was the second daughter and the seventh child in a family of eight. The first 25 years of her life Austen spent in Hampshire. Austin didn’t go to regular schools, but she read many literary works at her parents’guidance. She started writing about the age of 20, and published six novels. Pride and Prejudice (1813) and Emma (1816) are the best-known books of them. Virginia Woolf called her “the most perfect artist among women”. Most of her novels were all adapted into movies and successful in the world. For living in a small country town, contacting the medium and small landlords, pastor as well as their quiet and comfortable living environment, there were no significant social contradictions in her works. She described a truthful picture of her world, especially the marriage and love between gentlemen and ladies by her meticulous feminine observation. The style of her works is humorous and rich in comic conflicts, so many readers love them. This type of novels not only at that time attracted broad readers, today; it still gives the readers unique art enjoyment. The novel describes love process of heroine Elizabeth and hero Darcy, her elder sister Jane and Mr.Bingley, younger sister Jane and Mr.Bingley, younger sister Lydia and

傲慢与偏见 第二章双语版

傲慢与偏见第二章 MR. Bennet was among the earliest of those who waited on Mr. Bingley. He had always intended to visit him, though to the last always assuring his wife that he should not go; and till the evening after the visit was paid, she had no knowledge of it. It was then disclosed in the following manner. Observing his second daughter employed in trimming a hat, he suddenly addressed her with, "I hope Mr. Bingley will like it, Lizzy." "We are not in a way to know what Mr. Bingley likes," said her mother resentfully, "since we are not to visit." "But you forget, mama," said Elizabeth, "that we shall meet him at the assemblies, and that Mrs. Long has promised to introduce him." "I do not believe Mrs. Long will do any such thing. She has two nieces of her own. She is a selfish, hypocritical woman, and I have no opinion of her." "No more have I," said Mr. Bennet; "and I am glad to find that you do not depend on her serving you." Mrs. Bennet deigned not to make any reply; but unable to contain herself, began scolding one of her daughters. "Don't keep coughing so, Kitty, for heaven's sake! Have a little compassion on my nerves. You tear them to pieces." "Kitty has no discretion in her coughs," said her father; "she times them ill." "I do not cough for my own amusement," replied Kitty fretfully. "When is your next ball to be, Lizzy?" "To-morrow fortnight." "Aye, so it is," cried her mother, "and Mrs. Long does not come back till the day before; so it will be impossible for her to introduce him, for she will not know him herself." "Then, my dear, you may have the advantage of your friend, and introduce Mr. Bingley to her." "Impossible, Mr. Bennet, impossible, when I am not acquainted with him myself; how can you be so teazing?" "I honour your circumspection. A fortnight's acquaintance is certainly very little. One cannot know what a man really is by the end of a fortnight. But

相关文档
相关文档 最新文档